Newbies Nest

nite Molls.....kisses
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Dropping in to say Hello
      Welcome to all the newbies - hope you are comfy in the nest.

Molly - good to see you on plan!
      How are you doing mama?

Hanging in for my second sober summer - love it!!!!
      Best wishes to all - keep fighting!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG Lav...we have missed you!!
        and I am great!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone.
          Just wanted to let you know that I didnt get committed yesterday with my trip to the doctors. She was in fact extremely pleased and surprised that I had been able to give up the booze. (I told her about my on-line cheer squad and she thought was a brilliant idea). I have a script for drugs, yay, good ones though this time. At another appointment in three weeks we are going to discuss a "mental health plan"..... sounds ominus doesnt it. I think it is basically a system where the government (us tax payers!) pay for me to go to therapy.
          I feel a great relief..... like I am finally on my way to complete health. Not just lack of hangovers, but mental AND physical health.
          Gotta run cause I am due at work in ten minutes. So will come back later and read all your posts.
          Have a good one.
          Hip
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Hipster, great to hear the doc visit went well! I am on the anti-depressents 3 weeks now and I definitely notice a big difference - much more content and sleeping like a log! hopefully your drugs will work as well whatever they are. I reckon I could still do with a 'mental health plan' tho - don't think we have anything like that in Ireland reckon it's just therapy out of our own pocket!! Well done you got sorted!!
            LAV, great to hear from you - you (and Tranq) are sorely missed - we nearly disbanded I reckon without your monitoring - think we're back on track tho - please pop in the odd time! 2nd sober summer - brillo!
            Morning Mama and all you other dossers out there (except the Americans, I know you are all in bed!!) lets be hearing from you!!!!
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone

Sooooo goooood to hear from you Lav. Have really missed you on this thread and have lost 'sight' of you somewhat I will always be grateful for your welcome and encouragement when I first came on here. I have pictured your avatar outside the bottle shop and I know that if I went in there you would definitely not be winking at me when I came out!!!! Just another little tool to help me along the journey.

Sounds like you have a plan Hip. Good on you for starting this with your Doc. I really love what you said about heading toward complete mental and physical health and not just lack of hangovers. No longer drinking is just the start of a wonderful journey, painful and scary at times but overall and in the long run our lives will be so much better for ourselves and everyone around us.

Molly I always love seeing smiley. Thanks for your posts. So pleased the meds are working for you. You are doing really well.

I have just passed the 7 week mark and am stupidly having a struggle. I got to this point last year then had just 1 drink which i didn't really want and it has taken me this year so far to get back here. I'll have to be really careful this weekend.

Hello Mama, Byrdlady, Rebirth and everyone else in our nest and all lurkers - have a good night/day and stay strong.
              Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey HC-sounds like your Doc is really something!! Wish I had one like her!! Good luck with the mental health plan. We have plans for being AF, plans for being physcially fit-why not a plan for beng mentally fit?? You go girl!!

Mazz-I'm at the 10 week mark and it's been really tough this week. Mostly because I'm on vacation and it's been too hot to do anything so I'm really bored. We can both pull through this because it really is sthe best thing for us to be AF. I'll picture Lav's avatar too. Great idea!!

Zooming off to a walk with the pups while it's still cool out this morning. Heat reaturns tomorrow. Yech.

Hi Molls, Classic, Admom, Biz, Mama and everyone else!!

Have a great one!
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 8 today and wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Had a wierd day yesterday. I felt disconnected, and not really with it. But I made it through AF and feeling better today.

Have a GREAT DAY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Family
                    Mama drank last night and is very upset with herself. I had a very long, stressful day at work and just decided WTF...now my husband is mad at me and I am mad at me....
                    the bac is working...cravings are less....but I have to get the brain in gear too
                    sooooo...that being said...onward and upward
                    I am so please with everyone's successes...now for some butt velcro to strap myself in
                    hipster...the doctor's visit sounds awesome...i have no health insurance right now, but would LOVE some therapy......so you all can my doctor...ok??
                    love you all..off to pout some more
                    Mama

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys - Still here but crazy wicked busy at work these days and no time for leisurely reading and posting.

Hugs to all; I hope to be able to be around more after the summer. For now I'll have to content myself with random appearances to gather snippets and briefly show my penguinny face!
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mama-I totally know where you are coming from. The WTF attitude will get you everytime. How have I kept from buying that bottle and taking that first drink when I get those feelings? Well, I hear my GI doctor's words when he asked why I was drinking 5-6 glasses of wine a nite. I told him it was to relax. He said and I quote: "Pam, you need to find some other ways to relax. This AL is going to kill you and your GRD will never go away if you keep drinking."

So Mama, here is the tough love bit (because I've watched you come back here time after time with your tail between your legs after a "stressful" day that led you to drink): "Mama, you need to find some other way to deal with stress. The AL is going to kill you."

You seem to take the easy way out every time. The stress doesn't cause you to drink. You make that choice. Please put a plan in place that includes other things to do when feeling stressed besides taking that first drink. I promise the craving will subside if you just give it a chance. We all love you here and want you around for a long time as I'm sure your hubby and family do too.

If I'm out of line, please forgive me.

:h :l
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

you are not out of line Pap...you are right...and now I am crying.....I do take the easy easy way out, dont I?
                          gotta admit that stung a little, but probably just what I needed to hear
                          bye

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm tellin ya!

Charms Blo Pops!!! They are working for me. I know at Sam's you can get a huge bag of the small ones, wish I could find those somewhere else, as I'm not a member. But I'm getting the big horse ones and they get me thru a craving like nobody's business. I'm as happy as a pig in mud. ANYTHING to push thru a craving....
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jeez Byrdlady, are you speaking my language? What the hell charms blo pops and Sams and big horse ones????? Must be americanese???!!! HaHa! Anyway whatever it is I'm delighted its working!!

Paps, next time you feel like buyin a bottle go and paddle in your lovely pond!!!
                              Good to hear from you Coco, try and get around more often.
                              Skys, that disconnected feeling is quite common - just the brain trying to work without its usual fuel - I also found for the first few weeks I used to say words in sentences in the wrong order!!
                              MAMA! I reckon you need to take up knitting or something?
                              Going to watch rubbish tv now for an hour, will check in later - where are the rest of our newbies?
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Translation for Mollyka

A Charm's Blo pop is a sucker on a stick with bubblegum in the middle. They make small sizes (about as round as a cherry tomato) and they make the large (the size of a horse, so to speak) that are about the size of a small roma tomato. They are sugary sweet and delicious. Toostie pops are similar, that's a sucker on a stick with a tootsie roll (chocolate roll) inside. Both tasty as can be! Hope that helps.
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X