Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

If there was a "Like" button, rebirth, I would click it.

rebirth;904175 wrote: I posted this on another thread but my partner thinks I am having an affair cause I am always on this site. Just like Hip's daughter says "you're not on the computer AGAIN are you ?". My partner says the same.
    Oh but its okay for him to watch the world cup on a daily basis!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rebirth. I dont actually think of my picking up as a relapse. It was planned and controlled. I didnt get drunk, but I did prove to myself that alcohol has no appeal to me anymore. I had a few drinks over a week while on holidays a couple of weeks ago. I had been missing AL and thinking I needed to find out if I could moderate or if I actually wanted to drink at all. So I am pleased I drank, because it made me realise I dont want it in my life. I feel more at peace now. I dont think "what am I missing" any more, or "what if I could moderate". I simply dont want to drink now. I had never really gotten over the fact that I couldnt drink, I missed it, and thought it would "cure" anxieties I was having. But it didnt. The only way I can make myself better is to work on it, not numb myself or give me pretend courage with AL.
      If you are frightened that you wont be able to get back on track should you pick up, the easy solution is to not pick up in the first place. I was petrified when I first started that just one drink would send me into a spiral and un-do all the hard work I had done to get and stay sober. So use that fear. And you wont let your self drink.
      It does get easier the more AF time you have. But you also get more complacent with more AF time. Just be aware of what the potential could be should you pick up again. That is why I remind myself (in this post) every now and again of what it was like ON A DAILY BASIS when I was drinking. I dont want that life again. My life is not perfect now, but it is shitloads better than before.
      Hi aclassicgirl. So pleased for you waking up with no regrets. Just remember how good that feels and you will want to do it every day. Keep visiting us, there is so much help and support available.
      Hip
      I finally got it!
      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

my hubs and kids say the same thing....MOOOOOMMMMM...u are always on the computer now...
        but hubs knows everyone that I am really close to and always asks how they are.....
        Hippy...great post.......my life exactly...except ...just like Rebirth...i was always too relaxed to do anything but watch tv or sleep
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick;904193 wrote:
          It does get easier the more AF time you have. But you also get more complacent with more AF time. Just be aware of what the potential could be should you pick up again. Hip
          I shall remember your advice Hip because it seems to echo what many have posted when they have been AF for a long period...one becomes complacent. x
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey All, Hippy, great post - you really are in a good place, nice one. I sooooo agree with complacency being the enemy after a while - without a doubt that was a major part of what in my case WAS a relapse.
            Rebirth, you really are on the right path with the right attitude, we shall continue on the road together?!!
            Classicgirl, the clear head is worth anything isn't it, and it just gets better and better - guaranteed!
            Hi Nora, is it the ADs that work so quickly (3 days?) or the hormones. I'm taking the ADs for over a week and I don't feel anything except sleepy - is that normal? Anyway, glad you are feeling better in yourself, you sound chirpier!
            Will check in later before bed, PapM, hello?! and Prancy and MB and all else
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly love
              AD's typically take 6 to 8 weeks to start working..you may feel a bit fuzzy at first, but for those of that really need them...they are a lifesaver!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

The ADs made me very tired at first. Mine took about 2 weeks until I felt a little change. Ever time they up my dosage I go through a fewww days of the tiredness again. When they are working its great. I'm more focused and calm. I'm up to 40mg now. I think this could be the right one. I got it upd on Thursday and today is the first day I'm not moody or tired.
                Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
                No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh - ok so I'm normal!! thanks MB and sk8, I know nothing of these things and have to admit to only hearing half of what the doc told me! I'll be glad if this doziness goes tho Sk8!
                  Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

it passes baby...trust me!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes you're normal. It will pass.
                      Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
                      No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey mollyka! Too right we will follow this path together! You seem to be a month ahead but I am determined to get to day 60. I dont take any drugs , just go to AA meetings, take vitamin tabs but I seem to be okay so far. But! I am always on guard by staying away from triggers etc. I dont seem to be having as many cravings as I did initially..
                        Maybe its getting easier as everyone says?

sk8 your son is gorgeous!
                        Be strong-
                        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

So good to read all your posts and see how everyone is going. I agree rebirth, this journey is about learning about ourselves and making the right choices.

I have been having al thoughts all week because tomorrow Mr Maz and I (yup just us two by ourselves for a whole 4 days) are going to a national park we have been camping at for about 30 years. This time we are renting one of the houses up there. Al has always been a big part of the camping so of course wants to come along. I have thought about it and followed the thoughts through to their logical ending (as someone on here suggested) and I definitely do not want to go there. I will be 8 weeks al free on Sunday and don't want to mess up. Just don't take any with me and I'll be fine. Easy ?????????????????????

I'll just think about Hips recent experiment and final outcome because I am sure that would be me too.

One thing I do think about now is that when I think about going into a bottle shop I see Lav's blue avatar out on the footpath and she's definitely not winking at me!!!! but has a very disappointed look on her face so - not going there. All these little things help.

Anyway as usual i must go to work now. I never have enough time on here although i am getting my very own puter anyday now so maybe I will get more online time.

Hope everyone has a good day - talk some more when I get home I hope
                          Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rebirth, Lots of people in my life (hubs, doc, kids) have suggested that I go to AA I told them I didn't need it and didn't appear to - was sailing thro this until I imploded one day in May and drank like a mad thing - only gave them more ammunition to tell me to go to AA - I really don't want to. I am the most private person in the whole world and just couldn't imagine going - I probably should so I admire you that you have.
                            And yes the cravings do ease an awful lot but referring back to something Hippy said, complacency REALLY is to be watched out for once you go over the 30 days.
                            Have a nice evening
                            Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAZZIE Hi!!! Cross posted!
                              Best of luck on your camping trip - don't give in - it's not worth it - really, I had a lovely sober hol in March,( had a sober hol in June as well but not quite so lovely!) enjoyed every minute ( and remembered every minute!) no part of it would have been improved with AL and if you were anything like me it probably would have involved rowing with hubs, sore heads, sick tummy - need I go on?
                              Have a brill time
                              Molly xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in...had a busy day at work, leaving for class. i will make lemon water when I get home tonight and confirm on here that I did indeed do that!!! I can make it thru day 2...barely...but I think I can do it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X