Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Aclassicgirl, rebirth and Ozboy. Nice to have so many new "faces" in our lovely nest. Stick around a while and ask us anything. We all have an assortment of histories with alcohol and there is always someone who has an answer to a problem or query you may have. Making the decision to come to this site and to this thread in particular was one of my best decisions I have made. I have had so much support and friendship from everyone here. It really has made my journal away from my horrible alcoholic life alot easier. I hope you get what you need from us here.
    Molly what did you do to deserve all that hassle? OMG.....I think you need to get back to work for a rest!
    Hi Maz - nice to hear from you. Yes Perth has been really cold lately, around zero most mornings. But we have so little rain that the skies have been cloudless which makes it cold. We went to the Gold Coast for my husbands conference and we took the kids along so we could do all the theme parks. Had a great time. Big learning journey for me as I decided to have a few drinks. I had built up alot of myths in my head about how good AL was and how much I was missing it, so wanted to see if it was true. And I actually realised that AL has no appeal to me at all now. It was great to finally understand that I had been making myself believe that AL was what I wanted and missed, but to find out it isnt what I want, without doing too much damage, was great. So do feel alot more at peace now with my decision to be AF. Funny thing really to be happy I broke my nearly six month run of not drinking. Glad you're back, stick around. We'll help you.

Have had an evening of watching my dad and husband drink their way thru a few bottles of red. Not a pretty sight, but just another confirmation of why I choose not to drink. People talk such shite when they are drunk.

Time to grab my kindle and finish that damn book i have been reading for ages now. It is such a good book that I dont know why I dont make more time to read so I can enjoy it.

Night all.

Hip
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Classicgirl!! The nest might be a tad quiet today due to the holiday but stick close anyway. There are lots of other posts to read. Are you new here to MWO? How can we help you?
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama here....feeling better....off to the family lake house for the day
        Spuddle...you can do this....what happened to push you over the edge? We need to find the strength you had a few months ago...... love you baby
        ok...gotta run...
        will check in later
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not so new... just been in denial for a couple of years. Starting from scratch...today. I feel so good and healthy when not drinking and get so much accomplished. I love my family more than alcohol---thanks Mama Bear...got that from you. I'll be here all day... I'll shout when I need some attention. LOL Enjoy the holiday! Thank you all. Your posts really do help!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone!
            :new:
            On day 3 and just want to be free of this alcohol burden. Things are so much nicer sober.
            I'm trying so I'll be on here often! I'm happy to be here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!!!! My goodness....the nest is popping this morning. That is wonderful. I'm so happy to meet all of you!!

Everyone pull up a twig and get comfy.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pushing thru a headache and feeling a little shaky. I know it will pass....it will pass and I'll feel so much better!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Classicgirl-you know the drill if you've been here before: plenty of water and lemon, rest, eat healthy today (and all days -don't give into the fast food craving which I always did the day after drinking)-plenty of fruits and veggies and most of all, pamper yourself. Hope you can continue the streak no matter what. Enjoy the holiday/day off (the last one for quite a while no?)
                  Spuddles-please hang in there-you know AL is horrible for you!! Please find your innerstrength to beat this beast to a pulp. If I can do it, you can too!!
                  IP - be strong and hang around here. There are velcro suits for your use.
                  MB-so glad you're feeling better. Have a great time at the lake house. Still jealous!!
                  NoraC-hope today is going well for you and the little ones. Stay cool-great day for the movies isn't it? I think you're going to be in the 100s which is coming our way later in the week. Why don't I live in Maine????

HC-so sorry you had to watch your dad and hubby do their stupid drunk tricks but glad it served as a reinforcer for you. I now can't stand the smell of red wine in the bottle or on the breath of others.

I'm off to replenish my supps, go to TJs to see what I can find for low sodium white bread (yechh!! I can't believe I have to switch to refined flour now-i feel like crying!!) and possibly blueberry picking with my sis which BETTER be followed by a swim in her pool!! I think the plan of doing paperwork has gone out the window LOL!! Maybe tonite if I'm not dead of heatstroke.
                  Have a great day everyone. Will check in tonite.
                  :l
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Papmom: Thank you for the encouragement. I see you are from New England. So am I and it's a scorcher out there! Drinking plenty of water and have some sun tea brewing on the deck. It's so good to be here. Have a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Making a water now. Thanks!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning to all you.
                        So sorry to hear about the heat wave on the east coast. It is so miserable there when it is hot because of the humidity. Veery cool and overcast in Los Angeles today. We have the fire going.... Can you believe it?
                        Headed for a horse ride, a trip to the book store, a trip to the grocery store and then home to organize my office a bit. Wait a minute....This is still a holiday!
                        Good luck today to all those struggling. You can do it for just today and then just for tomorrow and the next thing you know, you will have a week, then a month, then a great sober lifestyle. Stay strong! Help is here for the asking. prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

prancy;903481 wrote: Good luck today to all those struggling. You can do it for just today and then just for tomorrow and the next thing you know, you will have a week, then a month, then a great sober lifestyle. Stay strong! Help is here for the asking. prancy
                          Thank you Prancy..Words of wisdom cause that's how its been for me. First 24 hours, then days, then weeks and now a month. It's just wonderful to be sober this length of time.

Stay with the struggle because you WILL benefit. My partner says I have changed for the better. My son is happier with me. My workload is easier to deal with. I am starting to feel more energised and happier within myself. The more hurdles I overcome without drinking through them, the more determination I have and the more hope I have in living a life without having to get drunk every three days. When the sun is out I dont think "What lovely weather to drink outside". I just think "what lovely weather to go to the park". And that my friends is a massive change for me. Me the alcoholic who never imagined life without her wine. What a LIE alcohol is. Its fooled me for 15 years!

Guys I sound like I am preaching but it's coming from my heart and I feel like shouting it out.IT'S WORTH THE STRUGGLE. DON'T QUIT!!!!. xxxxxxx:l
                          Be strong-
                          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rebirth,

I know where you're coming from and I agree completely. This is part of a post I just wrote in another thread and thought it was appropriate here. These are a few examples of how my life is better without AL: I am finally losing some weight, my sister-in-law, who wouldn't visit me anymore because of my drinking, called me yesterday and invited me out to lunch....her treat. I have the love and respect of my family again. They can count on me to show up sober and on time to family events and feel comfortable knowing that I won't be repeating myself because I'm wasted.

I didn't think I could ever do it, but I have, and I just wish I hadn't waited so long.

Rusty

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fluffy ones!

Quick run-by fruiting here... work, horses, grand peanut, garden, etc... keeping me on my toes and busy! I believe we will FINALLY break ground for the barn next week (although we still haven't got the building permit - that's a whole novel in itself).

Welcome newbies, and a great big hug to the 'old birds' *snicker*
                              I'm sorry to hear of so many health issues (dealing with more biopsies myself at the moment) - please take good care of yourselves and I will vow to do the same.

MamaBear... I'm so glad you're starting on Bac! :l Nora, Molly, PapMom, Fennel, Hippie, Spuddle, and all the rest of you - thinking of you and wishing you well!

Over and out! :H
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evenin all! Wow, welcome all you newbies! Its brill to see so many people here - I thought we were sliding into oblivion!!
                                Hello to Classic Girl, Imagine Peace - hang around, we can all support eachother, sometimes drag eachother kicking and screaming thro a bad day, but most of the time coming on here is like visiting friends who understand us - its a great place.
                                Spuds, I think a relapse can knock us sideways for quite a while. I know when I screwed up in May it took me at least a month to feel 'comfortably' AF again it sort of unsettled me. You'll be grand with determination, it is in our heads really and all in our control.

I went back to work today after nearly 3 weeks and I was glad - a bit of routine to my life but wow am I tired tonight!!
                                Night everyone, Sunni, Hippy, Papmom, Rebirth, Mama, Nora (how are you? )and everyone else I've forgotten - sorry and again a special welcome to our newbies
                                Molly
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X