Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Molls-so glad you're feeling better!! I swear, it is sooooo wierd to deal with the curves life throws at us without AL!! That was so easy wasn't it? Drink until you don't care anymore. Now we have to rage, cry, bitch, moan, talk-what's that? and pretty much figure it out ourselves. Dang. But it's still better than being hungover or blacking out, right?
    :l :l
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Movie Time

It's a hot but rainy afternoon here in New England so it's a perfect time for a movie. Click on the pic (not sure why I can't get the actual link to display instead of the pic but it works just the same) to see very dorky me running Devil Dog in our 2nd agility trial. We didn't Q because I forgot to take his collar off but it was still a good run (except for DD going in the wrong end of the tunnel). Enjoy!!

New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

papmom3;918942 wrote: It's a hot but rainy afternoon here in New England so it's a perfect time for a movie. Click on the pic (not sure why I can't get the actual link to display instead of the pic but it works just the same) to see very dorky me running Devil Dog in our 2nd agility trial. We didn't Q because I forgot to take his collar off but it was still a good run (except for DD going in the wrong end of the tunnel). Enjoy!!

What's "DQ"ed? Wow, you're really moving! What a smart pup you have, too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora, I hope everything went o.k. Keep us posted. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pam - I absolutely love the video and you are the best!!!!! Please keep those coming. I love them! I can't even get Molly to sit! (Not you Mollyka)
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello peeps!

Nora, hope you had a really really GOOD session!:l
              Papmom.. that looked like a GREAT run! I didn't realize YOU would have to do a whole lotta running, too! :H
              Fennel, I believe DQ'd is disqualified?
              Molly, glad you're feeling better! Also love the 'flowery' language! :H
              Coco-puff, pride... :hallo:

I'm doing alright... really struggling lately, though. I MAY check out the local AA meeting tonight. Not sure yet. Not sure why all of a sudden this has become a battle again, either.
              *sigh*
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunni - Big Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever gone to AA before??? Just curious???
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nope. And I'm not sure I will tonight, either! :H

The thought of 'higher power and being powerless' doesn't sit particularly right with me... as well as... hmmm.. how should I put this? If I go to AA there's really no more beating around the bush, is there? That means I really AM an alkie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok - My Counseling Session.....

went amazingly well. I liked the woman. She was probably in her 40's. Younger than me. A lot of time was taken up with the routine stuff. But, I did get into my depression, the alcohol, etc. Just the overwhelm that I am in.
                    She asked questions. One question that really struck me was......what did I like to do for fun before I was depressed. I said read. But, I can't read anymore. I can't focus on a book. I can't finish a book - it takes me forever to get thru a book.
                    So, she asked the question again later. What did I like to do besides reading? And, I really had to stop and think. Isn't that amazing? I couldn't remember what I enjoy? I said that I have Disneyland passports and my family and I like to go and spend time there together. But, it's been months and months since we've done that. So, my goal for the week....is for me to get up tomorrow morning with my hubby & son and go to Disneyland for an hour or 2. If I get overwhelmed, I can leave. But, to get up out of bed and go try to enjoy something.
                    Also, I was going to have some other way to relax besides alcohol. But, we already know that.
                    This was not a miracle session but I finally feel like I am getting help. There might be some light out there. I am going to try to remember what I liked to do. Because that was scary to sit there in that chair and to draw an absolute blank. I looked at her and at seriously could not remember what I did for fun or relaxation.
                    So, things are looking up. I remembered one thing.
                    I'm going to Disneyland......................
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey - understand you there Sunni. Try sitting in an office with someone chatting about it. :H
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Nora, I love your post - it radiates honesty!! Good on you thinkin of something you did like, I keep drawing blanks - like you, was a bookworm now barely read a book a month.
                        Sounds like she could be a good one you seem to have felt comfortable with her? I love your expression 'the overwhelm that I am in' - I know exactly what you mean.
                        Go to Disneyland Nora, have a brilliant time - let it bring out the innocent child in you:l

Paps, your video is fantastic and your doggie is a wow!! You sure do a lot of runnin yourself!! and yes you are right, all my angst today would have got lost in a bottle - I wouldn't have cared what we did or didn't do - today I did care but came thro at the other end - went out for a nice meal tonight and am now in bed peacefully not fighting with hubs who is downstairs waiting for teenager to come in - I know today would have ended in a blazing row if I had been drinking so - result!!:l
                        Sunny - be strong! I'm not scared of the 'alkie' label anymore - that's what I AM. A year ago I would have died if I had been called that. If you feel AA would help, go for it, and here's a :l.
                        Hey Fennel, Coco, Pride, night night to you all!
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly thank you!!!!! I felt so stupid for posting. Thank you!!! I thought i was the only one. I have 10 books here by me that I'm trying to read that I just can't. I can't seem to do anything and sitting there talking to this woman today was amazing. So, tomorrow I will make one step. She said to not overwhelm myself. But, to make simple goals for me.
                          Thank you Molly. I'm so glad that you understand. :l
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

When we're feeling a bit glum Nora, it seems like we are all alone and noone knows what we are feeling. The reality is, most people on this site probably understand what you are saying - we need to move on with life without alcohol, I know I'm stuttering with the 'moving on' part and it sounds like you have made a great start. Have a lovely morning tomorrow and come back and tell us all about it! Now am going to read the same page of my book that I read last night!!
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Isnt is ironic that I fell in love with my husband during a series of drunken dates. But now when I see him drunk thru sober eyes, I dont particularly like what I see....
                              I finally got it!
                              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l Hipster.

Could you tell him that? In a round about diplomatic non-offensive kind and loving kinda way, I wonder?

Nora, wonderful news on the counseling... and even better news on tomorrow's plans! Yay! Go WILD, girl!

Comment

Working...
                                X