Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Hardroad, and welcome to you. You sound like you have been thro an awful lot and you seem very sad. You already know that the alcohol is just making things worse and well done on getting the first day sober under your belt.
    Withdrawal depends on a lot of things, how much you were drinking, how long, etc etc. Ideally you should go to your doctor and tell all - I know I did eventually. Perhaps you could go to a doc that you don't know?
    If you don't go to the doc, be sure you drink loads of water, I know the worst withdrawals I had lasted for about 2-3 days, shaking, sweating, headaches and not sleeping.
    I wish you luck and keep posting, it does help knowing there are others out there with the same problems
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Hardroad

Holy, girl, sounds like you really have a load and a half on your plate. Well done for recognizing your abuse of AL and taking action. As for withdrawals, they probably shouldn't get worse than they are right now. You're already on day 2 - how do you feel? Like Molly said, sweats, shakes, anxiety, nausea, trouble sleeping are the most common symptoms. However, if you were drinking very heavily and for a prolonged period of time - yours may be much more serious and really should involve medical supervision. If you feel alright now, just drink LOTS of water (spritz some fresh lemon into it), lots of rest, and ideally something good and healthy to eat. Good luck - please keep us posted.

And how are the rest of yis?
      I've been avoiding sitting down today... what a novel idea :H
      But, it really isn't that bad. Been keeping my hands busy because my brain was headed in a direction I didn't like. Ate a HUGE slice of water melon, that helped, too.

Molly and Eva... I have not 'come out' to anyone other than my dad (recovered alcoholic), either. Of course, Mr. Wonderful knows and my kids know - I have had long talks about this whole ordeal with my son - not so much with my daughter.

Anywho... need to get back to cleaning and whatnot - overnight company tomorrow and going on holidays on Wednesday.. should probably think about what to take? Chirp at ya laters!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters -

Hardroad - So proud of you for coming here. :l How are the withdrawals? Sounds like you really have had a hard time. You will find lots of support here. Please continue to come here. We are here for you.

Sunni - How are YOU? I have been thinking about you so much today! You were so brave to get right back up on that horse. Mm....watermelon sounds wonderful.

Molly, Neart, Eva - Hi and I will be back. Getting pizza right now.

PS - got some more great pics from Fennel today. She must be having a great time. If I can figure out how to upload them, I'll show you.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nora-open a Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket free account, upload the pics to there and then to the left of each pic is the IMG code that you copy and paste into your reply. It works great!!

Hey Hardroad-:welcome: and hang in there. Hope the withdrawal isn't too bad for you. It does get easier, I promise!! When you're ready, download the MWO book from the website ($12 US) and check out the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html.
          You'll find lots of plans and tips to keep you on your journey. It sounds like you are not in the healthiest of environments but we will support you as much as we can. Please continue to read and post, read and post. it helps!! There is always Chat if you really get into trouble.

Sunni-you must be so sore today!! Yummm, watermelon. Gotta get me some tomorrow!!

NoraC-you can come try my life anytime you want :H. It's not really that bad but it's so hard to do EVERYTHING myself. Somedays I have to choose between, housework, yardwork, budget, walking the dogs, etc and I hate that it all can't get done at once.

So on the subject of "coming out": My whole family knows and is supportive although I think my brother doesn't totally get it; I've told a number of people at work that I stopped drinking. haven't really mentioned it to anyone at work again (except my office mate) since the first month.
          The few friends I see regularly know I've stopped. I still have to tell one friend but since we only see each other once a year, I can wait until my visit in September. It won't matter to her at all-she's a normie and will only want what's best for me. Since most of my drinking the past 10 or so years has been very isolated and in the house, I no longer have "drinking" friends. The one friend I see on a very regular basis doesn't drink at all and whenever we get together, AL is not part of the event. Any new people I will happen to meet in the future will just assume I'm not a drinker if AL is involved. I'm feeling stronger about my nephew's BD party coming up in a couple of weeks. Still haven't decided if I'm bringing the pups and staying over or if I'll ride with my sis and dad. No exit strategy if I ride with them but logistical problems if I bring the pups and stay overnite. I'll figure it out.
          OK, gotta feed the kids and dive into my book. See you all tomorrow.
          :l
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys.

Sorry, been MIA for a few days. Nothing wrong, just having a bit of a break.

Have got four more pages of posts to catch up on then will put in a proper post. Dont want to rush reading as I enjoy absorbing all your words and need to get to work in a few minutes.

Just wanted to say hi and I shall return.....

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Hippy
            xxxxx
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Hipster, was gettin well worried about you!! Great you are ok, we all need a break from time to time.
              When you've caught up and got home from work come back and tell us what you've been up to. Pretty much same old same old here.
              Nora, Sunni, Paps, Hardroad (let us know how you are getting on with withdrawals? you will probably feel a good bit better today), Neart, and Neva - nice to see such activity in the nest - been very quiet all weekend.
              Bank holiday here in Ireland so gonna have a lovely lazy day (again), seem to be tired all the time and of course I'm wide awake then when I want to go asleep! Don't know why I'm so dopey - need to go to doc at the end of the month to get new prescription for ADs so if I still feel like this will talk to him then.
              Daughter spent the weekend up(down?) at Niagara Falls and generally sounds so happy in Canada it is a load off my mind, she can have a fiery relationship with her boyfriend so they are obviously pulling together now they are away from their Mammys!!
              Will check in again later folks
              Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone! As Molly said, it's a lovely Bank Holiday Monday here in Ireland so it's very quiet about - I think everyone is still in bed! Not me though, I have big exams next week so i'm supposed to be studying - seem to be spending more time here though - oops... I really can't wait to be finished my studies and spend more time outside (i am usually a very indoorsy person-drinking and/or hungover, a lot) and maybe, finally getting fit.
                Molly - great to hear your daughter is doing so well - must be a weight off your mind?
                Hi Hipster - nice to meet ya
                Hardroad - I am very new here so can't offer much advice, but I really do think you have come to the right place - there is just so much support here. I was at dinner last night and everyone was drinking wine, and just knowing in the back of my mind that everyone here on mwo was supporting me, made all the difference, and gave me strength. You have had a real tough time of it, so I think you need to be kind to yourself and gentle. Don't beat yourself up - you are trying now, and that's all that any of us can do.
                Neva eva, hope all's going well with you and that the universe is working in your favour!
                Morning to everyone else too
                AF since 13th July 2010
                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone!! Late for work as well! Will try to check in at lunch. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
                  :l
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning urchins!
                    Real quick one... my company arrives in about 3 hours or so and I should prolly get outta me jammies, huh?

Molly, Niagara is nice.. not the town (one huge tourist trap) but the falls are indeed very cool to see. Is she doing a Maiden of the Mist tour (boat going behind the falls)? Not sure what the weather is like 'down south' but it's been overcast for the last couple of days here.

Hipster! Was wondering about you - feared you'd run off to join the circus
                    K, hello to EVERYOE.. have a fabby day - I better be on me way!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Folks, nice to have today off Neart isn't it:H What are you studying? Bet it all goes into your head better with a clear head?! Sunnser, definitely get out of the jim-jams - they'll all think ya back on the bottle if you don't!! Don't know if she goin on the boat or not - knowing my girl, if it costs money, she's doing it!!
                      This is love.............went to supermarket this morning ( my most HATED job in the WHOLE WORLD) and forgot the offie would be closed cos it's Sunday licensing hours apparently on bank holidays (HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT?????) so came home and went out again half an hour ago just to get hubs a bottle of wine for his dinner tonight cos he's working all day...I even impressed myself with that one. But then I met a neighbour as I'm about to pay for it and she nods knowingly at the bottle and says ' having a little session tonight are you?' I said really really rude words under my breath, my next thought was it would have been a pretty mangey 'session' back in the day with only one bottle:H:H:H
                      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all - was really late to work this morning so didn't have time to say HI!!!!!

Molly - I laughed & laughed. Who is going to have a session with one bottle? I mean seriously! You need at least 2 and preferably 3. :H:H:H
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday everyone!

Just popping in for a very quick "hi." I'm fairly certain I'm going to have to quit my job in order to spend a decent amount of time around here!
                          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Coco and Nora! Bloody inconsiderate job that Coco not to give you time off for MWO!! I'd say deffo 3 Nora, prob still woulda been rootin around looking for a top up after that, crikey it feels like a different world now!
                            Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:H:H Molly
                              Ya gotta love the light weights, eh?

Dog is barking, I think they're here. I'm happy to report I'm properly dressed, even had a quick bath. Life is good! LOL

Laters!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a good night Sunni!
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X