Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mazzie, I cross posted with you earlier - how you? Don't see enough of you around!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly, Mayday, Mazzie, Tiptop, Pap, Fennel (ooooh, I LOVE portaging - reminds me of my time with Jacques Cartier) - and everyone else of course! Happy Wednesday!!!
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone and welcome Tipsytopsy. Glad that you found us.

Paps - Great news!!!! So glad to hear it.

Molly - My hair is total white...not gray....white. The problem is that I just look like a ghost if I don't dye it. I am so pale and if I don't have my hair colored then I just look sick. If I had a different skin tone, then I wouldn't even bother. I guess if you don't like it when you let it grow out, then you can just color it again. :H

Ok gang.....got to run. I should be leaving for work right now and I haven't even showered. So, what else is new.

Catch you all later. :l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora, I reckon my hair is probably pretty near white as well - sort of grubby white I'm guessing - I do have fairly dark skin tho so maybe will think about it.
          Hey Coco and everyone else
          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I am back from my Finals! (they get a capital F as they were hard.. ) I am tucked up in bed, and happy not to be out in Dublin. Think it's going to take a few days to unwind. The exams went well though - I was blessed with the questions that came up, so I was. Feel very grateful, but also proud of myself for putting in some work, for the first time in my life. Twas funny, I got a good luck text on Sunday night from a friend, and she said something about meeting up for pizza and a few drinks when I'm fiinished (we planned it months ago). First thing that popped into my head was "how am I going to manage that? Will I be tempted". Then the second thing I thought of was this little nest, and that I would keep going. I think I need to make it a really quick priority to sort out my diet and get onto the L-glut as I can feel a few wavers...gotta learn how to surf them!!
            :welcome: Tipsytopsy - lovely to have you here.
            Hi to everyone else, I hope you are all doing well and I'll catch up properly tomorrow
            ps Molly, I think the Mammy Prayers worked :l
            AF since 13th July 2010
            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob::thumbs::wd: Ah WELL DONE GIRL!! Well done on so many counts - first of all delighted the exams went well, you worked hard and you got what you deserved - told ya de mammy prayers'd work :H:H and double well done not caving after the exams, you made a plan and you stuck with it. Give yourself a clap on the back and have a great nights (sober) sleep - just think of your classmates heads in the morning?!
              Very proud of you - you are a lesson to us all
              Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

A lovely Thursday mornin to you all.

Neart well done on the Xams. Is job hunting the next thing on your agenda?

Tipsytopsy how are you going today? Keep up the resolve!

Hopefully I'll 'see' you guys later. Got lots to accomplish today so betta get to it.

Maz
                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Tipsytopsy...:welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!!
                    Neart-Oh well done!! I can't imagine taking 3 days worth of exams. Good for you and great job on sticking with your plan. you will feel so good tomorrow!!!!!!
                    Welcome Tipsytopsy!! Hope you stick around. We might be a tad quiet right now but we'll busy again soon enough.

Hello Nora, Molls, Fennel, Coco, Mayday and anyone else who flies in tonite.

Sweet dreams!!

:l
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello TipsyTopsy! I am very new as of 12 days and already my life has changed mostly with my chidren.
                      This sight has been really great to get through the begining.
                      I also wanted to say to the Fennel bikers. I thought I trained for a bike tour I was running everyday and doing 18 miles aday on bike on our railroad bike trail. Went with my girlfriend her husband and my brother {who was running marathons}.
                      The first three of us trained together my brother trained in his town this was more of a street ride with lots of hills , gravel roads. My brother came with mountain tires the opposite of your problem. Anyway it was 100 miles and we did have great time even though we were trying to figure out how to cheat, My brother a good 40 min. behind us. Needless to say I have never road my bike again! My son has been slowly stealing my parts. Should have started withthe 30. So if you keep riding your bike your better then me!! Hi to everyone else and some people and can pull off gray hair wonderfully, and if you don't like pull out the color.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dead right Hardroad - about the bikes and the hair:H:H Back to the bikes - when I was doin the mad cycling back in the day, I remember being caught in a crazy wind and rain storm in France at the bottom of a huge hill and I just stopped and cried, hubs came back and asked what was wrong I just said I had gone on strike and sat down in a puddle - I was a grown woman! I still laugh ruefully when I think of that moment!
                        Anyway, need to go to work in a while so will check in tonight - Hippy, where are you!
                        Mornin Paps, Nora, Fennel, Coco, Sunni (if you're out there, have you got Tigger yet?) Neart, Mayday and everyone else that I have left out cos I am a crazy ol lady with no memory left:H
                        Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all.

Welcome Tipsy - I tend to feel like a work in progress too and I think that is a brilliant way to look at this journey. I have been working on my sobriety since January and even now am finding I am learning how to do things differently now I am not using AL as my answer to everything. It's not always easy but it is so much better living a sober life. Good on your friend for supporting you.

Hardroad - well done on your 12 days. It is good that you are already reaping the benefits of not drinking. My relationship with my kids is changing too now that I can remember what I said to them the night before!

Neart - well done on your exams. I bet you feel relief they are over.

Hi to everyone else. Hope your day is going well.

Hip
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin Hipster, just spotted your post, need to get ready for work so pretty much hello-goodbye!! Talk later
                            Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Molly. Hope you have a good day at work!
                              xx
                              I finally got it!
                              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mrs. Fennel's Revenge

fennel;931303 wrote: Then, Mrs. Fennel told me that we were supposed to have mountain bikes, LOL! Anyway, I lived to tell the tale, but I'm not taking that trail again without dune-buggy tires on my bike!
                                I see poor Mrs. F., usually having to withstand being flung onto ant hills and doused with slugs, has finally gotten a bit of revenge. (Just saying.)
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X