Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ah, a crown for the King. Have them engrave MWO on it.lol. Good luck with that. I have 3 so I know what it is like.
    Sunni you are so strong and are such an inspiration to us all.
    Everyone seems to be doing well in this battle. Makes me very happy. Today is all about getting ready for my job interview. I am going to do some research on the company and read interviewing tips, etc....
    I may have to hem my pants even though they are petite. I hope I'm not shrinking.lol
    I will meet with my home AA group tonight and I am going to ask for a job in the group. Coffeemaker, greeter, whatever....It helps in getting to know people. Have a great day all. Isolation is my enemy. That is my mantra to get my butt out of this house.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea and Renewal, I have no crowns. I feel like maybe I am the court jester? I have been warned by my dentist that two of my teeth need to be dealt with and given crowns in the near future. So I will be royalty soon!

Sunshine, I am glad your son is safe! I hope you work things out for your mare to your satisfaction. I have had horses, too. What a great feeling it is to be near them. To brush and comb them. There is such peace in that activity. But, horses are a lot of expense and work. We had to let it go a few years back. I miss them.

Anyhow, it is good to be back in the nest! I am going to get on a big feathery robe and find the perfect twig for the evening!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

'A crown for the King'....yeah, thanks Sea.....I'd rather have one of 'those' crowns.....anyhow, I've recovered from that....now, time to prep for my Fri-Sat gig....not gonna be around, but take care of the nest for me....as I know you will. Good night all.....
        P Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'D Night!

Thanks Papa R!!!
          Once again...a busy guy!! But never too busy for the nest!! :h
          I seriously don't know what is happening...could be a number of things:

1. Blizzard...can't buy beer...although I'm fairly certain, rain, sleet, snow, hell or high water hadn't stop me b4 from getting alcohol :H

2. higher dose of topa

3. started L-Glut on Tuesday

4. both 2 and 3

But this is day 3 AF for SD!!!!! And boy rereading this post has TEACHER written ALL OVER IT!!!!! :H

Have a great night everyone!!! Chat with you in the morning!!
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All nesters. Day 19 andI'm in a very odd mood. A bit 'full moon'. Feel like a toddler who wants to tantrum - but I'm not sure what about? Maybe I should just have a lie down......

Sea - I always have to hem pants - even petites!

Sunshine - I hope you get your mission accomplished with the best possible outcome.

SD - well done on getting to DAY 3!!

Hi Dill and all those I've missed.

Bxx
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

PR-get plenty of rest during your killer shift. We will live the light on for you.

Sweety-congrats on 19 days! I thing around my 3rd week I did throw a tantrum. I didn't realize it was normal until I read post from other folks here having the same feelings. Stay strong.

SD-Congrats on 3 days. I never took the supps but have read where others have had a lot of success with them. I am taking some of the vits and minerals. Some of the pills are huge! Are yours!

Sea-You are sounding so positive these days. Hang in there.

Dill-I know you will be here soon. We seem to be on the same flight pattern!

Hi Within & SS and anyone I may have missed. Hope you are having a good day.

Ok peeps-the coffee's on so it's time to get your butts in gear and get the day started. Hope it's a good one for everyone.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone!

Hey Lil, glad you didn't send me that picture you talked about in your PM. It would surely have confused me!

Good job, Sweaty. Go ahead and stomp your feet if you need to! Get it out of your system.

SD, Congrats on day 3! Sometimes I think about trying the topa. Let me know how it goes for you.

Sunshine, when do you go get your son?

Hey all, have a great AF day!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Nesters! I had a little sleep (well actually 3 hours) and feel a bit better.Bx
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Nestlings
                    I slept really late for me today, but I feel good, so I guess I needed it. Day 19 Betty, Way to go. I am right behind you Day 16. Great job SD. Hang tough. I know you can do this. Thinking of you Renewal and your "killer" shifts. Hi Dill, and Lil and Sunnibutt and all others to follow. I got a job in my AA group last night. I am now the Greeter. I stand at the door and as folks come into the meeting, I introduce myself and welcome them. Great way to meet folks which is what I need. Hope you all have a great day. Got 2 interviews coming up early next week and have no idea what I'm gonna do with this hair.lol.

Comment

Newbies Nest

TGIF!

Oh boy, am I glad when this week is OVA!!!! :H

Whew. We (Mr. Wonderful and I) will be heading out here tomorrow morning to go get the kid. 8-9 hours there and 8-9 hours back. Uggh. There goes the weekend. Which reminds me... I need to cancel some appointments I had tomorrow. One is at the hospital, which I won't be too sad to miss - just that it'll drag things out a lot longer now. But I'll be missing a play date I had really looked forward to... you horsey people will understand: The barn I hang out at is having a Parelli trainer come up tomorrow and teach us games, etc. - :upset: I so wanted to play with my favorite gelding at the barn. Too funny actually, he's a paint and I'm not really into paints, especially not a white face. But I know his story and that boy has had a rough past - that must be it. My heart just melts when I'm around him. *sigh*

I had a long talk with my friend yesterday (whose son went after mine, leaving him with a broken cheek bone and 15 stitches in his head) and I think we've come to an understanding. Will have to sort out more on Sunday. I don't think I have to worry about my mare, so she will be staying where she is until it's time to bring her up here. Another whew.

So, I truly hope that things will settle down come next week.

SD... you GO girl! Since you're already on day 3.... why not make it a week? I'd be delighted to be your AF buddy! Let me know!

Betty... omg hun... I kinda forgot about that. I turned into the wicked witch of the east around week 3. I couldn't even stand being around me! :blush:

Sea... I could just squeeze you severely! You sound SO strong and good - I'm so proud of you!

Lilmea... bless your heart - coffee is JUST what I need!

Your Hiney, *giggle* oh great Daddy-oh of the nest - I wish you an utterly boring and uneventful weekend shift!

And now, I'm off to make money. I hope :H Have a great day, all!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!!
                        Sweaty-I say nap whenever possible!!! They always seemed to help my son :H Seriously...sometimes I think it's our body's way of telling us we just need a break for a bit. Listen to your body
                        Sea--I can honestly say I have never had to hem a pant...I'm almost 6 feet tall (5'10)...I always have trouble finding pants long enough!!
                        Sun--how you hanging in there??? If you ever want to chat, I'm here for you...I know we don't know each other all that well, but just know I'm here :l
                        Lilmea--Yeah---what's up with the huge supps---if I wan't always running late in the morning and just have to throw them all down my throat while running out the door screaming at my son, while putting on my snow boots, trying to find my car keys, remembering if I grabbed my lunch....I think that actually has helped me not notice as much :H
                        Dill--I LOVE the topa!!! Seriously..there have been some minor side effects I guess...probably the most noticable for me is the memory thing...or recalling words...or like yesterday I asked my son if he was ready to go outside and vacuum the snow. Stuff like that...seems funny to the other person...but it gets annoying to me....something my doctor told me to watch.
                        Well once again I better get to work!! Sorry if I missed anyone...and good morning to all those to come and to anyone I missed!! Where had UNG been??? Within? Polar? Entity? Papa R---oh he's always here :h
                        Happy Friday!!
                        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                        7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross Post---Hey Sea---Way to go on the interviews and 16 days!!!! Keep it up!! Nice to hear from you this morning!!

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

i am new here and still trying to find my way around,antbody any tips as i would love to talk and get some help to stay sober

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mario and Welcome to the Nest. Pull up a twig and make yourself comfy. There are wonderful Peeps here. We are helping each other to stay sober, one day at a time. It is nice to have you here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All ~~ I'm brand new. Had a bad day yesterday ~~ couldn't work today ~~ probably will get fired. I have been on the fence about doing this program for a while. Did got to the dr and got the prescript for Topa but haven't started using it yet. Just ordered all the supps, couldn't seem to find them around here. I want to be totally AF. My life would improve so much. Is it really possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X