Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening Everyone, just in from work - knackered, wasn't that busy cos of World Cup semi on this evening but I got soft being off work for so long and need to get back to my working routine!
    Rebirth, I had my last baby when I was 38 and no way was I anywhere NEAR too old - I think you are very sensible getting a good bit of sober time behind you before you would go that route tho.
    Nora, gotcha about the ADs, however am feeling a bit better in that I'm not as exhausted all the time today and yesterday so I'm hoping that part is wearing off a bit.
    Classic, don't even contemplate the possibility of failing, tell yourself that is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, ............and then it won't - its all in your own hands. I know what you mean about feeling you hardly left work before you back in again, that'll be me in the morning!!
    Hippy, anything is better than pouring the poison, so what if you put on a couple of kilos - when the time comes if you want to loose them they'll be gone in a week and we all need something to cheer us up from time to time!
    Night all and will check in tomorrow
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey COCO! Cross posted! How are things? Yep check in in the mornins and we'll all kick ass ok!!!!
      Actually where IS Fennel?
      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

We getting ready to head off on our 4 day R & R. It hardly ever rains here esp in winter so I can't believe the rain this morning!!! Forecast is for much more and cold! Oh well we'll be forced to have a rest. Mr Maz is being true to form - he's a selfemployed workaholic so has just gone to check on the job!!!

Well done classic on having day 2 done and dusted. I know the feeling of get up, go to work, come home, have a sleep, get up, go to work, come home, have a sleep, get up, go to work............................

Coco - so good to see you. I've missed your sense of humour and fresh way of looking at things. Lets all do this together

Hi NoraC, Rebirth, Hip, Molly Suns and everyone else who pops in here or is lurking and where is Fen and Papmom?

The best thing today is the resolve that I usually have in the mornings. I know I won't be buying any wine to take - that decision has been made and I'm acutally excited about that!!! I'm looking forward to this time af and when I come back on here on Sunday or Monday I'll be 8 weeks al free. Yay!

Be good everyone and enjoy life
        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mazzie;905636 wrote: . I know the feeling of get up, go to work, come home, have a sleep, get up, go to work, come home, have a sleep, get up, go to work............................
          Thats how it is I guess... made me chuckle. Night all. It 's time for sleep.
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

About that time...getting nervous. I appreciate your kind words. I wish I could spend some time chiming in. It will come. Plan for this evening...go to dinner with the fam, husband and youngest share birthdays. Will come home and MAKE WATER. Scary! When was the last time I didn't get hammered for someones birthday?? It's a cause for celebration! Yikes! I will MAKE WATER! It's so thirst quenching and no horrible feeling in the morning!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Maz-I'm here!! Just lurking today while at work and got into errands and chores when I got home. Just now logging in.
              Classic Girl-you keep that good attitude front and center OK? You will feel so great tomorrow when you wake up fresh and ready to go instead of hungover and tired.
              I'm worried about Fennel. Anyone have the inside connection with her? I PM'd her but no reply yet.
              Hey Coco you nut-welcome back. Get yer plan in place and start doing the best thing in the world you can do for yourself-be AF!! You can do this if you really want to.
              OK everyone-going to check out some other threads and then off to dreamland!!
              :l
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone, don't have time to even read back a few posts, flying to work so just a very quick hello and all, have a nice day, hope to see everyone in the nest when I get home!!
                See yas
                Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all.

classicgirl How was your evening. Did you drink that water?
                  mazzie. 8 weeks! Thats fantastic!
                  Hi papmom
                  x
                  Be strong-
                  We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning molly
                    we crossed post. Seems like you leave the 30 mins before I do! Have a productive day.
                    Be strong-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did it! Hee-hee-hee...I can hardly believe it! I even got up early this morning! Thanks for checking on me and everyone have a "Thumbs Up Thursday!" Enjoy the R&R, Mazzie, I'm sure you deserve it. Off to work, school, then WATER, then bed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

way to go aclassicgirl!!
                        Be strong-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nestlings!

Coco checking in! I'm feeling positive today - time to get back on track!

All this talk of babies -- I had my second daughter at 42 so 40 is definitely not too late!! I'm remembering both times I became pregnant I instantly gave up AL and stayed off completely (until about 2 seconds after the birth.) I guess when you are pregnant drinking is JUST NOT AN OPTION so you JUST DON'T DO IT!!

Hmmm, wonder if it's too late to do it again? (The baby and I could be in diapers together...) Ha!!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Back soon!
                          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Some times its a pain being on the under side of the world.... everyone is off to work and i am in the evening. Then when everyone wants to talk I am asleep! Oh well. I suppose that is why we are called "downunder".

Well done aclassicgirl. Keep writing your daily plan..... you did make me laugh when you said you were going to "make water".......

Rebirth - five months is a good goal. I'll start knitting as it will take me that long to knit a pair of booties.....

Coco isnt it amazing that feeling when you find out you a pregnant and your desire to not drink just dissolves. I didnt drink for five years as I was pregnant with my son then breast feed him for two years, then got pregnant with my daughter and feed her for 18 months. And I had absolutely no desire to drink at all during that whole 5 year period. Strange..... certainly made up for it later on though.

Anyway going to read one of the four books I downloaded for free yesterday. (did Amazon have a meltdown and gave away their kindle books for free as I got four that cost me nothing!?)

So have a good Thursday morning/evening and will catch up again tomorrow.
                            Hippy
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

BRAVO CLASSIC...you are kickin ass my friend
                              Sunny...the baby is PRECIOUS!!!!! makes me want another...NOT
                              Coco and I would be in diapers together!!!!!
                              Morning Hips, Molly, Panno...
                              at work...gotta run
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

coco and Hip- I was the same. I lost the compulsion to drink when I was pregnant as i didnt want to harm my baby. I tried breast feeding for a couple of weeks and then lost my patience and drank like a fish again. My behaviour does not make sense though. I care about my baby when he is inside my tummy but I dont care about him when he is not.

Arggh. can we stop talking about babies???? Ha Ha.
                                Be strong-

Comment

Working...
                                X