Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

So when I said that the only sure way of not repeating the mistakes (like we read about on the thread "Things I hate ...about drinking" would be just not to drink at all. This weekend seems like a great time to start-but some support is always nice

Comment

Newbies Nest

We all need support Expat and you have come to the right place.

Well said Pride. It took me a long time to stop imagining having a drink at new year, birthdays etc. But eventually you do realise that you are only talking yourself into having a drink.
      So if you can talk yourself into having one, you can talk yourself out
      of it too. Doesnt happen overnight.... but it does happen.
      I finally got it!
      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

oops! We are all posting at the same time and things are overlapping. But that is ok-thank you so much for posting. I will be checking in from time to time today. Feeling better already so going for a walk with the dog. I'll be back later to check-in.:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Enjoy your walk. And please do come back to us. We understand because we have all been there too.
          Take care
          HC
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey again Exp, Pride an Hippy,
            Sometimes the simplest things are the easiest. I have indoctrinated myself with the fact that probably for everyone on this site - and certainly for me it's NOT going to be 'A' glass of champagne on New years eve. Its going to be a bottle, then maybe a bottle of wine, then maybe a bottle of whatever I can find, then maybe getting stupid, fall asleep in company, argumentative, etc etc and then waking up the next morning 'what did I say, what did I do, where did I fall asleep, who was there when I conked out and then greet a whole new year with a hangover from hell.
            Yep, that's my 'glass of champagne' NO THANKS!!
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm with ya there Molly. No thanks.
              I finally got it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Molly and Hip. Long time no chat. Another weekend of sobriety and I am loving it. Carpet cleaning tonight with my partner. Lol. I live the life eh! x
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi and happy weekend. Yes, That one glass of wine can easily become a bottle. And the strange thing is you are never sure when that will be---but will probably happen sooner or later. So, it seems like AF is the safest way to go. I guess moderate drinking is like Russian Roulette for some of us. I never get agressive when I drink-I'm more the emotional, crying, calling people late at night...so embarassing the next day. I'd like to say it won't happen again, but deep down I know if I continue drinking it most certainly will! Drinking does not help the panic attacks either... So I know all this-now I just have to do it. And hello Rebirth! I've read your posts before too! Happy cleaning! I'm keeping busy too. Positive energy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters - welcome to everyone that I haven't met yet. :welcome: Glad to see the nest is so busy.

Molly - thanks for asking about me. I'm just really floundering now. I'm seeing the Doctor and have changed anti-depressants. Tried hormones but they made me feel bad and actually the Dr. didn't want me to take them anyway but I was desperate. I went to the Dr. again yesterday & she increased the anti-depressant and I'm going to try a natural hormone. I am going see a therapist next Saturday (first time for me and I'm very nervous about it). And during all of this I am trying not to drink but I still will drink and I'm mad at myself and blah, blah, blah. I am not myself at all. I cry for no reason. I am just sad and depressed. I got upset at work the other day over something that normally I just would have been mad about & let it roll off my shoulders. I started crying so hard that I had to leave work for about half an hour until I got myself back together. :upset: Anyway, I have not given up on MWO. I am just here lurking mainly while I get myself pulled back together. But, I will be back soon. :l
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Nora, you poor thing!! You sound so down in the dumps. I'm glad you are seeing your doc, I hope she is being sympathetic. You sound exactly like I was 3 weeks ago when I went on holidays - I couldn't stop crying, didn't matter where I was, what I was doing, the tears just poured down my face for a week. In my case I don't doubt it is depression, I am 3 weeks on the AD's now and I definitely notice a difference in myself - may be placebo effect, I don't care, once I feel better. Hopefully the new dosage will kick in soon for you.
                      I know its prob not what you want to hear, but the drinking really won't help - not being dramatic but I know when I was on holiday if I had been drinking as well - well actually I don't know what would have happened, but I know I wouldn't have coped. Also Nora the AD's won't work with alcohol I gather they sort of cancel eachother out. Try going without for a few days and see how you feel?
                      I'm really thinking of you cos I can identify exactly with how you are feeling, I'm sure lots of other folks here do too, so even if its just to have a mope and a cry come here if you can at all - we do care. I don't often do little faces but here's a hug for you:l:l:l:l
                      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Rebirth, missed you there! How are you doing girl? I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than clean a carpet - fair dues to you!! Have a lovely time haha!!
                        Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Felt like crap all day yesterday....it is a vicious cycle, isn't it?? One I really do HATE! Looking forward to making progress! I appreciate being able to come here. I really, really, really do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh nora...I am so sorry for the pain you are in.....when i was drinking really heavy my crying jags were long and strong......as i reduced my alcohol intake, change anti depressants and starting taking klonopin for anxiety...i feel so much better ....and dont cry that much anymore.....
                            you might want to ask your doc for something for anxiety as well as depression....and Molly is right....drinking makes it all worse....I SO understand wanting to numb your pain.....be we just cant do that here, can we??
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Classic, sorry you felt so bad yesterday, it really does get easier each day! Take care of yourself and keep coming here.
                              Evening Mama!
                              Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday, nestlings!

So good to see then nest busy and buzzing as always
                                Nora - hugs.. hope you are feeling better soon and get your dosage sorted out to where it really helps you.

I'm just gonna shout out a quick :hallo: to EVERYONE.. I'm about to embark on a nanna nap (totally legitimate, now) - it feels like Sunday today!

Be good, ducklings!
                                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X