Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mornin Nora, how could I leave you out! and the elusive Mazzie of course!!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep Mayday, I know what it was, you were saying you were tired and the memory is poor. Tired is as you say your body trying to recover from (probably?) years of abuse! The memory thing is a biggy. At the beginning I would read a post here and by the time I had got around to replying I had completely forgotten not only what but who had posted! It does improve, I found wierd things happened as my brain recovered. When typing at work I was typing words sort of backwards and sentences all mixed up. My memory is still not what it should be but then I'm in my 50's now so I suppose there is a certain element of natural 'old age' sort of stuff!! but yeah the booze does affect memory - but it does improve, I suppose there are supps and foods that help, I just try and eat fairly well and get on with it (making lists helps:H:H:H)
      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

A clear head is a definite plus in the workplace. Not sure how I bluffed my way through my job for so long with the after affects of a night before!!!! Then by the time I started to feel better it was witching hour and it all started again.

Thanks for encouragement - you lot are the best. I'm thinking self esteem is way down and needs lots of work and depression is most likely associated with that. Just thought stopping the al would make everything right - but years of pushing things down and numbing out needs a bit of sorting out. Hip I'm shy quiet person and the thought of opening up to my Doc seems so scarey just yet but if misery guts hangs around too much longer it may be a necessity. I really do want to have a good sober life, peaceful happy and contented.

Molly, I reckon that mangey session lady must be a normie to even suggest 1 bot would do the trick.

Off to do dinner then hopefully come back here to do some reading.
        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mazzie, there is Noone shyer than me - I think that's why booze became so important to me - but it was abject desperation that made me go and 'fess up to the doc - definitely one of the best things I have done on this journey so far, I feel sort of like I'd be letting him down if I drank cos he was so kind and understanding (and he wants me to go to AA which I'm sure is wonderful but can't fact it yet anyway)
          Off to work
          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Molls, Hipster, Mazzie, Nora!! I'm here. Was sooooo tired when I got home last nite so didn't spend my usual time posting or reading.
            :welcome: Mayday and Sapphire! It's not usually one person holding up the nest but its vaca time and lots of us nestlings are dealing with family and such. Thanks Molls for being the mother hen this week!!
            I've got to take my online final tonite-not sure how long that will take and at work I've got to dig down and focus. I'm way behind. So, if you don't see me on here, not to worry!! If you have my private email addy (is it in my profile?) you can alway shoot me one if you're concerned.
            Have a fabbie AF day everyone!! Missed you HC!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestlings!
              :H you guys are too funny!

Having a great time with company - although it's raining out. Pooey. Oh well.
              Gonna be rushing around like mad for the next couple of days here... leaving tomorrow night and still have oodles of stuff to do. So, if you don't hear from me - not to worry.

Backside and muscles over all feeling a WHOLE lot better today - not sure if I'll have time but I'm hoping to get out to ladies night riding this evening. Will see.

Well, time for brekkie and whatnot - have a fabby day!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody, hope it's been a good day so far?
                Papmom3 - best of luck with the exam tonight! Prancy, Mazzie, hope you're both feeling good today. I went to a counsellor a few months back and i really feel it helped build my self-belief to a point where i was able to step away from AL (I like to do things backwards )
                Sunshine, glad you are enjoying having visitors
                I know exactly what you mean about AA. I was planning on going a few weeks ago, and just couldn't bring myself to. I was afraid I'd meet someone i know! Although, they'd hardly be judgemental, would they?! Part of the reason is that I'm doing teacher training (forgot to answer that qu the other day, Molly) and I am a bit paranoid about word getting around - i know it's unlikely, but the fear is there. I'm going to Dublin in the next week or two, and am kind of thinking of going to a meeting there, I think it'd feel more anonymous, just to test the water. I'll have to pluck up lots of courage for that one.
                Funny how i never minded making a fool of myself or falling around the place drunk, but I don't want to show up somewhere sober
                Right, better go do some study...
                AF since 13th July 2010
                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

I met the president of our PTA in an AA meeting. It was a bit awkward for both of us. Trying to lighten the moment, I said, my it's funny the people you meet in this place. She said back, "I am not funny...." Not a good moment. But really, it's ok if you meet someone there. It becomes a little support for you knowing that you have "friends" that you really didn't know you had out there in the real world!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh lordy, how awkward :H:H I'd be the same, cracking a joke but some people just don't like that, do they! I see your point about having something in common with people that you hadn't realised beforehand. Like I said, I'll try it in Dublin - bigger city, so I might be able to get over the initial nerves there before I try it back home. And I'll probably wait till I have a secure job - imagine walking into a job interview and someone from a meeting sitting across from you - now that would be awkward
                    AF since 13th July 2010
                    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Prancy - what a bummer!!:H:H Did you talk afterwards or was that it?!! Neart - is it primary teaching you are heading for? That is what I would have loved but my Irish just wasn't up to scratch.
                      Was very busy at work today and am foot sore and cranky.
                      Paps, whats your online final? Have I missed something? Whatever it is the best of luck anyway. Will check in again later Hi to everyone else!
                      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep Neart can imagine that could make a job interveiw interesting! the thought of meeting someone has stopped me attending a meeting too..I hope one day soon I will comfortable with acknowledging my problem to others, but I've only just come to the point of being honest with myself!
                        Day 4 for me today...resolve is strong...only have to worry about today so I figure that should be manageable...tommorrow not here yet... so as the day starts am drinking my hot water and lemon making a list of things to do (so I dont forget ) and thinking about a bike ride if the rain stops...have a great day everyone
                        30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mollyka...yep totally relate ..forgot I was going to reply to your comments re the memory!!!
                          I have read that fish oil is good for memory? am giving it a try...will let you know...

Comment

Newbies Nest

My youngest was doing state exams last year and made me buy fish oil tablets that he took for the week of his exams (instead of studying:H:H) he said they made ALL THE DIFFERENCE:H
                            Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep Molly, primary school. Nearly qualified now, so fingers crossed I get through finals next week and will hopefully be done! I was very lucky, I went to an Irish speaking primary, so that made all the difference for me. Fish oils are supposed to be great - I should be on them. Wonder do they stop you looking at the internet instead of studying aswell
                              Oh mayday, i am thinking of getting a bike once I get a job - do you cycle much? I had a lovely bike years ago that i saved so hard to buy, then it got stolen, and it has taken me many years to stop moaning about theft etc and finally think about replacing it
                              AF since 13th July 2010
                              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep Neart, I wouldn't really call myself a cyclist, but just bought a new (second hand) road bike, its winter here so haven't been riding a lot, come summer 3-4 times a week hopefully

Comment

Working...
                                X