Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:thanks: rebirth ......... I thought it was cute, i have a thing for turtles and tortoises
    Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.-John Dewey
    AF Journey Began 9th July = 33 days Sober!

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'd evening, nestlings

Phew... another hot one here but I'm not complaining. Could be way worse. Could be the middle of February

Busy day here - story of my life - my house is a mess and my motivation level has somewhat melted into oblivion. Good news on the barn... the building has its engineering stamp (for less than $1k instead of upwards of $4k) so hopefully we will have a building permit by next week. Lumber has now been ordered, so I imagine that things will really start happening in a week or two.

Other than that - nothing new. Out of left field came a fleeting thought today... and was banished to where it belongs. In the trash. Going to take a nice bath shortly and spend some time with Mr. Wonderful.

Talula, did you send your headache Molly's way? I hope you both are feeling better. Nora, you do sound better, and I think the mental health day was a fabulous idea!

Oh.. and btw.. it's WEDNESDAY today.. as the Army has been so kind to point out to me :H

That's it for me.. have a nice evening!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine, love your 34 year old friend. She is a dazzler. prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all. Hope all the headaches have cleared from everyone.

Nora glad to hear the cloud is lifting. x

Not much to report from southwest downunder. Still bloody cold and no rain!

Hope you are doing OK staying AF. Catchya tomorrow.

Hip
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did it! Week one!

Last night was date night, and I was DREADING it, actually understood what 'cold sweat' means, because we always have a few at the bar (after which we go home and my fiance goes to bed, and I sit out on the screen porch and have a few more, then stumble through the rigmarole of hiding the bottles so no one sees them in the morning...).

The restaurant had my favorite beer on tap, it was a steamy summer evening, I'd just done an exercise class, and when the waitress came for our orders and my partner-in-crime ordered an icy cold pint of my favorite beer, I said, "Could I have an iced tea, please?" I won't say I wasn't completely aware of that mug sitting there within arms reach, but feeling good about my choice felt so much stronger than the urge to pick it up.

Thank you everyone who's gone through this before me for your honesty, courage, and humor! If I hadn't stumbled (in a much better sense) on this board, I'm not sure I would've made it this far, this time. :l

I'm especially grateful for the What I hate about drinking thread, which I read every morning to remind myself what a cage addiction is, not just for me but for everyone who loves me.

Pride
            (Day 8)
            AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
            "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pride before Fall;917378 wrote: I did it! Week one!

The restaurant had my favorite beer on tap, it was a steamy summer evening, I'd just done an exercise class, and when the waitress came for our orders and my partner-in-crime ordered an icy cold pint of my favorite beer, I said, "Could I have an iced tea, please?" I won't say I wasn't completely aware of that mug sitting there within arms reach, but feeling good about my choice felt so much stronger than the urge to pick it up.

Pride
              (Day 8)
              YAY! Good for you! I did that last night too - hubbs ordered Corona w/lime. I managed to say "club soda and lemonade" even though that wasn't what I really wanted to say... But I was SOOO glad in the end. Dinner was great - and I was actually able to go grocery shopping afterward. (And I feel good this morning!)
              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

ANYONE KNOW WHEN FENNEL IS COMING BACK? (Sorry for yelling.)
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jeebus, Coco! You nearly broke my ear-drums!

Comment

Newbies Nest

You mean all we had to do is yell?????
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yah...that plus "whine, whimper and beg" a little!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm leaving an extra set of taco truck keys with you and Coco for the next time there's an elephant roast.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;917449 wrote: I'm leaving an extra set of taco truck keys with you and Coco for the next time there's an elephant roast.
                          YAY! You're back!
                          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am gonna have a heart attack....fennel is back! YAY!
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:H:H:H:H:H
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X