Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mornings -- Happy Tuesday!

Glad to be sober and clear-headed this morning.
    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chillgirl;915878 wrote: Talula - Congrats on day 12 AF! :goodjob:
      Sorry to hear about the headaches, in the 1st few weeks your body is in complete detox and will be withdrawing from its dependancy on AL so this is quite normal and should stop soon. You could also be dehydrated? It very important to drink lots of fluids during the course of the day to help flush out the toxins.
      Thanks good to know its normal! and i shall try to drink more water, i've been trying to avoid caffine and drinking lots of squash perhaps just pure water will help thanks again

TBx
      Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.-John Dewey
      AF Journey Began 9th July = 33 days Sober!

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning all..
        YAY coco!!'
        me too!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whhhhoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Pride thank you so much for this!!! I can relate to a lot of these especially the sweating, loss of appetite, paleness and of course as i've mentioned the headaches, the sweating and loss of appetite has improved greatly but i'm still pale looking but i think that's more to do with tiredness cos i keep waking up through the night, still haven't gone down the road of trying a sleeping aid, i'm going to give it another week and see how it goes, i'm getting stronger day by day. Thanks again to all who have offered answers, this is such a great place to be :happy:

Comment

Newbies Nest

TalulaBlue;916000 wrote: Whhhhoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Pride thank you so much for this!!! I can relate to a lot of these especially the sweating, loss of appetite, paleness and of course as i've mentioned the headaches, the sweating and loss of appetite has improved greatly but i'm still pale looking but i think that's more to do with tiredness cos i keep waking up through the night, still haven't gone down the road of trying a sleeping aid, i'm going to give it another week and see how it goes, i'm getting stronger day by day. Thanks again to all who have offered answers, this is such a great place to be :happy:
            Talula - Just so you can concentrate on the positive things too, waking up in the morning and seeing clear eyes looking back at you in the mirror! and bloating disapearing.....yipee!!
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' chicks and chickettes!

Well, make that afternoon... I do NOT know where the days go lately.. honest.

Talula.. yep.. headaches are common and very likely due to hydration. I never really had the sleep issues.. so can't say. Ick.. had the night sweats, though *shudder*

Coco and Mama.. awesome to hear! Molly, if you're that bored, dahhhlin' - how 'bout you come visit me and help me out! I could use an army of 10 or so here.. LOL

Nora, how are you doing, honey? And has ANYONE heard from Fennel???

K.. gotta get back to work.. some summer this is turning out to be. This is supposed to be my SLOW time.. time to play in the garden and with the horses :upset: However, I WILL make it to Ladie's night riding tonight.. come hell or high water! So there.

Oh.. and since I haven't posted any pics in a while... these are from last week:

- This is my 34 year old girl

Have a great afternoon, everyone! :hallo:
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

cool pics Sunshine!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fly by posting

Present and still with the program. Feeling GOOD!!!

Hey Mama!!
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a lovely lady for 34! Clearly, you're taking good care of her.

Have a strong and healthy day, everyone,

Pride (AF day 7)
                    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hallo: Lovely people!

Today is a new day. Bright and sunny and I overslept and am actively running behind. What else is new... :H

Thanks, Pride... yes, the old girl is doing alright now.. not so last Spring.. thought I was gong to lose her.

Did make it to our weekly riding date... what a LOVELY ride we had. Watching the sunset over Lake Huron from a clearing on a hill.. no bugs.. just beautiful. Very much the highlight of my day yesterday

Mama.. how are things with you? You sound good and strong, these days!
                      Coco... I thought penguins don't fly.. fast or otherwise?

To all others to come.. have a great Tuesday!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunnie-what gorgeous pics-of you AND the horses!! I bet you can't wait to get that barn up!! Hey I'm looking for a new job/career-can you put me and my 5 furkids up? I'll muck, feed, exercise, weed, plant- whatever you need done. I can even do basic nail hammering and cutting. Free riding lessons tho, OK??

Coco-good to see you!!

Talula, MB-you guys keep up the good work. It will get easier-I promise!!

hey there to everyone else that flies in today. Gotta get back to work!!
                        :l
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!!!!!

Love the pics Sunni!!!! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Hey - I called in sick today. And, I am lazing in bed and going to chill and take some ME time. And, know what else?!?!?!?!?!? TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!

I think that I actually might be coming out of my cloud of depression. Who would have thunk? :H:H Thanks for hanging in there with me gang. Ok - now where did I leave my velcro suit? I'm ready to get back to business.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all you nesters,

Nice horsey pics Sunshine.

Well here i am day 13 AF. My head was better this morning, still sore, but not as sore, probably something to do with the gallons of water i drank yesterday between numerous trips to the loooooo :H:H

Have a fantastic AF day/evening all

TBx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thats a gorgeous avatar tallula. Very eye catching. x
                              Be strong-
                              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone, dead tired this evenin, the weather here is pretty warm but very heavy and oppressive, Have a constant headache so am moaning nonstop!!
                                Nora, great to see you back, you sound more upbeat, hopefully the black cloud is lifting?!
                                Goin to moan a bit more to hubs, back again later
                                Molly
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X