Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Sunni - Loving the Tigger pictures. :goodjob:

Blueby - Glad that you are able to share. It's hard when we start to do that. But this is the place where we all understand. :l:l:l

Good morning everyone...got to run. I am super, super late to work today. Could not wake up. I'm having anxiety about putting the kids on the plane alone tomorrow night. :upset:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the newbies! :welcome:

Sorry I'm late...the taco truck got towed last night and I had to spend some time searching for it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well - it's about time, I must say. If you would stop taking it to those kinds of places Fennel. :H
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here's a bagel and diet coke...

I left it parked in the same place for two days, that's why it got towed! Plus, I think somebody complained about the smell...I have a bunch of Krill shakes in it and they have a certain "bouquet" that only a penguin can appreciate.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Speakiing of penguins - come on out Coco!!!
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Coco!!!!!!! Where are you?!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ola! everyone how are you all! Feelin really low at the moment - husband is being a pain, son is out so have to stay up till he comes home and generally feeling rubbish!! sorry folks sure I'll be grand tomorrow
                Molls x
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blueby, Those are the stories that keep me going , was doing fine hiding it till got to a point that it took over my life, so instead of stopping then I just gave up on life and got to work when I could and back home to drink, gave up on everything, go to my sons baseball games and had to sit in car because I was drinking or had been. At least I never had to drive him home, but how dumb!! Well life is coming back and now my soon even asks me to drive him and friends. Next step is for me to get my exercise routine back and so on and so on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!!!!!

Well......today is the day. Kiddos go home. Going to be busy finishing the packing. They are happy to be going home to see Mommy & Daddy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guess I'm going to tidy up the nest a little bit since it's a little bit empty right now. I'm going to plump up the twigs & get some more soft branches. I'm putting on some nice music. I'm putting out some nice treats - no......not worms. I'm laying out some nice ice cold water, some hot coffee, some Diet Coke, lemonade, ice tea, hot tea and whatever else you ask for. I am putting out some nice crackers and cheese. I'm also going to sit here with hugs for all. Also, putting out the velcro butt straps if anyone needs them. I actually had to slip mine on. :H

The nest is looking pretty cosy again. Hope you all drop by soon.........:l:h:l
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's better. Nothing worse than an untidy nest. Or an abandoned taco truck.
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you Nora for the tidying up!! The nest looks awesome!! That lemonade sounds great so I'll help myself. No need for velcro these days. I think i'm finally getting to acceptance stage. My thought process lately goes something like this:
                          PM3-you would NEVA EVA think about taking coke, heroin, pot, speed etc to deal with whatever is going on in your life. you know those things are poisonous, mind altering drugs that are highly addictive and will cause you to lose control of your life. Why in the world would you want to start drinking again knowing AL has the EXACT SAME EFFECT on your brain as the "harder" drugs?
                          Me-hmm PM3, you're absolutely right!! So what if it's a legal drug? So what if some people can use it "normally" and not get into trouble? I can't and that's the truth and my reality. I bet some people can smoke pot and not get blitzed and out of control too. It's not something I would ever want to put into my body anymore and I have no desire to it now ( I was never a "pothead" in my younger years and never really liked how it made me feel anyway. I just did for the peer pressure).

I think I've finally stopped the "why me" lament. I feel a sort of peace this week and I think I'm getting to the point where I might want to formally (AA) work on my sobriety. I'll keep you all informed!!

Happy AF Wednesday everyone!
                          :l
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I never thought of it that way. But I do not like how AL was making me feel and running my life. And I to would never do those "hard" drugs so why do I not care enough that the brain cells were still getting killed. Thank you for letting me see it that way!!! Have to back to work, My body aches so bad I had to take dog to vet. this A.M. and while going to exit my deck with dog my flip-flop got stuck on deck rug ,dog pulled I missed all 5 steps and land on my sons bike laying there so the hand break ended up in arm pit making a nice hole and everything else hit cement like side of my face. of course the neighbor was looking and saw the whole thing! And the reason dog had to go to vet was a dog being walked by a 4yr old girl as big as her pulled her in my yard and her dog bit mine in the eye. My dog is a good size to but think he thought he was making a new friend. Story of my life never ends.

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'night everyone! Sorry I was a bit gloomy yesterday - had very bad news about a good friend. Life can seem so unfair, this person has had so much thrown at her over the years by 'fate', and she just seems to get more than her fair share - anyway, as my old Dad used to say 'who ever told you life was fair??'
                              Hope your kiddies got off safely Nora, you'll have more time to think about yourself now anyway - tho I'm sure you will miss them.
                              Hello to everyone else, am goin to bed!
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thinking of you Molly. :l:l:l
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X