Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi and welcome Moana! Forget July, I'm with you for August as I'm sure loads here will be. Its a great place and new people are so very welcome :welcomeeven if you're not so new!!). Hang around and some of these lazy lumps might be around soon! (not you Paguy:waving
    Anybody there??!!:H:H
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters

I'm one of those lazy lumps alright Molly. Welcome Moana I really hope you achieve your goal of getting sober and staying that way - sober is so good.

This weekend will be 11 weeks for me. So tonight being Fri night - big fancies. But have put tea in the oven and come on here drinking my ginger ale. Once dinner is over I'm fine.

Sorry I haven't read back past this page. it is good to be back here. I hope you are all going strong.
      Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mazzie - can relate to the Friday nite thing - not easy. But its 10 o'clock sydney time and I have not had any booze. Yay. Feeling grumpy but I know it will be nice to wake tomorrow with no hangover!! 11 weeks for you - is it getting easier?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moana;922437 wrote: Hey all

I joined this site ages ago but have never posted before - was supposed to do "dry july" and have totally failed but determined to go "dry august" starting today! the first AF Friday in a long long time. o yeah, go me! I like how there's lots of women here. Anyway I live in Sydney Australia and I'm here to get sober.
          Hey Moana - welcome! (I'm one of the friendly women here you referred to - even though I bear a striking resemblance to Pingu!!) - I'll try to do dry August with you!

Coco
          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning fluffy ones!

Welcome Moana! I'll stick with you for a dry August! (I really do wish for some rain, though!) :H

Mazzie! 'Bout time you poked yer beak in here again! Funny you say that about dinner... I'm the same way.

I've had a real shitty tough day/night yesterday but made it through. I did some research and came on here instead - much better choice.

Well, have a great Friday, everyone (well, you down underners are probably already into Saturday) - I'll try to check in tomorrow, probably after I get back from the show.

:hallo:
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone ....

Sunni - before I forget....good luck at the show and have fun.

Great for everyone doing so well. I'm doing much better but not AF. So, where does that leave me? I guess I need to decide what I want basically. Because if I can't moderate then I have to be AF. Oh well....I'm just so grateful to be coming out of the deep depression. I do go see my counselor again tomorrow. Second session. To be honest, I thought about cancelling. Still nervous but I know that I need this.

Sorry - Welcome Moana! Forgot to say hi before I started rambling on. This is a great place. I don't always go on & on about myself. Oh wait! Yes I do. Anyway, glad to have you here.

Ok folks - got to get to work.

Coco - are you cooking this morning?

Oh - Fennel sent me a great picture of her campfire last night. They must be having fun.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;922751 wrote: Hi everyone ....

Coco - are you cooking this morning?

Oh - Fennel sent me a great picture of her campfire last night. They must be having fun.
                Sure- I hope everyone likes fish. Kippers, krill cakes, bagels/lox and shrimp shakes. Oh, and coffee and diet cokes. Bon appetite!
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

neva eva;922892 wrote: But not sure about what we're eating? I get the bagels/lox, the rest, ? But I'm an adventurous eater!
                  Not to worry - we're all a little crazy around here (well, at least some of us. I guess I should just speak for myself!) - we've got a nice Taco Truck that comes by periodically with some quite ...ahem... 'exotic' dishes. But never fear - it's all just cyber food so just dig in!

When I first got here in February, Nora was in charge of the breakfast and it was always something very tasty and normal - coffee, bagels, yummy pastries, etc. But since the rest of us started taking turns things have gotten a bit out of hand!!!
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, this is my first post...I remember looking at this site a couple of months back, but I wasn't quite ready. But I bookmarked it, and here I am! I've been trying to sort out my relationship with alcohol for a few years now, tried cutting down, only drinking certain drinks, etc. But every now and again, I'd go land myself in trouble again. It's like every sign in my life is telling me I have to stop, that there aren't any half measures for me. What I find hardest is the reactions of people around me - close friends. So many people won't accept that I'm trying not to drink, and I find it tough to handle that pressure without caving in.
                    AF since 13th July 2010
                    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Neart, glad you came back to join us. Once alcohol starts causing trouble in our lives, either to ourselves or our loved ones, it is a prob and has to be dealt with.
                      A lot of people here have said how difficult they found dealing with drinking friends when they tried to give up - I certainly did, but being sober was/is the most important thing to me, so any friends that couldn't reconcile themselves with the fact I wasn't drinking I had to leave out of my life. As long as you are not drinking it is their problem, not yours.
                      Hope you stay around here:welcome:
                      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Neva - sorry cross posted, how are you doing today?
                        Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi - I don't mean to be quiet.....I'm just working hard today. :H

Welcome Neart! :welcome: You are doing great & have come to the right place. :l

So what else are you doing today Eva? Besides dreaming about Krill Shakes? :H
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nora, good to see you. Eva, I suppose booze was such a huge part of our lives when drinkin its bound to be a big part of our lives givin up!! I'm sittin with a bag of wine gums beside me and afraid to post on the diet thread cos they'll give out to me:H:H:H
                            Hey Coco, Moana and wow Mazzie 11 weeks - you'll have to talk months now:goodjob:
                            Better go to bed - just have to wait for teenager to get in
                            Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Y'all,

Just dropping by, been busy decorating my nest It's my 3rd AF Friday and it's feels great. I did have a wobble on weds night but i went for a nice long lavender soak and felt so much better after it. Going to try and catch up on about 20 pages of this thread!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!

TBx
                              Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.-John Dewey
                              AF Journey Began 9th July = 33 days Sober!

Comment

Newbies Nest

What in the world is "wine gum"?

Comment

Working...
                                X