Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Coming around to tuck you all in my little ones.....hope your day was a wonderful one. We all go through challenges of all different types, but isn't it nice to come home to a wonderful home (nest) where we know we are supported and loved. On that note, I bid you all a good night and sweet dreams.
    Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sweet dreams Renewal.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning tweeps,

I've started the coffee so grab a cup to get your day going.

Dill-What kind of muffins do we have this morning? I hope you didn't forget SD's donut.

Enitity-Welcome back. Have you read the toolbox thread? It's in the monthly abstinence section. That really helped me when I was starting out. What is your plan? AF or Modding?

Within-Here's a little bag of chocolate. Just don't breath deep with a mouth full of candy while meditating in the bathroom stall! :H

SD-I hope your day goes well. sending you a hug as well :huggy:

SS-Where do your parents live? It's hard when your start aging and live far away. I went through that with my mother before I moved back to In.

Sea-Hi! I know you'll be here later. :wavin:

I'm having a bad time right now with my back. Haven't slept very well for several nights. Pain pills are out of the question. But I'll do a few stretching exercises and take a hot shower and hopefully that will help some. Well enough whining for today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

SS- I met when your parents start aging and live far away. Sorry! LOL!
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lilmea
            How do you remember everyone and what they have said? Damn, I must have smoked too much pot in my day.lol.
            Got my hot coffee. Thank you. I think I could go for a bagel today.
            I am sorry that your back is bothering you Lil. That sucks. I have some back problems myself after picking up toys with 3 kids and being a Nurse for 15 years.
            Hope things are working out for you Sunni butt.
            Hi SD, Dill, PR, and all other nestlings. I just can't remember everyone this early in the morning. My AA meeting was very good last night. The speaker got a 13 year medallion. I will go to another meeting tonight. Other than that, not much going on. I must prepare for my interview on Monday. I am so nervous. Any interviewing tips welcome. I will check in again later. Have a great day all.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! You all sound so good and positive! It's a great way to start the day. I already wrote this post once and it disappeared when I clicked the submit button, so this is take 2! I managed to address everyone individually in the last post, but now I'm out of time! Please have a good day all!

The weather here is supposed to be up in the 40's and no rain! Looks like a good day to get out and take a walk! That's my plan for after work today. Later!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning chickies....

Off to a big meeting......It should be ok...I will excuse myself midway to go do yoga in the ladies room. Should work out just fine!!!

Have a good day.....Thanks for positivity and humor....I am most grateful!!!!!!

all the best to all the nest.......
                -withy
                a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping into the nest to say hi - sunshine sorry, it sounds like you have been having a bit of a rough time. I hope you are keeping your chin up.

Love and hugs,
                  Uni
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
                    You all made my day today!!!!! :hug:
                    I'm seriously like in tears here...thanks everyone---you remembered my donut!!!
                    But seriously..just all your well wishes were great to read this morning...I just hope I don't forget anyone now!!!
                    PR--Thanks for always continuing to be a positive support to this group
                    Within-I wanted to thank you so much for your wonderful words "to think about" in regards to my ex husband...I think it's really hard with him because we always worked so well together as 'best friends'..not to mention we both are in the education field so we have so much in common...it's just hard...just a lot of 'what ifs..could ofs, should ofs' tend to run through my mind. But thank you...I often lead with my heart...forgetting about my brain.
                    Lil-thanks for keeping Dill in check with my donut and for the hug...back atcha!! I haven't forgot about your 7day challenge!! I'm going to get 2 days under by belt and get back to you....something I don't think has ever been done b4!!
                    Sea--got your bagel--sorry no interveiw tips...I can't believe I've ever gotten a job...I get nervous and either start laughing, cracking jokes or never stop talking!!!
                    Good Morning to Diil and Universal and to anyone else I missed...I'm so sorry.....
                    To sunshine...when it rains, it pours....but remember, He never gives you more than you can handle. We all know how strong you are...you have strong support system here....LEAN ON US!!!!!!!!!! BUG HUG!!! Hang in there!!
                    I REALLY need to get to work....I will check back later...good morning to all to come and to anyone I missed (unintentional!!)
                    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                    7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

That's why we're here SD......our little family is....just that...may this day bring all of you the outcomes you desire...................PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here ... the nest seems like a good place to start.
                        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome

Hello there and welcome Bouchard...'no better place to start than the nest'...tell us a bit about yourself, and again, we are happy to welcome you into our family.
                          Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

When my 17 yr old got pg in high school I started to have a nightly glad of wine. Nine years later I've cut back from 1-2 bottles of wine nightly to nothing last night. I'm doing the L-Glut & Kudzu which I had from a previous time here. My husband is on board and trying to go AF himself so that is encouraging. I broke down and told my sister (my bestest friend) that I was drinking too much and didn't think I could stop. We cried and cried. She asked my dh to please help me cut back on my drinking and while I've asked him a zillion times ... her asking made a great impression. I really want to do this ... I'm told I'm strong and that I can but I don't feel so strong ... Wondering how long before a person feels better too as the was I feel today is pretty much a "hangover" even though I've not had a drink since Monday at 5 pm and today is 10 am Wed.
                            Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                            Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                            10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                            2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                            Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                            AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                            Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Bouchard, :welcome:

The first 2 or 3 days where uncomfortable for me but I came to the boards and posted and these wonderful people told me I could do it and hang on and it will get better. And guess what-it did. So hang in there it really will get better.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, Did the yoga in the bathroom stall work out for you? I'm thinking chocolates eaten while hiding under the desk is a better plan! Breathe.

Welcome bouchard!

The nest seems like it's been pretty active while I've been away at work. I love coming home to all this positivity! Thanks my feathered friends!

I'm off to buy a new laptop. My old one crashed and I can't function without one!!! I'll check in with you later.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X