Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening all! Any chance of a chai latte, Fen? I do love them! I drank strong coffee after a late dinner last night and was still wide awake this morning at around 3 am - think am hyper sensitive to caffeine-anything after 2pm and I'm guaranteed not to sleep...dunno why i keep doing it! but, I do think that as long as it's not AL, I'm doing just fine I actually can't believe I got past 40 days - it's the first time since I started drinking about 14 years ago that I've been off it this long - and to add to the benefits, I checked the scales this morning and have lost most of those 12 pounds that were creeping up and hanging around the past year or two - not quite there, but I'm not too fussed - just happy to see positive changes! Painted the kitchen for my mum yesterday and today, and it looks so bright and all fresh-start-y
    Nora, glad to hear your son is ok. I was in a bad crash when I was about 18 and it shook me - not physically, but emotionally. But time healed, and I'm probably a better driver now for it, more aware. Hi Sunny(I'm with you on the car - mine's hanging in by fraying threads at this stage), Fen, Papmom (really liked your morning post), babysteps and everyone else out there - hope your day's going good x
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay I messed up last night. And didn't have as much as I used to but still hung over. I feel I let myself down more than anything. But learned a lesson, I don't want to be like that anymore.
      I haven't even had my escape for a whole year yet and my front brakes were shot and my abs also has some broken ring they have to order and the cd player is also broke and they are replacing that. I only drive maybe 10 miles a day, this is driving me crazy... How can this be? I hope this is the end for awhile. Just a month ago my son drove his mountainer through a flooded road which he didn't know was flooded. That was about 6000.00 to fix but he has a 2004. Oh well such is life , always something with me. I would really like to get in on the velcro suit, maybe after awhile I could just use a strip of velcro. Also this coffee and stuff sounds so good, is it delivered hot or does it get could during the transfer? Time to start winding down for bed after last night I hope to wake up fresh and feeling good.night all!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hardroad-hang in there and first thing wed. draw up your plan. We've all been there, done that. As long as you learn from it,and your resolve is even stronger, you will get to where you want to be. Zip up that suit and grab a cuppa. Good nite and sweet dreams.

:l
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hardroad - here is a velcro suit!! I think that it comes in handy at times. Notice how your arms get velcroed down and you can't pick up a drink. Very helpful!!!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

okay I was going to go to bed early and I am still up. You both make me laugh thanks! And that picture was funny but the part of the arms being down was the icing on the cake! thanks so much for checking in! Now I am going to try to sleep again! I didn't drink today, does that mean I have to start my count over???? ull

Comment

Newbies Nest

HR-How you view your journey is up to you. I had 2 slips after I started in March. After the first one I didn't start the count over. After the second one I did and that's when I started my AF Journey Journal in the General Section. Although I started the journey in March, for me, I have been totally AF since May 8th and that's the period of time that holds the most meaning for me. Everyone is different and there are no rules.
                :l
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Struggling...

:upset:

I'm struggling with my emotions at the moment. I don't want to drink, but feel pretty crappy and lonely. My feelings centre around a decision I made the other day, which I felt was the right one at the time (intuition) but I'm now regretting it and view it as a missed opportunity. I wish I could turn the clock back, but I can't and faced with my own head, really am beside myself...HELP!
                  "The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,but in having new eyes" -Marcel Proust

Comment

Newbies Nest

You'll be right mate. We all have days like that

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done MsBates. If that decision made you go a day without Al then don't regret or look back. Find the positives from it. A day without al is a good day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope you're feeling better today, Ms. Bates...I think that it's wise to follow one's gut instinct. Don't beat yourself up over your decision. :l

Hi to blueby, neart, Nora, papmom, sunni, Molly, Hippy, Mazzie and everybody...I have chai latte, diet coke, coffee, tea, krill shakes, and the vegetarian special today is the braised chick-pea and eggplant burrito. The non-veg special is the krill taco with citrus salsa. For those not into krill, I will substitute tilapia.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;943450 wrote: I hope you're feeling better today, Ms. Bates...I think that it's wise to follow one's gut instinct. Don't beat yourself up over your decision. :l

Hi to blueby, neart, Nora, papmom, sunni, Molly, Hippy, Mazzie and everybody...I have chai latte, diet coke, coffee, tea, krill shakes, and the vegetarian special today is the braised chick-pea and eggplant burrito. The non-veg special is the krill taco with citrus salsa. For those not into krill, I will substitute tilapia.
                          Hold on there, Nellie - did someone say "krill?"

Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;943510 wrote: Hold on there, Nellie - did someone say "krill?"

Just for you, Coco! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all! Hope it's a good day for everyone I was feeling very sorry for myself and sleepy all day, a bit of a "woe is me" day, but then around dinner time I decided to shake things up a bit so I am now tidying my room up and getting ready to paint it - a fresh start.
                              Hardroad, hope you're doing ok today - we all have slips and tumbles, it's picking ourselves up again afterwards and keeping on going that counts :l
                              Ms Bates, hope you're ok too - as Fennel says, no point beating yourself up - 20/20 vision in hindsight but we can only do what we can do, and move onwards - go easy on yourself.
                              Hi to everyone else, hope you are all keeping well and happy
                              I soooo want one of those velcro suits!!! Oh, and what is krill???
                              AF since 13th July 2010
                              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

My son is going to his first concert tonight it is a good hour away. Scares me when he leaves our small town and will be with just friends. Oh well gonna happen sometime. But driving him there and comin back home will use up anytime I could mess up on. And thank goodness I don't have the pick up. I don't think he trusts me about quiting AL since I found out from other mom they have there 1st football game Thur. night and he didn't tell me thats his way of making sure I don't go and embarass him. And he doesn't even know I messed up. Did it take anyone else kids awhile to adjust?? Boy I feel better thanks for letting me carry on! Hope all is now okay with everyone, it's middle of week so it is down hill now.:wave:

Comment

Working...
                                X