Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!!! How is everyone doing today? I hope that today is a fantastic day for all of us. :l:l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

My grand Plan isn't So Grand

I am working on cutting back on the # of Beers I drink.
      I started Saturday did great. 3 instead of 10
      Sunday was good too.
      But last night I found myself back at 5+ beer.
      (a friend dropped over and I sort of forgot about my plan)
      I feel really ill today.
      (I am 50 and had night sweats due to menopause.)
      I woke up with a slight headache and generally feel down and disgusted with myself
      I guess I am just tired of this rut I am in.
      I really wish I had never relapsed back in December 2008.
      My daughters are worried that I can't get this under control.
      But,
      I still have hope.
      But as for making any True progress...
      I will try again today.:upset:
      I really want to get well again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Hippy chick and you to molly I need all your support

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks to Papmom3 and byrdlady and Mollyka for you words I would like to respond to you each but I don't know how to do that yet????? I would like to get to know you and share experances. I know that being here is a good fit for me as I feel confertable amoung all that are so nice and not judgemental
          Any one that want to respond to me please feel free just tell me how to respond back, I am not the brightest light boulb in the closet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Making a Plan and acting on it.

I am trying to put a plan together.
            I am also hesitant to talk to my doctor but I also think it might be my only hope.
            Then it will make it "Real"
            I dread disappointing him.
            In 1995 I went CT
            Stayed Sober till 2008.
            Starting with a beer or glass or two of wine...
            But for the past 6 months I feel my Control is slipping away.
            I drink everyday
            Beer.
            I am currently trying to taper off
            to curb withdrawls but I need a more concrete plan.
            I find MWO is a great place but there is SOOOOO Much info I get overwhelmed.
            I just can't afford to buy all the supps and Cd's right now.
            We have a big family and only one income.
            I keep drinking to stave off withdrawls.
            What a trap this is.
            I am hoping to find a path that makes sense.
            :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evenin' All!
              Not long in from work and have sore feet! Nice to see so many around - the thread has come back to life!!
              Admom, not sure what I think about tapering - I know it wouldn't work for me. Talking to the Doc is a great idea - it's a sort of point of no return, AND he can prescribe some stuff to help with w/d's so you don't need to taper. It was the best thing I ever did. Don't over confuse the issue in your head - you seem to have so much going on. The bottom line is, you want to stop drinking so do everything you need to do to stop drinking - everything else will fall into place when you are sober.
              Bizman, how are you today? What part of the world are you in?
              Hi Hips, Nora, Paps, Coco, Mazzie, Byrdlady, Ozboy and Rebirth and everyone else to come - oh Hips let us know how you get on with the Doc.
              Will check in again before bedtime
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Biz...at the top right hand corner of the screen you will see a blue private message link
                click on that and it will take you to where you pm people.....
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just spent an hour reading

Thanks Mollyka
                  I have decided to talk to my doctor and get his help.
                  I also went to smart Recovery and did some of the exercises.
                  Very helpful.
                  I thank you for the thoughts on tapering.
                  I realize it is not ideal but till I see my doc I think it is best.
                  I am working on a plan and I agree that I know what I have to do.
                  Get AF
                  (I just want to do it safely)
                  As I am on medications and in menopause just stopping I don't think is a good idea.
                  :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

No, you are dead right Admom, you do what you are comfortable with and I'm delighted you are going to go to your doctor, and yes of course 'cold turkey' isn't a great idea if you are on meds - so way to go girl!!
                    Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just am so happy that I finally looked in the mirror...
                      And said
                      "My friend, you have a problem"
                      Thanks for caring!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here, I'm here. God, you people are FANTASTIC. I'm struggling. I want to drink...this is what my mind is saying today. IT SUCKS!! I feel so freakin' conflicted! I want water but I'm so pissed that I can't just have a glass a wine and be okay!!
                        I'm at work and don't want the tears to flow, so will go for now. Hope all of you are doing wonderful!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done, admom7!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Admom: Newsflash

I am 50, on meds, and I am menopausal...I drank like a fish...10 hours a day on weekends...6 hours on weeknights. As I told Biz, I made deals with the devil for 5 months and all I lost was 5 months. Dammit, I'm going to put my quit date on the bottom of my name and by GOSH I will not blow it. I am determined to be like Paps and Molly. No more deals, like you said, I looked at the mirror and was mortified at what I saw. Day 6 now, AF!!!! I feel great! Mentally, physically!! No more lies, no more stashes. I'm sick of it all!!! Sick to death. Let's face it, we're in the fight for our lives....WE CAN DO THIS IT IS A CHOICE, that's all.

P.S. How do I put my quit date under my name????
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Secret weapon

AClassic: Sometimes, you just have to tell your brian to shut the ____ up! I'm sorry, but I know the deals all too well. What will it hurt? It'd make me feel sooo much better. Who would know? Just one, two tops. Sound familiar?
                              Run out to your favorite drug store and buy a half dozen Charms Blow Pops!!! No, I'm not kidding. They keep your hands and mouth busy (and happy) and the craving passes. Your brain is doing such a sugar happy dance that you get thru it. This got me thru days 3 and 4 which were a b____ for me. Sorry to cuss, but this is the time. I got the pops and got thru. No, you can't have a drink, but look at everything else you CAN have?!! Find something to distract yourself and turn your brain to something else. I promise, if you can get to day 6, you will see light at the end of the tunnel. Take my hand, and trust me. L
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady, to put your quit date on click on your name on your last post then click on 'User cp' and the click 'edit signature' and then type in what you want and 'save'. You sound great - keep that thought of how different you feel and that's half the battle.
                                Classic, you are feeling deprived cos you can't drink - we all feel/felt like that and it's so important to recognize the reality of booze - to someone who has a prob with drink it only causes trouble, illness, sadness, the whole shebang. The positives to not drinking truly are fantastic, and like Byrdlady says they click in very quickly - a few days and you start feeling like a whole new person!
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X