Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sorry, just now reading back a little...

mollyka;912163 wrote: That was a great help Byrdy, now I am a blo pop expert!
    Molly
    Sounds kinky! :H
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey classic...we need to remember how bad we feel hungover and hang on to that....many here refer to it as playing the movie all the way to the end.......visualize that nice glass of wine and the warm happy buzz, then the fact that you will drink too much of it, you will start stumbling and slurring your words, probably make an ass of yourself, fall into bed, angering those you love, and waking up feeling like crap and full of self loathing....
      hardly worth it is it?
      I know this is easier said than done...believe me I know...but I am trying to practice this as part of my plan to get to 30 days AF...
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

To Molly & Mama and everyone else.......believe me - I did not take offense at all. I NEED TO NOT DRINK. PERIOD. I will go for days without it. But, the fact is that I need to stop for a while or forever and get over this depression. I need to deal with what is going on in my life and alcohol cannot be part of that. I appreciate the support. I have not given up on myself yet. Thank you all.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Nora. I am so sorry you feel so bad. I didnt realise you were suffering so much. Please, please, please give it a good go at stopping drinking. The strength you will feel from doing that will boost you along so much. I can totally relate to those horrible feelings of depression and panic attacks. The depression for me this time round was different because in previous times I have been depressed I drank to try to overcome it. But as this time I wasnt drinking, I had to feel the full force of it. But being sober makes you so much more rational and understanding of what's going on for you. Please try and stay sober even if it is just until your therapist meeting next week. The right medication is out there, it is just a matter of finding which one and what dose. I wish you all the best and please come and visit us more often. We really do understand and want to share your pain.

Hi Rebirth. Hope your exciting carpet cleaning exercise went well......:H

Aclassicgirl - mama is right. Use that imagery in your head and it might just be the push you need to choose not to drink. And please visit us more often - we missed you the last few days.

Morning Molly. Love hearing the positiveness (is that a word?) in your voice/words. x

Mama - you too are sounding very logical and positive. Well done. Keep it up.

Sat and watched my beloved demolish 2/3 of a bottle of poison last night (vodka) while we watched the British Open (golf). Was quite interesting watching the full range of personalities that came out. A first he was funny, then very loving towards me (which was nice!), then he started to get silly, then annoying and aggressive (towards to the golfers). In the end I just went to bed hoping he would fall asleep on the lounge so I could get a decent nights sleep without him snoring and breathing AL fumes into the room. OH HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!!

Molly - you said a a couple of days or weeks ago about secretly feeling superior to people when they drink/get hangovers and you dont anymore. I can so totally relate to that feeling!!!:H

Have a good Sunday and I will check in again later.

Hip
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Hippy!! I am reading the My Way Out book now. Going to look into the supplements that I didn't try before. I think you mentioned something that you really liked. I'm scared to death to go talk to this therapist but.........what choice do I have. Drink myself to death or try to get some help. I am heading to a very bad place. So, I am choosing help. Thanks for being here to hold me up. I'll keep you posted.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I tried all the supps and together I think they certainly did help. The l-glut was amazing to stop sugar cravings. I use it now if I am pigging out too much on sugar. I am taking evening primrose oil, the Allone and calm forte still but none of the others.
              Good lcuk and please do keep us posted. xx
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin Nora, Hipster, Mama, Sunni, Classic an all to come!
                Nora, I'm delighted you are going to a therapist - sometimes just having someone who understands to talk to can work wonders, and like Hips says, the medication is out there that will lift your depression, just keep trying! Thinking of you and hang around here please, we miss you!
                Haha Hips, us 'superior' non-drinkers huh! My hubs goes thro all those stages when drinking too. The last night he had a few I made some little remark about needing to get fit and he kept saying 'YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL - DO YOU HEAR ME - YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL' ffs! nice the first time you hear it ( and honestly how beautiful can any 53 yr old be!) he went on and on and on til like you I went to bed and he slept downstairs til he froze at 3AM - yep, I may not be beautiful but deffo superior:H:H:H
                Sunni, don't tell me you're not a blopop expert? Hows the granbabby?
                Mama, delighted you going for the 30 days, you will feel so good, I can't describe how good any bit of prolonged soberness is!
                How you feeling today Classic?
                Hi to everyone to come - will check in later!
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning and happy beautiful Sunday to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I decided I had to change my "avatar" to something more positive for me. I do have a soft spot for E.T. but everytime I looked at his little photo next to my "name" it made me feel sorry for myself! And I want to have strong, move-forward thoughts-not poor little me ones. It's a fresh gorgeous day out there this morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good mornin Expat, and good idea too! Anything that makes us feel better - even little things, are good! Lovely day here in Ireland too - not hot but sunny and warm - feeling very lazy today tho, went back to bed and only woke up a few mins ago - half the day gone!
                      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just found this thread and came to say :hello: I'm 10 days AF and loving it!

TBx
                        Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.-John Dewey
                        AF Journey Began 9th July = 33 days Sober!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Talula!! 10 days - great stuff - just keeps getting easier from there - you've done the hard yards - hang around here - you'll make friends and have a place to come to in tricky times, we're all in the same boat!
                          Molly:welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hate to brag....(not really)

i only have a minute, but thanks to all here (as well as my Blow Pops) I went to a neighborhood party Friday night and did not drink anything but diet coke!!! Please note that this is the first party I have been to since HIGH SCHOOL (I"m 50) where i didn't drink. I had my story ready that I was trying the detox diet, no booze, caffeine, chocolate, blah, blah....but no one said a thing. I am soooo proud of myself! This is the longest sober stint I've had since high school! 12 big days! The real test is coming next week, I have a company conference where the booze flows like water. I will need every ounce of hootzspa we've got to get thru that. I just don't want to mess up my date below! Mollyka, a real tool that is, I had no idea! Can you imagine if I come back next week with day1??? i COULDN'T do that to the nest!! I have peeps to account to! Love you all, will check in later. (up to 3 pops a day now).
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdy, bloody well done - sober party?? 2 words that never went together did they! Its a hoot how we have our excuses ready not to have a drink and then noone gives a toss!!
                              Don't worry bout the company conference, keep coming here and we will gear you up with so much bloody ammunition not to drink you'll be afraid to haha!!!!
                              Keep doin the pops - seem to work!!
                              Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys
                                I'd like to join you here if I can. I've just finished day 3. I feel really happy and positive that I can keep going. I'm having insomnia probs though, only slept a couple of hours last night and looks like tonight will be the same. I know this is a problem in the early days so I'll just have to ride it out. Looking forward to a busy day 4. Have lined up loads of things to do. Things that really need to be done like cleaning the house! The self esteem I'm getting from catching up on all these things is really giving me a boost.
                                Well, I'll log in again tomorrow and look forward to getting to now you all better. There's a great bunch of people here. the support is awesome.Piggy

Comment

Working...
                                X