Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

That was a great help Byrdy, now I am a blo pop expert!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, Techie! Those are my babies!

Well, I wish you'd look at that...Techie has photos of my little Charmers....Thank you!
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why did we EVER drink when we could have had Byrdys babies - thanks Techie you have made me very very happy!!!!
          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lHi Mama, the WTF feeling and complacency are my main triggers and is what I'm working on right now, and ironically they are almost opposite emotions. Just keep going in the right direction - these emotions are like layers of onion we have to peel away ( and chuck OUT )
            Hugs.
            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think the supermarkets and BJ's better watch out-there's going to be a run on blow pops this weekend!!! Thanks Byrdlady for the tip!!

Mama-I'm so sorry I made you cry but I just want you to be happy and I know that everytime you drink you aren't. I wish I could give you a huge hug right now but I guess you'll have to settle for a cyber one ((( ))).

I'm watching Dr. Oz right now and he's talking about osteoporosis. Women who drink, smoke and are depressed are much more at risk for this disease. Sooooo, if the other ramification of drinking to excess aren't enough for us, how about the chance of getting the big O?? And I'm not talking about the other big O :H (sorry Techie!!)!!

Fishies are happily (I hope) in their new pond. Sure hope I count 8 tomorrow morning!! And Molls-even tho I can't actually paddle in the pond, I can go out and meditate by it when the cravings strike. Great idea!!
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night Paps, just caught your post before I hit the sack. What sort of fish have you in the pond? Hubs won't put fish in cos he says the birds ( what birds??) will eat them - I think we have frogs tho
                I have to consciously not watch any of those sort of medical programmes cos I am an out and out hypochondriac - when Cheryl Cole got malaria a couple of weeks ago I had it too, well I had every symptom anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
                Night night all
                Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Hippy so glad your appointment went well and a mental plan sounds like the start of a great journey to what you want! :h

Mama - Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I'm sending you hugs and strength right now. No more WTF. Rest your sober head on the pillow tonight and wake up tomorrow morning with NO regrets and energy! :l

Pap - You don't have cats do you? I figure not or they will be really happy about the fish too. :H

Had my son's 7th birthday party today. I need a nap. I tonne of boys 6-9 years of age. Wow the energy was off the charts. They had a blast and everyone was happy. I did manage to feed them lots of fruit and veggies while they were all starving and before they even saw the chips and cupcakes so I'm sure that helped keep them sane!

Heading to the lake this afternoon as it is HOT HOT HOT. Lots of hydration for me as my next triathlon is 3 sleeps away and I can't even think about AL screwing up my system.

Have a good sober Thursday maybe even Friday for some of you!

Love the Blo Pops! Cute addition with the pic Techie!

Meechie

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks for the hugs guys!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am inspired..... day one... no alcohol.... I feel like I have a place to go for support and guidance and information. Thank you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good job waterbuug!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

I can see that I'm going to hafta go get some blow pops to see me through this weekend. Can ya get em in Australia?

I lost two weeks there for a while - I'm actually at 9 weeks al free not 7 as I posted yesterday I think. Yay. So why am I feeling like I'm having such a struggle? No way do I want to go back to Day 1 again. Just going to have to ride it through, read on here heaps and think of you all. Sometimes even just one little thing someone says really helps. So thank you all.

Hang in there Mama - get your plan sorted or re-sorted if its not working. I do think its it so worth it to be sober and eventually I'm hoping we won't even be thinking about it every day or any day. That'll be a relief.

Meech, good to see you. So impressed you are in a triathalon. You go girl

Definitely so many good reasons not to drink PapM. I keep telling myself al is not in my life anymore.

Molly Hip Nora Rebirth Jessie Byrd Techie and everyone else - have a good day/night.
                          Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama B

Boy can I identify with you. But I remember when you first came on...you were a mess and so was I! I told my Hubby a couple weeks ago..I'm not where I want to be, but I am one heck of a lot better than where I was, and that, MB, is the gospel truth. Some days my resolve is rock solid and then there are days like today.....it's hard, but it's not like it was back in February. We ARE making significant progress and the folks on this site are helping so much. Can you imagine not having them?? Keep plugging away, we'll get there. We'll be like the others with months and weeks under their belts. I am very jealous of them. You are in my thoughts, t
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Waterbug! Keep visiting and posting and reading, newbies are what this thread is all about - we all muddle along, somedays easier than others:welcome:

Mazzie, imagine loosing 2 weeks!! As you say, it is just a matter of 'urge surfing', the feelings do go, just accept them for what they are and KNOW that they WILL go!
                              Goodnight again to all, Mama - you need a plan!
                              See you all tomorrow
                              Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks byrd....I have made HUGE progress as far as I cannot even imagine putting away a 12 pack again....and I used to do it every night.......
                                we will get there....won;t we????
                                Thanks for the support and kind words

Comment

Working...
                                X