Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hurray, I'm back! Long day at work, so it's nice to be settling in to the nest for the evening. Waiting for a good bedtime story, Renewal!!
    Lil, did you get your laundry done? What am I asking? Laundry is NEVER done! No sooner do you get the clothes folded and put away, there's an new pile in the hamper!
    Hey, Sun! I survived the teenage years with my kids, and you will too. Hang in there!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Quiet night in the nest...............nothing wrong with that. Goodnight my little ones....sleep tight and look forward to a blessed tomorrow.
      PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

night night....

thanks papa..sleep well.

Things in this corner of the nest are going well. Work is superstressfull right now.
        but...i am hanging in.....THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE!

see you all in the morning.
        zzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzz...........zzzzzzzzzz z
        :l
        a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Work was VERY stressful today, doesn't look any better for tomorrow....could be court cases brewing...ex-husband in tonight...not sure whats up with that...so sick...but, I miss him! I would never ever say that out loud......but it killed me tonight to sit across the table at dinner and have him talk to me like I was his best friend again...and it killed me to see him have to say good bye to our son and us leave and him drive away...more so then ever before....if there were more here to drink I would....thank God there isn't and I can just go to bed and cry myself to sleep...cuz I can't tell right now if I'm just lonely or if I really miss Him! thanx for listening...till....(tomorrow) Fat tuesday!!! G'd Night!!
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Nestlings
            I am up bright and early, sipping my coffee. I have an appointment for Fuel assistance this morning. I hate all of this crap, but I have to get help with my bills until I can get back to work. I did receive an Inquiry about another job yesterday, that sounds pretty good. Somethings gotta happen soon. I am going Nuts. I will definitely go to an AA meeting tonight. Hope you all have a great day. I will check in later today.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all

It is good to be back here in the nest. I missed you all and had a great vacation. First, the weather was beautiful and warm. Second, I stayed up later than I would have if drinking , and had fun dancing. third, I saved a ton of money by drinking tea, lemonade and lots of water. When they provided an open bar for "island drinks" I asked for a Virgin Daquiri--looked and tasted the same so I got to experience the sensation of it without the AL and subsequent guilt.

I feel great about that, but oddly enough last night was tough! First day back at work, and I wanted a drink. I flat out told hubby I was craving and to keep me busy...he did.

SD--sorry about the ex--that can be tough, I know, especially with kids. I know after my divorce (so long ago) I started to forget the bad and dwell on the good parts, few as there were. This passes.

Within--I understand work stress--can you find a few minutes during the day to meditate or journal--even if you have to do it in a toilet stall???:H

Betty, Dill, lilmea--you all sound good and happy, I am so glad.

Sea and Dill--enjoy Florida.

Sunshine--don't let the stress get you. My kids are older now but I do remember "the hell years" so well. YUK! Will talk to you later.Did you get the CD's yet?

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, peeps! Sounds like work is stressful for most of us lately. I like your suggestion, UNG of meditating or journaling
                --even if you have to do it in a toilet stall???
                I have done it! Well, not exactly, but I have printed out inspirational posts from MWO and taken them to work and read them in the stall! I also take 10 minute walks at lunch or go sit in my car and listen to something soothing.

Hi, within. If you have any good stress-at-work coping mechanisms, please share them!

SD, I'm sorry you're going through the emotional ups and downs. I have no advice to offer. All I can do is tell you I care! Hope you get it sorted out.

Renewal, I hope you are feeling OK. You are posting so little, it has me concerned.

Lil, I KNOW you'll be here soon. How's it going? Another cold morning. The worm was frozen stiff this morning. It broke into many pieces, so we're sharing! i wonder if gummy worm muffins would be any good?

Sea, I feel for you. I'm employed but hb is not and can't find anything. My son is struggling to find work, too and is only PT right now. Plus his wife is having health issues, so their bills are piling up. I'm glad you are maintaining sobriety. Drinking would only make things worse.

Hope everyone has a good day!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Chicklets,

Renewal, I hope you are feeling OK. You are posting so little, it has me concerned.
                  Ditto here Renewal. We're here if you need us.

Sea-You are doing so well. Staying strong and taking care of business. Good for you.

UNG-I've missed your sense of humor while you were gone! ha! Don't you think part of the cravings are also part of the let down from coming home after vacation? After vacations I'm always glad to be home but feel alittle blue for awhile. If it helps, I'm jealous you had so much fun while I sat here in the nest shivering!

SD-Divorce is a lot like when you stop drinking. You've tried every which way to make it work but sometimes all you can do is let go. Hang in there it will get better.

Within-We spend so much time at work. It's hard when there's also a lot of stress involved. How about adding a few deep breathing exercises to you growing bag of tips? Those have helped me through cravings and some emotional times as well.

Dilly-Thanks for sharing your frozen gummy worm. And gummy worm muffins! Yummy! Will they also have the daily allotment of fiber?

My big day consist of grocery shopping, dropping our taxes of at the accountant, and Helping my mother write out her bills. Mom is 89 and doesn't see well anymore. I'm just thankful I am sober today and can help her. When I was drinking, I couldn't even balance my own checkbook.

Hope everyone has a good day.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nestlings and my apologies!

I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted; there will be some changes in my life very shortly (relating to my youngest) and I'm trying to get a grip and make rational decisions instead of emotional. I'm not drinking, though In case you've wondered.

Anyways... I really don't have much time to hang out in the nest or other places around here a whole lot at the moment - please forgive me. Give my best to all the newly arriving feathered friends and take good care of yourselves. I'll try to pop in at least once during the day

Love you all - be strong and healthy and happy! :l

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lSS, I am sorry you will be able to visit here less, and even more sorry that you are having family struggles right now. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your family. We will be here for you when you can post!:l
                      Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good morning little ones.....appreciate your notes Lilmea and Dill....I'm doing fine, just a bit 'busy with life' as of late...but really do appreciate your concern. Sun, hang in there hun. You mean a great deal to us here. Use us when you need us. Gonna be over 80 degrees here in AZ which is 'a bit toasty', even for here in February. Have a great day my friends....I'll talk to ya later.
                        P Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Renewal-Lets see...80 degress in AZ--20 degress in In. Hmmmm!

Ss-Sorry to hear about your family troubles. Good luck and hope everything turns out well.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back again, last drank on the 22th. Just trying to keep a sunny disposition and see life as the long journey it is, not trying to drink away temporary small problems. Hope everybody else is having a good or at least decent day.:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi nesters

breath....breath....
                              ung, I like the idea of meditating in the bathroom at work!!!!

On a serious note....I realize I need to stop and slow and breath...thanks LIL!!......its not something i do naturally!!
                              worked on my resume instead of going to yoga..not the best choice.

SD.....i want to give you a hug. Sometimes when our hearts are open and need something, our brains get the signals crossed and thinks the first thing it sees might be just the right fix...hold on there....your heart is very wise and will tell you want it wants to be filled with. hmmm....Just something to think about....now the hug...:l

SS_gg all the best...stay healthy and I hope it all works out for the best. easy for me to say but...breath!!!!!

ent...glad to see you back.
                              dill...i will let you know if I have any GROUNDBREAKING stress busting strategies. does eating chocolate under my desk count?
                              sea...hang in there. positive thoughts your way....
                              renewal...sounding mellow......everything ok????????

OK ALL you BESTER NESTERS....off to bed with me. Early meeting tomorrow....must look rested. I dont want to have to use that heavy duty spackle under my eyes.
                              Nighty Night Sleepy Heads....
                              :l's and:lipstick:'s
                              a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello ducklings!

Quickly ducking in here to say good night to you all! Thank you for the well wishes - maybe they helped... will let you know in a day or two Things with my son are looking up a bit and I'm not quite so frazzled anymore.

On the other hand I had a phone call from my dad today - my mom is in the hospital again and not stable enough to have the surgery she needs.. etc etc etc.. not good news and of course, there's an ocean between us - not like I can go and see for myself.

Breathe. Good advice

Sea.. I hope your fuel forage and your AA meeting went well today.
                                Dilly.. have visions of you chanting in the ladies room... very strange, to say the least!
                                SD.. big hug. I'll have to scroll back to see what's going on with you... but anything to do with divorce is so not fun. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt and am not ever doing it again.
                                Lilmea... I hope your day of chores went well and may all your check books balance!
                                Entitiy... welcome to the nest and I wish you strength and determination.
                                Within... Chocolate eating under your desk... LOL.... Hmmmm....
                                Renewal, darling.. how are you doing? Are you holding up ok with medical procedures and whatnot? Send me an email and let me know please, ok?

Ok, just about bed time.... I'll head out... be well, little birdies and night night!

:l

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X