Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Thursday, Nesters - I hope everyone is enjoying a bright-eyed, clear-headed morning!
    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Hippie - so glad to see you.....:l:l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;932602 wrote: I see poor Mrs. F., usually having to withstand being flung onto ant hills and doused with slugs, has finally gotten a bit of revenge. (Just saying.)
        Coco! Mrs. Fennel got that slug from the car handle outside of the HH "Bi-Lo"...not my fault! Same with the other attacks. She's a vermin magnet!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora, here's a diet coke....would you like a bagel to go with it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes please!
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;932684 wrote: Coco! Mrs. Fennel got that slug from the car handle outside of the HH "Bi-Lo"...not my fault! Same with the other attacks. She's a vermin magnet!
              You should include wank store names over on the Vent thread.
              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

What?

fennel;932685 wrote: Nora, here's a diet coke....would you like a bagel to go with it?
                No krill with bass shake? Was it something I said? (It usually is!!!)
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops! Sorry, Coco...here's a freshly whipped bass shake, along with some nice, raw krill...just the way you like it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello-

I just joined My Way Out today because I need help. I don't drink every day, but when I do drink it's ALL or nothing. I am a single father and want to be a better parent. I was out the other night and wrecked my car. I am okay, no injuries, but my car has almost $2000 worth of damage. I should be dead. I don't remember any of it, just waking up to the police at my door. I want to stop drinking for good and become the person I know I am. I have hurt people along the way and hate it. I recently broke up with one girl to date another because she was prettier. What a jerk!! I spoke with the one I broke up with and told her I wanted to change who I was and wanted her help. She agreed and pushed me to make a call or stop in an AA place. I am scared and wanted to start here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

That is just so wrong Fennel and Coco...
                      There is a fundraiser at our Dairy Queen today. One of the challenges is to eat a seafood blizzard!! blech...:eeks:

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi IWantToChange and Welcome!!!

Sorry about your accident and glad you're ok. (physically anyways) Definitely something to write in your journey journal.

We're all cheering for each other. All the best!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi WantToChange - Welcome!
                          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, IWantToChange! :welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi IWantToChange!

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
                              You should start by downloading the MWO book from the Health Store, it's full of good information for you. You also need to make a good plan for yourself, something that will work just for you. Take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some good ideas for your plan.

I also highly recommend the CDs (also available in the Health Store). They will help you learn to relax & begin to change your thinking about AL. Making a firm commitment is important to your success. Do this for yourself, your child & your future relationship(s).

Please feel free to ask questions, read & post often. Send me a PM if you like. Staying very close here really helped me a lot.
                              You have nothing to lose, you won't be sorry

Wishing you the best on your journey!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Iwanttochange :welcome: You're in the right place here for lots of support. It's made the difference for me.
                                Hi everyone else! Hope you're all having a great Thursday (had to think waaaaay too long to figure out the day just there)
                                Thanks so much for the good wishes :thanks:
                                Molly, I'm still laughing at the image of you sitting in a puddle having a grown-up tantrum - we have all done that! Once, I was having a fight with my (then) boyfriend, and I actually stamped my foot in a tantrum cause i wasn't getting my way...
                                Mazzie, yep, looking for a J.O.B. now - heard they're handy and my bank manager has been suggesting I try out the concept. Am approaching with caution.
                                Hi to Hippy, Fennel, Coco, Mayday, Papmom, Nora and everyone else I'm forgetting. I had a few things to ask etc but I can't remember what now, am still a bit brain dead after the past few days (that's my excuse anyway). And I thought my memory should be improving!
                                AF since 13th July 2010
                                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X