Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I decided to try a reddish hair color. I used to be strawberry blonde. OH MY GOSH!!!!! MY WHITE ROOTS TOOK THE RED COLOR AND IT WAS ALMOST ORANGE!!!! She tried several things Ash Blonde, Brown and toned it down some but I had to have her leave it. I didn't want to burn my scalp. :upset::upset: I am going back on Saturday and she will fix it. Me & my stupid ideas. We couldn't believe it. We always have problems with my white hair taking color......never with it holding onto color.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nora, so sorry about the hairtastrophe!! that is the worst isn't? I hope she'll be able to fix it good tomorrow. Just something to keep in mind: I've found that when I am on medication-antibiotics for one-it really affects how my hair reacts to a perm or color. Hormones out of whack will do the same thing. I've had my share of disasters, beleive me!! hang in there!
      Beautiful day here in the Northeast-the storms really cleared out the heat and humidity. I'm looking forward to a busy and productive day at work, relaxing with a mag on my chaise tonite, and another productive day at work tomorrow. Then off on Sunday and hoping to get an outside project started (like cleaning out my shed!!). One of my kitties is off to the vet Sunday morning for his rabies shot and to be shaved. Since he's gotten much older he's not grooming himself as well and is full of nasty mats. I try my best to keep up but he's not very tolerating of the brush, comb or my wimpy clippers and I have the scars to prove it!! Other than that he's going strong and keeps the pups in line!!
      Have a great day everyone! Stick to your plans and wake up tomorrow with a clear head. Remember, you CAN ride the crave wave-it WILL dissipate and go away!!
      :l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning - Sorry about your bad hair day Nora. Have some croissants and apple pastries with your diet Coke (coffee available for others not quite as adventuresome as Nora). That should fix you up! In the meantime, there are always hats.
        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

That would be the perfect hat to wear today!!!!!!!! :H:H:H
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all..quick visit to the nest,
            forgot to say yesterday Neart, great news from your Neurologist,
            OMG Nora...I sympathise, my hair uptakes colour very quickly too, and after 1 orange episode I have not gone there again, hope all goes well with the remedy plan

Day off today...it's going to be a good one, hot brewed coffee a good start,
            Committment is strong, no alcohol today
            30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys for the support, it means so much
              Mazzie, I know what you mean - I remember times with my family and I just could not relax, cause I wanted more drink than I could have around them. I was tense, and that made them tense - no fun for anyone. Isn't it great to be able to just relax into the moment now, without another voice racing in your head, looking for AL...
              Oh poor Nora... if it's any comfort, I have very dark brown hair and i decided to get highlights a few years back. A number of people chose to inform me that I looked like a skunk - nice!!! Ah well... hope they fix it up for you tomorrow -as Coco says, in the mean time there are always hats
              AF since 13th July 2010
              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

Neart I am so pleased your results were good. That is your prize for getting off the booze!
                Mayday - yes the little things mean so much. Well done on six days sober. It all adds up to a bigger number. Keep it up, you are doing fantastic.
                Mazzie I can so relate to feeling annoyed at people interrupting drinking time. It is sad isnt it, that al makes us feel like that. Just shows how nasty and insidious it is. Enjoy your time with your daughter. x
                Nora - I agree with coco, hats work wonders for horrible hair-do's. I once had a perm with a new hairdresser and I kept telling her that my hair takes perms very easily but she was more interested in talking to her collegues. When she eventually washed the solution out my hair was so tightly permed I looked like a sheep (I was very blonde at the time). If you can imagine a blonde afro that was my hair for the next few months!!!:H
                Molly - I have only just realised that you are a SENIOR member now. Do we need to curtsey to you now? Or call you Her Majesty? x
                Paps - rabies? Your kitty needs a rabies shot? OMG I thought that sort of thing only happened in the movies..... Is his name Kujo?

I am seeing my addictive personality come out again in a different form at the moment. I learnt how to knit recently as one of the women from my gym works at a old folks home and is collecting knitted squares to make blankets for the oldies. I thought I would learn how to do it to give me something to do. But like alot of things, I am obsessed with it now. Constantly wanting to knit a few rows while doing something else. Even kept me up the other night thinking about whether I had done it correctly. I even thought about taking it into work so I could do a bit while the office was empty! I am so sick!
                I wonder if there is a MWO for addicted knitters.......

Have a sober weekend my friends.

Hipster
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H HC!! Knitaholics Anonymous!!! Hey, if that's your new addiction, then knit until you die at a very ripe old age or at least until someone knits YOU a blankie in the Home :H

Here in the states, most states/towns have an ordinance that ALL domestic animals must get a rabies shot usually every 3 years, even if they are indoor pets. Rabies is rampant here in racoons, bats, coyotes, skunks, etc. It's the only shot he gets now as he is so old and if I could get away with not giving him the rabies I definitely would.

Rushing round getting ready for work today so I will see you all tonite. Glad everyone is doing OK and congrats to another sober day for those who are AF.
                  :l
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all
                    Go Happy Chick...Knitter extradinaire!

Have a great day everyone
                    30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, it's evening here, trying to do last minute study for my exams on monday (so I shouldn't be on the internet at all!) Hippy, if you like you can knit me a scarf for the winter - I like pink :H :H I am actually thinking of joining a knitting class in the autumn, as I don't know anything other than knit one purl one. That is my problem usually, I want to do everything! I want to read a book, but I'd like to watch a film too, and go for a walk and...and...I need to learn focus!!
                      Have a good day everyone x
                      AF since 13th July 2010
                      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, just a quick hello, was out this evening for dinner - had a lovely meal, not long in - ate too much and am now goin to bed. Haven't read back at all so apologies if I've missed stuff. Am putting an hour aside in the morning to read up on everything so good night everyone and see you tomorrow
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am on day 9, never thought I would get here. Normal weekend would start drinking by 10 a.m. Today I acually got things done like I wanted to and also able to drive my son and friends to where they wanted to go, can't remember last time I could do that. Life is getting better or maybe it's yhr quality. Weekends were such a blure never could enjoy them, this is great!! Thanks to everyone that has boosted my will power!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hardroad - Excellent work! It is great waking up with a clear head in the morning and feeling like you are able to get things done on the weekend. This is the reality of sobriety and I LOVE the feeling. Days like today can be your inspiration to use to look forward to many more similar days in the future.

:goodjob:
                            John
                            AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! It's 8 am on Saturday morning here, and I don't have a hangover - yay Great work Hardroad - those things make it so worth it, don't they? Welcome back, Molly - I find when I overdo it on my dinner that a cup of peppermint tea sorts me right out - gets rid of that 'full' feeling. Mazzie, hope you're enjoying your daughters visit. Nora, how is the hair? Hippy - have you knitted many squares so far?
                              Hi to Mayday, Papmom and everyone else too.
                              My exams start tomorrow (3 days, up in Dublin - about 2 1/2 hours away) and I won't be back till Wednesday. Not sure if I have internet connection yet. People are staying up on Wed for celebrations but I decided to catch a lift back home wed afternoon, it's easier to avoid as there'd be loads of people i don't know, and will still probably be a bit highly strung after the exams, so I don't want to be in a pub.
                              Feeling positive today - i keep telling myself that even if i don't do so well with the exams, I have been sober 26 days now which is more important
                              talk to you all soon nx :l
                              AF since 13th July 2010
                              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Hardroad, Paguy, Neart - Hardroad Great stuff with 9 days, fair dues to ya, straight in and doin the job - when I was drinking I dreaded the fact that my youngest was getting to 'disco age' and would need collecting and stuff at midnight at weekends, I couldn't IMAGINE staying sober a whole Sat, what a horrible way to live a life!!
                                Neart, you sound so together for a person heading into their finals, I have nothing but admiration for you, I will also say some 'mammy prayers' for you (that's what my kids call them even tho I'm virtually an atheist - they used to swear they worked!!). You're right goin back home on Wed - after exam time can be a bit manic!
                                Where are all the troopers? Hipster, I used to knit mad and loved it, might get back to it in the Autumn -too hot now the hands get sweaty. Daughter wanted me to knit her an Aran before she went to Canada but it never happened.
                                Paps and Nora and Coco how are you all, and even more important WHERE ARE YOU ALL? Everyone else (don't know if you're checkin in on hols Sunni, if you are hope all is good, read your dilemna on the other thread - will go over there after this) have a lovely sober Sunday oh and Hippy, a litttle curtsey will be fine:H:H
                                Molly
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X