Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning Mama, Nora, Papmom, Molly and All. I don't drop in much but having a lazy ho day. Sounds like some health issues for many here. I hope it all gets worked out soon. Molly you're funny! Thanks for sharing a silly look at the serious side of things.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi fellow nesters

Its so good to catch up with you all and hello and welcome back Molly and Hip. I haven't been posting on here lately as I also have been trying to deal with 'my head' and all the stuff I have just shoved down and not dealt with over the years except to numb it with al.
      I did not think about this part of recovery. Just thought giving up the al would solve all!!!

I am now 7 weeks sober and know this is the right thing for me. Al is just not part of my life any more. That decision has made things a lot easier. But now just need to sort out all this other stuff and the emotions that go with it.

So gald you enjoyed you holiday Hip. You were in Qld? I heard its cold cold cold in Perth. Molly those things happen in threes so now you'll be OK. Hope you get it all sorted.

PapM NoraC Prancy Mamma RC Gary - have a great day/night and catch up some more later. Hello Renewal and adding my thanks also for this thread. And Fen yes, where are you?

Off to work again only for three days this week - Yay
      Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey gang...watching bad tv movies and wallowing in bed with hubs.....he's dozing and we are being TOTALLY lazy......
        hope everyone here feels better.......check in tomorrow
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;902646 wrote: Good Morning all...
          mama slept late...tummy better but feel so TIRED....I hope it's not the bac.....

..hi mama...:new:..

..yeah the 'bac' does make me a bit tired..

..o' well stayin' in bed sounds like a good idea...:thanks:..Ozy..
          'Welcome my son..to the machine..'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping in to say goodnight to everyone, Mazzie, its funny how so many around the site seem to be at this stage - dealing with buried turmoil? Like you I never expected this part of it, I really thought the giving up and the cravings and all would be it. Like you I don't ever expect to drink again - I have no wish to - but emotionally I feel a wreck, anyway just part of the journey obviously - we'll get there Maz!!
            Night all
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Ozboy and welcome oh and Mamab hope you are feeling better
              Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Now where the heck did my post of this morning go? Or did I dream that I wrote it :H. These days I seem more forgetful than ever. Oh what the heck, just add Alzheimers to the list why don't you? At least I have family history with that!!

Got back a couple of hours ago from the July 4th small town parade and BBQ at my brother's house. Parade was smaller than last year but nephew still looked cute as button waving from the fire truck!! Food was awesome and I ate way too much of everything. Weight Watchers weigh in is NOT going to be pretty this week!

Had a fleeting thought of having a couple of glasses of wine tonite (long explanation is in my journal) but didn't cave into the thought or action.
                Welcome Ozboy. Hope you will tell us about yourself.

Hey Mama-lazing in bed all day is probably what I'll be doing tomorrow. It'll be too damn hot to do anything else!! Hope you're feeling better!!

My word MollyK!! When it rains it pours!! I sure hope your home disasters are over with for a while and that your hubby took them in stride as well as you did. Congrats on dealing with them AF!! Hope your headaches stay well away!!

Hey Nora, yep the medical stuff just showed up beginning of June after being fairly healthy even with the drinking. It's still a shock.

Hey Mazzie-nice to see you again. Congrats on the 7 weeks AF!! Well done!!

Hey RC, Prancy, hope you enjoyed your day!!

Going to take some antacid and sign off for the nite.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome ozboy
                  I am thouroughly enjoying thr reruns of True Blood
                  nite all

Comment

Newbies Nest

nite mama glad you're feeling better...john
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks techie..you are always such a sweetie

Comment

Newbies Nest

My goodness. Lots of things happening on the nest today.
                        So sorry about all who are feeling a bit blue, tired or down. All things pass if you give them time. I tried bac briefly and it does make you sleepy.
                        I went to a patriotic music presentation today with a friend at her church. It was very stirring and a good way to enjoy the 4th. Then we had guests for dinner and they have all gone and there are fireworks in the Valley outside my window. All in all, a very good day! Sweet dreams to all. prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Everyone
                          Lovely sunny morning here in Dublin, at least the mad wind is gone so no more rooftiles down!! Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday my American cousins! Papmom, to hell with diets sometimes, this AF route sometimes is enough on its own without worrying about weight etc. and if you can't blow out on a bit of grub on the 4th when can you!! Well done on avoiding the wine - must go to your diary next to see what happened to you!
                          Prancy, nice day for you too hope you had a good nights sleep to top it off.
                          Hey Mama, Techie and all to come, have to go back to work today after nearly 3 weeks off - don't mind actually, I like my job but I reckon I'll be knackered after a days work cos I've been a lazy cow for the last week, anyway will check back in later tonight if I have the energy!!
                          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all. think im gonna start counting days again. i messed up again at the weekend.. only a week since the last one... i thought i had got this sorted but obviously not. day 2 for me, i am gonna do this
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Its a cloudy day here in the UK. Just wanted to join in this thread and throw myself into the banter. Hope everyone is having a good monday. x
                              Be strong-
                              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi

Will be AF today. I can do this. I'd like to stay close, please help me by doing the same. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X