Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Nestlings

Thanks so much NoraC for the spring clean. Big day today sending off your little friends. Will be thinking of you. Molly chinn up old girl. I often wonder why some people seem to cop a lot of lifes down side. Sending you some hugs. Hardroad are you OK? Go do something nice for yourself today. Did you actually get to the vet after all that?

PapM - well put. i'm the same - no way would I ever even think about other drugs but have never put al in the same category. Of course it is. Thanks for that little insight. I have just got to 3 months al free last weekend and want to keep going down the sober road. Its so much better in most ways, much harder in others but overall there is no comparison to how I feel now compared to my previous life.

Good to see you Coco and Fen. Where is Neart?

Anyway must go off to work and do my bit for the day. Boss is away for a few days so its a good catch up time and we can actually have morning tea and lunch break - yay.

Have a good day everyone

Maz
    Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Hard Road, are you OK? That fall sounded very painful!! Nothing broken I assume? What about your doggie? Will his eye be OK? So stressful when our furfriends get hurt or ill.

Molly, I'm so sorry about your friend. Is it a situation that might turn out OK? Please take good care of yourself and remember, AL doesn't fix anything!!

Mazzie-good to see you! I love it when the boss is away too!! Whole different atmosphere in the office. It's too bad it's like that.

Nora, hope you get a little down time once the kids are on their way. I know you'll miss them tho!

going to try to turn in early tonite so everyone have a safe and restful nite. see you tomorrow.

:l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellooo Urchins!

Molly! Did Mazzie just call you 'old girl'??? :H
        Hope you're feeling a bit more upbeat today? I'm sorry to hear that your friend keeps getting dumped on

Hi Nora... did you get the youngsters safely off on their plane? :l
        Hardroad... how's the pooch? And how are YOU? Can a Tylenol and a nice bath soothe any of your aches?
        Papmom.. you are SO on the right track! Thank you for sharing!

Everyone else: :hallo: - it's late here (again) - the last 4-5 days have just been insanely busy, with company, work, etc. - will try to check in for longer tomorrow!

Night night!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Iam fine just have some really ugly black and blue spots already and feel like I was in car accident, really I do stupid stuff like that all the time , my mom really should of named me Grace. My dog is doing okay now, he already was getting infected so they gave him some meds. Hope everyone else is doing good. And I will admit I really wanted to drink to night because of the pain of my left side but also didn't want to leave house so kinda saved myself, but soon will have to get back into life and figure out how to move on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, nestlings!

Papmom, what a great post!

Hey to you Mazzie...hope all is well.

Sorry about your friend, Molly...:l

Glad to hear you're o.k., hardroad. :l

Morning, Sunni- how's Tigger behaving?

Thanks for cleaning up the nest, Nora! It was getting a bit untidy up here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, Hello, everyone!

Tigger has 'almost' left the building :H Need to get him off to the post office within the next hour or so

So, how are we all today? Nora, daaaaahling.... if you have run out of places to clean you are SO welcome at my humble abode! :H I haven't got around to feck all since I've been back. Which is a week now, I believe. Tsk, tsk.

How are you feeling hardroad? Changing colours yet?
              Oy, Fennel! Long time, no roadkill! Did you spill about your vacation? Where'd ya go and what trouble did ya get into??? Huh? Huh?

And where's Cuckoo-Nut? And Mazzie and Molly and well... everyone else?

Guess, I should get outta my jammie pants and off to town. Send that little guy on his way. Have a great evening y'all!

("y'all"??? How hick can you get?) :H
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick hi - just checking in! I was away from computer all week, didn't have internet access. I'll catch up on the weekend properly, need to read back over posts,
                Hope everyone's keeping well xx
                AF since 13th July 2010
                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

feel like I was in a car crash and yes very pretty colors and they are just starting. Hope all had good Thurs. Love those Fridays!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlers

Just a quick hello before heading off for another day at the office. Will be my myself today so am looking forward to that - sort of!!! Hope its not busy.

HippyChick - are you doing OK. I thought of you on the way to work yesterday and realised I missed you in my round the nest post. Hope you are a bit more enlightened than I am about tomorrows task. (Aust is voting on PM tomorrow). We will either be 'moving forward' with Julia, or maybe backwards, sideways, up or down with someone else?????

Nora I suppose its a bit quieter at your place right now - are you OK with that? Hope you find stuff to do to keep yourself busy. (Gotta be busy right?)

Suns, its times like this when we need fairies to come in the do the housework!!!

Hi Molly - mean no offense with the 'old girl' bit I do realise you are really just a spring chicken and I do really hope you are feeling better and your friend is OK.

Hi Neart, PapM, Fen Hardroad and anyone I've missed. I hope you all have a great day/night. Talk to you all some more.

Maz
                    Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters!

Dropping in to say hello & let you know I am alive!
                      Still dealing with spousal troubles of course but everything else is just right

Looking forward to the end of this very long, very hot, very itchy summer. I seem to have an over-abundance of rash producing plants this year :H

Hope everyone is OK & moving forward - the only way to go

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

Just putting my head in to say hi and hope everyone is doing well.

Been nursing a sick daughter all week but she is on the mend now. Not nice seeing my baby struggling against a virus like that, Really knocked her for a six.

Mazzie - I will be glad when this stupid election is over. I cant turn on the TV or radio without getting hammered with Julia winning a chook raffle or Tony having a "shandy". WHO CARES???!!! Roll on Sunday, I say....

Doctor has doublede my dose of anti depressants so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Have a good Friday everyone, last day of the week.

Bye for now

Hip
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Newbies; as I am a very new-by, I'm here to say hello. Now ending day 1. Not feeling very well. I know I'll be feeling worse before better, but I think reading all the posts of others ahead of me will make it better... now I'm ignorning my neigbor who wants to blame their plumbing problems on me and going to bed.
                          From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
                          But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
                          determined to be AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Patty!!!! :welcome: Glad that you found the nest. Just keep reading & posting and reading & posting.

Hippy - Hope your daughter feels better soon!! I hope that the anti-depressants kick in for you. I also hope that you can find a counselor that you feel comfortable with. I've been thinking of you.

Everyone else - I will be back tomorrow. Going to be an early night for me. Thinking of you all and so grateful that you all are in my life. :l
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Babysteps welcome to a great place and congratulations on taking your 1st steps, keep checking in and you will get fantastic support here! Wishing you much strength.
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Babysteps. Welcome. Great name because that is what you need around here.... baby steps.

Have you read the book yet? If not download it from this site. It is brilliant, will let you know what you need to do to beat this beast. Good luck and pop in and see us regularly - it helps keeps you sane!

Hippy
                                I finally got it!
                                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                                X