Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Molly, just been fairly busy I think so not counting days or weeks so much until I looked back this morning.

Byrd and Mama - keep going and you'll do it. We are all getting there in our different ways and time frames.

Welcome Waterbug - do stick around and let us get to know you a bit.

I have today off so can spend some time on here. Should be doing the housework :H
    Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks mazzie......i plan on doing it..thats my plan....sometimes I sabotage myself.....
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Molls-I call my fish "accidental" fishies. Last summer I went and got some oxygenator plants from another freecycler and a few weeks later I saw some things swimming around. I was all excited as I thought they were tadpoles. But no, they turned out to be small fish. No idea what kind but almost all are orange at this point. In October I wanted to empty my pond and put it to bed for the winter but I just couldn't kill the fish. I had really enjoyed watching them all summer. I put out a cry for help on Freecycle and ended up with 2 tanks, pumps, filters, a stand and some accessories. All I had to buy was more filters and some rocks for the bottom and of course food. My cats and I (yes Meech I have 2 kitties but they are strictly indoors) have really enjoyed watching them the past 9 months but I bought my new pond with them in mind. The living room seems so empty now. :upset: I wonder if the kitties will miss them.

MB- I do want to recognise the progress you have made since I joined MWO. Not drinking a 12 pack every nite is absolutely HUGE and you should be very proud. I know you will get to where you want to be with some hard work and faith. And of course our support.

:welcome: Waterbug!! Hope you stick around. We are a fun bunch but deadly serious about kicking this addiction. Visit the Toolbox to get some great ideas on making your plan which is key. Don't be afraid to ask questions-we've all been where you are and understand what you are going through. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html.

Gotta go-Burn Notice is on!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

waterbug;912245 wrote: I am inspired..... day one... no alcohol.... I feel like I have a place to go for support and guidance and information. Thank you!
          I'm right there with you, Water Bug! Day 1.
          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night #1....

Super crabby and tired!!! Going to bed before I say something that I shouldn't!!!

I've done this once before...why is it so hard this time???

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all and a big welcome to you Debb!
              Interesting how you say you have done it before and it is harder this time. I don't know if it is a sort of 'medical' fact or anything but as someone who has also had several Day 1's I have definitely noticed it IS harder each time. I'm not sure if its a motivational thing or the fact that it's no longer a novelty having 1,2,3 days sober or if it is the actual booze being reintroduced to the system - I'm sure someone who knows heaps more than me will chip in? However Debbo once you get a couple of weeks done it is back 'game on' all the mo jo comes back and you'll feel great again.
              Mamab, I wonder is that why you find this so difficult because you never really let the alcohol completely clear from your system? Try getting the 30 days under your belt, it really really gets easier then - good luck!
              Morning Mazzie, Meech, blowthingybyrdy, Pride, bugs, Hipster - where are you girl? and my fellow traveller Paps!
              Going to work in a while so will check in this even!
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pam...running late for work but when I get a second I will tell you about my Dad's fish pond and the neighbor that kept poisoning the fish...
                Molly...you are right I am sure....shooting for that 30 day mark...
                ok..gotta run

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2

Strange morning ... I slept through the night, my head is clear, and I'm not wracked with guilt and self-recrimination. What could be the problem?
                  "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Newbies Nest

pride...uh, no hangover??? Nice isn't it!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Anyone?

Is there a point at which you don't think about it at all? Or is that too much to wish for?
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't know Byrdy-It's been since March for me and I still think about it but I also think and relive the sleepless nites, the headaches, upset tummy, heartburn, puffy face, foggy brain, extreme fatigue, pigging out on junk food...... that pretty much turns me off from buying the bottle of Pinot G. I would dearly love to have the same attitude about not drinking as I do about not smoking (I quit over 30 years ago and never looked back): don't think about it and when I do it isn't a desire it's a "how could i ever have done that to my lungs?".

I will say this, it does get easier to go without and to ride the crave wave. I have my tools in place and I use them whenever I need them.

One thing I did right away was to copy and paste a wonderful meditation that another member had in her toolbox. I put it in a beautiful butterfly border on MS Word, printed it out and framed it. It sat on my nitestand and I read it every nite before bed and when I got up in the morning. I still have it and read it when I need to.

Hey Molls-hope you're having a good day at work.

MB-do want to hear about the fish pond, not sure I want to hear about the poisoning!! Couldn't find my fish this morning-sure they are hiding under all the plants.

Good luck everyone!! Have a great day!! :l
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone! Still slammed at work, but checking in quickly.
                          I am arming myself for a full-out assault, to commence next week.
                          I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Coco
                          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.....I've been lurking. Congrats everyone. Glad to hear that you all are doing well. I hope to be able to be joining you soon. :l
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2. More anxious as the day goes on. Coming up on 3 pm here. Dinner has always been pop-the-cork-and-let's-get-this-party-started time. My fiance got back from a business trip late last night, and he'll want a glass of wine (he has 1 or 2 compared to my constant refill + the beers I drank before he got home).

I'm not ready to tell him what I'm trying to do here. I'm afraid he'll "help" in a way that will make it harder, that he'll be supervigilant and "just do it this way!" and it will add stress. He means well, but he's ham-fisted about it. I don't want to be "watched," I want to be able to do this alone (and here) for a time.

Maybe I'm afraid if I tell him, then the cat's out of the bag, and I'll never be able to drink again, like "a normal person," and that's what' scaring me. Also, there's the shame of saying, "You know what, honey? You know how you thought I drank too much? I actually have been drinking twice as much as that, every day, for years."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nora, are you ok? Let us know?
                                Byrdy, Paps pretty much said it as it is. My longest AF stint was 4 months and yes it got easier and easier, but being honest, in that time period the longings didn't go away completely. Lots of 'olbies' here with years to their credit can fill you in from their perspective. But the sometimes overwhelming, nearly sad feelings of deprivation were gone, replaced honestly by the lovely life that was lost thro a haze of booze for so many wasted years!
                                MB good luck with the 30 days - you'll feel great!
                                Coco, get your ass back here!!
                                Hi Pride, how are you doing today?
                                Talk later
                                Molly
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X