Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Cdauphne and :welcome:!! Moderation or totally abstaining is a very personal decision. there are certainly people who can successfully moderate-the founder of this site is one of them. You can check out the Monthly Moderators thread to get more info and to hear their stories. In the meantime, feel free to read and post here. We'd like to get to know you!! We have a lot of fun but we also know when to buckle down and come together to help someone in trouble.
    For me, moderation is not an option. I didn't even try it. You know the old saying: The first drink is too much and the last one is not enough" or something like that? That's me!! Once I get that first drink in me my brain chemistry goes haywire and I can't stop until I pass out.
    Good luck to you in your journey and don't be afraid to share.
    :l
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chocolate biscuits sound better than the little tub of Dove chocolate ice cream I got myself around last night.... Sigh.

But... I am all bright-eyed and bushy-flippered this morning!

Fennel - might I have kippers for my breakfast this morning (with chocolate biscuits on the the side)? Hey Nora, Sunni, Hardroad, Pap and all the rest.

Happy Friday!

Keep the faith!
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kippers coming right up, Coco...along with choco-biscuits and a krill "amuse bec"!

For the rest of you, I have diet coke, chai latte, coffee, water, tea, bagels, pastries, and of course, the "Dos Gatos" breakfast burrito.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Cdauphne! :welcome:

Settle in and read, read, read...

Comment

Newbies Nest

It"s Friday! Now what should I do? Hope to find enough at home to do so I don't go to the town drunkin end of summer event.I am so bored at work today, basicly am doing laundry for 8 hours for the man I take care of, funny thing he will just stay in bed so he doesn't have to help. And my boss will stop in so have to figure out a brib to get him up before the boss gets here. I do home healthcare for special needs but work one on one with a guy that has ds, his moods flip-flop on a dime , but he can really crack me up sometimes. My kids swear it's catching I am pretty sure it's just when I was drinking. Oh well, any one on this site from wisconsin? Hope you all have a AF weekend with some luck and will power I plan to also! Good day all! :yougo:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hardroad;945281 wrote: Oh well, any one on this site from wisconsin? Hope you all have a AF weekend with some luck and will power I plan to also! Good day all! :yougo:
              I'm from WI. Planning on an AF weekend, too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am Irish, so no good to ya on that one, but I also plan on having an AF weekend
                Have you any nice plans for later? I find that if I don't have plans, and I am feeling restless, it is a bit dangerous - but there are so many nice sober things to do! If I'm stuck, I watch my favourite films again - preferably something funny - I could watch When Harry Met Sally every day and not get sick of it I also find that if I get into my pj's early, it kills off any urge to go out :H
                And remember, those people at the party end of town tonight are going to have sore heads and sick tummies in the morning, and you won't!! Maybe you could plan something nice for the morning, that you couldn't do when hungover? Even if it's just a little walk, or sitting outside to have a morning cup of coffee with a magazine - hmmm, think I just got my own plan for tomorrow morning!
                AF since 13th July 2010
                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;945208 wrote: Kippers coming right up, Coco...along with choco-biscuits and a krill "amuse bec"!
                  Amuse bec - LOVE it!!!

((OK so it's a wine steward - but his tray is empty!!)
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

neart;945334 wrote: I am Irish, so no good to ya on that one, but I also plan on having an AF weekend
                    I also find that if I get into my pj's early, it kills off any urge to go out :H
                    Also brushing your teeth really early helps. For some reason (?)
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brushing my teeth is the ONLY way I can stop myself eating chocolate in the evening (maybe I should consider just not buying the bloody stuff )
                      AF since 13th July 2010
                      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all _ sitting here at jury duty. Wanted to say hi. Just made it thru the first round without being called! Yahoo!! I'm hoping that I just sit here in the waiting room today and get dismissed. Now I'm no genius but there are some real not very smart people here today. Lol
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maybe you could try my bus approach? When I'm sitting on public transport and want to put people off sitting next to me, I don't look out the window - I stare straight at them with a really big smile!! Works a treat - they think I'm cracked and go sit beside some quiet person with a walkman on
                          AF since 13th July 2010
                          NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

neart;945379 wrote: Maybe you could try my bus approach? When I'm sitting on public transport and want to put people off sitting next to me, I don't look out the window - I stare straight at them with a really big smile!! Works a treat - they think I'm cracked and go sit beside some quiet person with a walkman on
                            LOL! One of these days, you'll attract a crack-pot who thinks you're a kindred spirit! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;945374 wrote: Hi all _ sitting here at jury duty. Wanted to say hi. Just made it thru the first round without being called! Yahoo!! I'm hoping that I just sit here in the waiting room today and get dismissed. Now I'm no genius but there are some real not very smart people here today. Lol
                              If anybody tries to pick you up, tell them that your last six husbands have died mysteriously...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for all the ideas I will try one and if it doesn't feel like it is doing the trick I will try another. I love the early pj idea because it does make you feel like I am not going to get dressed again. And the tooth brushing works for a lot of things. If all else fails I'll just carry on in the nest!
                                :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X