Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey folks - I'm here .... don't worry about me please. I'll be my chipper self again soon. I'm really happy to see how great the nest is doing. Fantastic. :goodjob:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tallula, nice offer, but NO thanks on the ironing.
      Hi Nora. I hope everything is ok with you....whatever is going on.
      Hi to everyone else and have a good Monday.
      prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad to see the nestlings up and about and sober!! congrats to everyone!!

MB-:goodjob:! I'm sure it wasn't easy but you are now well on your way to 30 days!! Yea!!!!

Ok mama nora-we'll try not to worry but in return please try to post every so often OK? Any news from Fennel?
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all! I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoying Monday morning (as far as that is possible!!)

I am armed and ready to do battle - really need to make a go of it this time!
          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'll also thankfully decline your gracious offer, Talula. Btw... iron? Is that that heavy thing way in the back of the linen closet? :H

Hello Nora, I do hope you are feeling more like yourself! And where IS Fennel???? Hello Prancy, Pap, Coco... good to see you're around!

Back to work for me... having a 'cuss all technology day' here *grummmble*
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, jeez you've all gone missin again!! HELLLLOOOOOOO? I am so bored, somebody, anybody? I'm gonna have to go to bed I'm so bored!
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Geez Molly - you must be bored if you're going to go to bed.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ahh Nora my life saver - yep I'm that bored. I'm so bored I'm boring myself!! Any craic at all Nora? Life gettin any easier? I'm thinkin of HippyC's thread bout hobbies and stuff, and I reckon I really need a good hobby - but it has to be somethin that fascinates me and nothin fascinates me at the moment!!
                  Anyway better stop moanin!
                  Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm trying to think of some on-line classes. Maybe something to do to keep my brain active??? We shall see.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Glad there were so many sober weekends out there. Congrats to all. I shall have many sober days ahead of me with training. Keep focussed. I have a sparkling tangerine lime AF drink which is a new refreshing highlight that will be a big part of my evening routine!

Sorry guys I LOVE MONDAYS because I often work on the weekends! But when I had a Monday to Friday job in the past I started getting the "work dreads" on Sunday evenings. Uggghhh.

Well most of you should be done your Monday by now. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did a computer course online a couple of years ago Nora - I had to go to a centre to do the exams but everything else was on the computer - I really really enjoyed it, wouldn't mind doing something like that again.
                        Meech, boring Monday over here in Ireland 11PM - well bed time!
                        Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, checking in for day 12 AF

Got a quick question for some of the senior members, I keep waking up with the most horrendous headaches does anyone know if this is normal? This morning is really bad, almost as bad as a hangover head but i know it's not that! i've been trying not to take any painkillers because it does clear after about an hour or so, just looking for some reassurance that this is part of the process :thanks:

Working later so have a great day everyone!

TBx
                          Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.-John Dewey
                          AF Journey Began 9th July = 33 days Sober!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Talula - Congrats on day 12 AF! :goodjob:
                            Sorry to hear about the headaches, in the 1st few weeks your body is in complete detox and will be withdrawing from its dependancy on AL so this is quite normal and should stop soon. You could also be dehydrated? It very important to drink lots of fluids during the course of the day to help flush out the toxins.

I dont know how much you were drinking but when I stopped I suffered from night sweats and sleeplessness as well as bad body odour from the toxins leaving my body! Wasnt nice being beside me in the gym :H But all this was over in a matter of weeks.
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Talula,

Go girl! Here's a list of withdrawal symptoms so you can erase "brain tumor" from the endless list of things to worry about. Many people have at least 1 or 2 of these.

Again, congratulations!

Pride
                              (AF, Day 6)

Withdrawal Symptoms:

Mild to moderate psychological symptoms

?Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
                              ?Feeling of shakiness
                              ?Anxiety
                              ?Irritability or easily excited
                              ?Emotional volatility, rapid emotional changes
                              ?Depression
                              ?Fatigue
                              ?Difficulty thinking clearly
                              ?Bad dreams

Mild to moderate physical symptoms

?Headache - general, pulsating
                              ?Sweating, especially the palms of the hands or the face
                              ?Nausea
                              ?Vomiting
                              ?Loss of appetite
                              ?Insomnia, sleeping difficulty
                              ?Paleness
                              ?Rapid heart rate (palpitations)
                              ?Eyes, pupils different size (enlarged, dilated pupils)
                              ?Skin, clammy
                              ?Abnormal movements
                              ?Tremor of the hands
                              ?Involuntary, abnormal movements of the eyelids
                              AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                              "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone, heading out to work shortly so just a quick hello. Talula, I am not an 'olbie' around here but I do identify with the headaches. I still get them a lot and actually have been a bit worried that they are still going on - when I go back for my checkup I intend asking the doc. I try not to take painkillers but invariably end up taking something.
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X