Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I agree Coco - We need to quit!!! Let's all Quit and we can stay on here all day and all night long.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have fun Sunni - enjoy your company. Glad that you were able to have a bath. :H
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

As I was reading your post, Molly, I was actually thinking - "one bottle does not equal a session! Funny :H You'd be pretty disappointed going to their house for a party :H Amazing what people will say, isn't it? I was out about a week ago and met this woman (a friend of a friend) who I had met earlier that day. She leans over to me at one point and asks me why I had changed out of the nicer clothes I had on earlier - emphasis on nicer - as she looked me up and down. Thing is, I know she didn't mean to be rude - funny, really...
        Sunni, enjoy your guests - I'm sure they'll appreciate you having gotten dressed for them
        AF since 13th July 2010
        NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ha Neart - I used to (she's dead now) have the most tactless Auntie in the whole wide world and if you bought something she didn't like she would say 'did you mean to buy that?':H:H
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

So hard to bite your tongue on these things! Like "no, it fell on me in the shop by accident"... Sometimes when I was a teenager, I'd go down for breakfast and my Dad would be like "look to the left", and then stare for a minute and then ask "do you know you have a massive spot on your nose?" As if i hadn't noticed... And he was being serious!
            AF since 13th July 2010
            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody

Thanks for the laughs this morning. Needed that. I feel like I'm turning into a real misery guts! Have to lighten up. Would love to quit my job to Coco and Nora but it is the only place I feel sane and a little bit happy in at the moment! It is difficult to spend time on here though esp since I haven't told hubs about this site and he thinks I have 'met' someone online and am going to take off with him - As if I'd want another bloke in my life Geeez!!!

Off to work soon and am acutally really thankful I have a good job with great bosses and a lovely person to work with.

Have a good day/night everyone
                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

neart;924961 wrote: Amazing what people will say, isn't it? I was out about a week ago and met this woman (a friend of a friend) who I had met earlier that day. She leans over to me at one point and asks me why I had changed out of the nicer clothes I had on earlier - emphasis on nicer - as she looked me up and down. Thing is, I know she didn't mean to be rude - funny, really...
                  Neart - Oh my gosh! That is hilarious!! :H:H:H
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mazzie;925048 wrote: Hi everybody

Thanks for the laughs this morning. Needed that. I feel like I'm turning into a real misery guts! Have to lighten up. Would love to quit my job to Coco and Nora but it is the only place I feel sane and a little bit happy in at the moment! It is difficult to spend time on here though esp since I haven't told hubs about this site and he thinks I have 'met' someone online and am going to take off with him - As if I'd want another bloke in my life Geeez!!!

Off to work soon and am acutally really thankful I have a good job with great bosses and a lovely person to work with.

Have a good day/night everyone
                    Hi Mazzie - I just told my hubby that I have this site and it's my own personal site. Period! He does still get jealous I think that I spend so much time on here. Oh well......whatever.
                    And I agree with you! I certainly don't want another man in my life. Geez.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mazzie, you sound a bit down, you ok hun? I too am very very happy in my job - I love going there. In hard times in the last couple of years it has literally saved my sanity. I suppose we should really add that to a 'gratitude list'!
                      Like you I would need another man like a hole in the head -:H - love the one I have but deffo one's enough!
                      Hi Nora - you sound a bit more upbeat these days!
                      Hippy and all other missin folks, come back, we need ya!!
                      Night all
                      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning guys.

Am going to make a point of putting aside a few hours tonight to really catch up. I miss you all when I dont visit every day.

Mazzie - hope you are feeling a bit better. Do you think you need to discuss with your doctor about going onto some anti depressants? Might help. When I saw my doctor a few weeks ago, she said it was quite common for people who give up drinking to sink into a deep depression in the months after. She said I had been self medicating with alcohol for years so when I took away my "medicine" there was nothing to help lift my mood. Because in the first few months we are dealing with the effects of removing the alcohol from our lives we dont realise that we are depressed. But when we start to live with not drinking, the depression seems to show up then. Maybe coming here abit more often might help. We will give you a laugh or two.....

Bye for now. Will see you tonight.

Hip
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

neart;925012 wrote: So hard to bite your tongue on these things! Like "no, it fell on me in the shop by accident"... Sometimes when I was a teenager, I'd go down for breakfast and my Dad would be like "look to the left", and then stare for a minute and then ask "do you know you have a massive spot on your nose?" As if i hadn't noticed... And he was being serious!
                          Hahaha...so funny...I've been 'flitting' around today and thought I'd land in the newbies nest for a bit...gave me a good laugh..thanks
                          30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gee Whiz. I asked what wine gum was and before I could get to read the answer, you guys filled up pages!!! And by the way, that wine gum sounds terrible! But then I thought gummy bears were awful too. Ready to wind up another Monday. My weekend was exhausing - both good experiences and not so good. But life.....what can you do? It just keeps getting on.....
                            Take care all. No matter what it is, you always know...this too shall pass.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Molly, I am still laughing at your description of the mangey session. It is wonderful that we can see the funny side of an otherwise deadly serious addiction. More power and laughs to us Sapphire
                              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi and good morning Sapphire - I think a good laugh is great medicine, I know a cliche, but it's true, I often in the depths of this awful disease have come here and belly laughed at some of the posts. Prancy - heresy - wine gums are fabulicious! Yep, life is a bit up and down isn't it , when we sober up I think we sort of expect EVERYTHING to sort itself out, but as you say - that's life! Mayday, great to see you here:welcome: you mentioned something on another thread I remember meaning to respond to yesterday and now I've forgotten what it was - must read back and get back to you!
                                Hipster, get your ass back here girl, we are missin you. Paps, where are you? Usually see you here when I wake up.
                                Hi to all else to come, I'm back to work today after long weekend so will check in this evening
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X