Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

will it is 8:44 I will have my 2nd drink and go to bed hop all is well with my new friends

Comment

Newbies Nest

Classic, I used to feel deprived about not being able to have a drink. Someone daid to me just accept that the person you used to be is dead, now you are a nondrinker. I say to myself and other people "I'm not a drinker." I have been able to believe it.
      Tant
      AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning.

Bizman glad you still around. Keep at it and keep visiting us.... we're all in this together and believe me, we do understand.

Admom - you are worried about disappointing your doctor. What about disappointing yourself? YOU are the most important person. He/she is medically trained and should understand addictions. Go gentle on yourself, dont beat yourself up. Alcohol had done enough of that to you. You said it all really when you said it is a trap. That is the truth. It traps you in first with making you feel good, then it turns around and bites you in the bum, takes you to places that you shouldnt have to go. I know.... I have been there too. But I am over the other side now and you can be soon too. When you finally look in that mirror it is really scary. I used to have moments of clarity during a blackout when I would look at myself in the mirror and it was usually when my makeup was messed up, or I had vomit on my shirt, or under fluro lights that made me look 110 years old and think "Who the hell are you?" "Remember this moment" and I usually did remember unfortunately. Still took alot longer for me to stop. But it can be done. Have a word with Papmom about smart recovery, I think she is trying that out at present.

Byrdlady - I love your straight talking. Take no prisoners.....

Aclassicgirl - I think you have to get to that point where you are angry with alcohol and it helps you realise how AL can get right inside of you making you think things that simply are not true. It is a lie, everything it tells you. It tells you "just one wont hurt" but it does. It tells you " you need this to be able to talk to people" but you dont. It tells you "no-one will know" but they do. It tells you " you will be able to stop after one" but you cant.

Molly you are right. The thread has come back to life. i was concerned it was heading for a slow death. We need to keep it going. I need to be able to give something back to everyone who needs it because i got so much help and support when I first got here in January. I remember so clearly my first time on MWO in the chat room, I spoke to KTAB for a while. I think he literally saved my life by talking to me that night. He offered the common sense and clarity that I so desperately needed. And the best thing I got that night was hope..... there was hope for me. I wasnt a lost cause which I thought I was after trying unsuccessfully for years to quit. So for all our newbies, please keep coming back here. There is hope for you too. Life may not be perfect now, but it is so much better than it was six months ago.

Take care everyone.
        Hippy
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Tant.
          Cross posted. That is a good idea saying that. Takes practise but can be done.
          Have a good one.
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, ducklings!

Sorry for being MIA for the most part... just lots of stuff going on and never enough time! Having my daughter and peanut here this week - I even volunteered for the grave yard shift last night (that'll learn me).. I'm SO POOPED! :H I'm starting to appreciate the fact that I can cuddle the little guy to my heart's content but really don't HAVE to do the sleep deprivation thing anymore! Granny-ism has its advantages! :H

Lots of stuff going on with the horses, as well, we've finally broken ground for the barn (not that we have the building permit yet *ahem*).

Ladies - I LIKE what I'm reading here! Much resolve and honesty. Bloody well done.
            Bizman - wishing you all the very best, strength and courage. The first few baby steps are the hardest but it can be done!

Still have a few things on the agenda here tonight... wishing you all a great evening!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

HC-you are so right!! This is the forum that I went to my very first day on MWO which was day one of this journey. I remember reading Lav's posts and thinking how wise and experienced in this she was and if she could do it I could too and how she always had bagels and DC ready for us in the morning. I met you and Molly and Meech and DG. Fennel (I miss you GF!!) cracked me up with her Dos Gatos truck and her wonderful sense of humor and Coconut, oh what can I say about Coco!! Mama Bear was alway here with a hug. I remember the butt velcro and seatbelts and velcro suits. It really wasn't all that long ago but it seems like eons. What I remember most is how welcome I felt and how comfortable everyone made me feel when I posted.
              Sooo, lets keep this going-we've got a whole new generation of Newbies who I hope will also become leaders on the MWO forums.
              Please keep coming here Admom, Classic and Biz and anyone else lurking out there. Post all you want and don't be afraid to ask for some velcro to keep you in the nest when the cravings get too strong. Remember-ride the Crave Wave-it will start out as a Tsunami but end up a ripple. I promise!!
              Fennel-get back here with the Dos Gatos truck!! I'm having withdrawals!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunny!! Cross post!! I didn't mean to leave you out in my walk down memory lane!! You were so influential to me as well and your siggy always cracks me up!! Thanks for the update on the peanut and i'm so glad you're enjoying grannyhood although you don't fit my idea of a granny!! Good luck with the barn-that's exciting stuff!! Hope the rest of the fur and human kids are doing well. Love the new pic!!
                :l
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great posts everyone today.

Hippy - Hope the Doctor's appointment went well. Been thinking about you a lot today and how it went.

Admom, I just confessed to my doctor for the first time today. It was scarey but I am so glad. I feel a little exposed for letting out my secret as I have kept it such a dark secret for so long. I still feel nervous about it all but the alternative could cost me my life. As much as I didn't want to tell anyone I knew I needed to get more help as I haven't beaten this AL Beast on my own. Been putting up a pretty good battle the last few months but haven't won the war so to speak.

Doctor's are there to help us in our quest for health. Let yours help you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all you nesters. I haven't posted for a while but I am still out here enjoying my new AF life! We went to a concert last night to see Kings of Leon at the Hollywood Bowl. I think it was the first time I have even been to a concert stone cold sober! But boy, everyone else was sucking them down and smoking a bit of the weed to boot! I didn't even miss it! prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prancy!! Missed you! Delighted you still doin good - Kings of Leon, Hollywood Bowl wow what a different world we all live in - sounds so exotic!! and yep I agree sober is so much better (secretly I feel a little superior, do you?) Hang around, we miss you and the site is great these days, some smashing 'serious about the booze, but good fun' newbies for you to meet!!
                      Sunshine - I agree - you don't really fit the bill as a Granny - far too glam! My Mum had an expression about grandch's she used to say "I love to see them come, and I love to see them go" - she adored them all but could cherry pick the time she could spend with them!!
                      Morning Paps, we are sort of on the same route aren't we!
                      Bizman - doing well, good stuff!
                      Classic, Admom, Byrdy - good morning to you all, Byrdy I pm'd you with amended instructions for your sig - hope it works! Tant, yep I also describe myself now as a non-drinker, particularly to people I work with who never knew me socially (thankfully!!), however one girl I have started to work with has a mutual friend I have just discovered and I hope it doesn't get discussed yuck!
                      Hipster, I always sort of prided myself on looking younger than I am until this elderly man came in to where I work about a year ago and we were discussing something that happened a long time ago and he said he didn't think I could remember it cos I only looked about 50! I was 51 at the time and I was horrified! I look back on my fat bloated ugly mush in photos when I was drinking and actually I looked about 70!
                      Hope I haven't left anyone out. Am off this morn so will check in later
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

I havnt posted in a while so I am just saying a friendly hello.
                        "hello"
                        will catch up on the post later. Hope evryone is okay. x
                        Be strong-
                        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning family...
                          mama's in the house
                          everyone sounds great
                          at work with BIG bosses to day so wont be around much
                          just wanted to send love to my virtual family.....
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey folks WHERE ARE YOU ALL NOW!!!!!? I go to work for a whole day and when I come back everyone has gone AWOL!
                            Had to go work with the mountainy men today, its only about 10 miles from where I live but you could be in the wildest wilderness in the world and they're all MAD! Anyway back to normal tomorrow.
                            Lets get this show back on the road!!
                            Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mollyka!! I did it!

Thank you so much for helping me get that in there. Now I must stick to my guns! You rock!
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ahh well done Byrdy!! yep love the Avatar! Seriously tho, I found the 'quit date' just another little tool in my armoury - with the exact date sitting there for everyone to see, there is no question of sort of having a sneaky little drink ( which of course would probably be a 'sneaky little bottle of vodka'!!) and that it can go unnoticed, I am somehow accountable with the date there! How are you today anyway? I'm headin to bed shortly
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X