Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Come out, come out wherever you are.......

FENNEL...............FENNEL......................F ENNEL
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry, "Dos Gatos" fans! I had a ton of errands to run today. Here's all the diet cokes, and I made a splathog nachos plate for anyone brave enough to try it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning.

Had a bit of an anxious moment last night and I have just realised what it was about. We went to a pub for dinner that I havent been to since I stopped drinking. I used to love getting a little piccolo of bubbles which they served there. When my husband asked me what I wanted to drink last night, I hesitated because for a split second as I wanted my (old) usual. I couldnt understand where the thought came from as I rarely have cravings any more, I actually am quite content with sparkling mineral water (with ice and a slice thank you) and it didnt feel like a normal craving. But I just forgot about it and ordered my water.

This morning however I realised that it was the first time I had been back to that pub and it was purely the habit of wanting what I used to drink there. So much of my so called cravings since I gave up is the "habit" of wanting a drink, not the actual desire for the contents. This is a good thing to know as habits can be controlled and changed. I have had a lot of "firsts" since January and I will continue for some time too. But as long as I realise that this is just the habit I will be OK.

Have a good weekend.

Hippy
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Reggie;918047 wrote: i dont know why i landed here sorry
          Welcome to the nest, Reggie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

matchee;918071 wrote: Hi all- I'm back. Went back to a pint of vodka today.

I don't know why.

I started eating better and intended to start exercising.

But I still haven't.

But what I really wanted to ask is if you can see physical abnormalties on your body. The area below my pecs but above my stomach looks weird and misshapen. Like the fat has firmed and is a little uneven and asymmetrical. I'm not an overweight guy just a couple of extra pounds. I'm just wondering if this is the alcohol doing this to my body?
            Welcome, matchee...
            Stick around...there's always somebody to talk to here. If you need to chat, just ask and someone will jump in with you. Back to day one is always the hardest, but there are plenty of us here willing to help out.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;918319 wrote: Sorry, "Dos Gatos" fans! I had a ton of errands to run today. Here's all the diet cokes, and I made a splathog nachos plate for anyone brave enough to try it.
              I am NOT that brave. I'll just enjoy my diet coke. Thank you.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NO SPLATHOG NACHOS for you, Nora? Que? Splathog is a superb source of protein, of which I'm certain you're lacking. As for other reading, this is necessaryl How about corn on the cob for free...go wild girls

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;918503 wrote: NO SPLATHOG NACHOS for you, Nora? Que? Splathog is a superb source of protein, of which I'm certain you're lacking. As for other reading, this is necessaryl How about corn on the cob for free...go wild girls
                  I'll take the corn on the cob. :thanks:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok I'm going to vent here, no where else to do it! Hubs has a week off, so I took a very precious (not many days left) day off work to spend some time together and we planned having a big long day out, can't stay out over night cos we have a teenager with noone to mind him. Anyway got up this morning and its drizzling rain a little bit so hubs came up with stupid boring ideas of things to do. Back when I was drinking I'd just go along cos I was always guilty about something, and would just wait till the day got interesting when we could have a drink for lunch/dinner. Not today - no I DON't want to go to a motorbike shop, or a roman exhibition, or a fecking local shopping centre I can go to any day of the week, so I'm sitting here now with a puss on me (expression - something like 'a face like a smacked bum') and I'm going nowhere.
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Molly!

What do you want to do? Make a little list, cool down a bit, then make your pitch!
                      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rare Saturday Coco Appearance

mollyka;918762 wrote: (expression - something like 'a face like a smacked bum') and I'm going nowhere.
                        Molly
                        OMG Molly - sorry about your day BUT "Face like a smacked bum?" - LOVE IT!!! I thought "Feeling like a right plank" was wonderful, but this is better!
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pride, what you said makes sense, but it actually took me till now to calm down! I was raging!! Anyway, eldest son called in for a chat and a friend of my daughters also so they took my mind off things - am grand now!! Coco, ya need to come over here to Ireland, we have quite 'flowery' language!!
                          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Penguin siting on a Saturday?????? I love it!!! Coco you need to start taking your computer home with you.

Glad you are better Molly.

Pride - you've got great ideas.

I'm on my way for my first ever counseling session and am scared shitless. Wish me luck folks.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooh, good luck Nora, I'm sure you are scared but you are really brave and I'm dyin to hear how it went - keep threatening to do the same myself - just not as brave as you! Let us know how it went
                              Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nora-you're home by now. Hope it went really well for you and that once you got there the counselor was able to put you at ease. Please let us know how it went. I think it's something many of us are wondering if we should be doing.

On an aside, my Amoryn came yesterday and I took one last nite and one this morning. Since i'm on the petite side (height was anyway)I'm going to stick with one a day. Will let you all know how it goes.

:l
                                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X