Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

That's the spirit, Hardroad! Well it's past 11 pm here in Ireland and I'm tucked up in bed. Honestly, the thoughts of being out in a noisy, smelly pub, with no seat and an expensive mineral that I don't even want to drink just doesn't appeal to me!! Chocolate and a good book has done the trick And I'm looking forward to a hangover-free Saturday morning, and hopefully I will be full of energy :danthin::danthin:
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

I jinxed myself. :upset: I got called. I have to report back on Monday. They are interviewing for the jurors for a criminal case. If only I had read your message in time Neart. :H
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;945657 wrote: I jinxed myself. :upset: I got called. I have to report back on Monday. They are interviewing for the jurors for a criminal case. If only I had read your message in time Neart. :H
        There's still hope, Nora. If they ask if you have any preconceived attitudes towards wife beaters/homicidal maniacs/rapists, tell them YES! They'll boot you off pronto... :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hardroad;945546 wrote: Thanks for all the ideas I will try one and if it doesn't feel like it is doing the trick I will try another. I love the early pj idea because it does make you feel like I am not going to get dressed again. And the tooth brushing works for a lot of things. If all else fails I'll just carry on in the nest!
          :thanks:
          You're doing great, hardroad...there's always somebody here to chat with.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;945344 wrote: Amuse bec - LOVE it!!!

((OK so it's a wine steward - but his tray is empty!!)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wonder how Sunni's day went? I bet Miss Sophie is happy to have her buddy Atlas back home!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings!!!

Wonder how Sunni's day went? I bet Miss Sophie is happy to have her buddy Atlas back home!
                Oh yes, Fennel!! There is much love in the pasture! :H Had to laugh this morning.. Atlas still doesn't get the concept of a 1000lbs animal not being able to 'sneak up' on anybody But he keeps trying! :H

Having Missy and Peanut here for the weekend, so not much time. Also, weather is boootyful, so off to the beach we will wander shortly. Oh, and hopefully the birthday girl will show up this afternoon as well. We're planning on having some girl fun in the kitchen

Hope you all are having a fabby weekend!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all! Oh, the nest seems quiet these days - it's that time of year isn't it? I had a pretty good day, there was a beach clean on at lunchtime so I went out to that, on my own - getting used to going places and doing things on my own - even enjoying it! Got my hair cut this afternoon, cause I have an interview on Monday. Not 100% I even want it in some ways, as it'll involve a move to Dublin, but I think I might just be a little scared of moving again. So I'm just going to go with the flow, give it a shot, and if it's the right job for me, I'll get it
                  Fen, can I have a chai latte please? I know they're full of sugar, but I just can't resist... Sunni, enjoy the beach! Just about my favourite place to be in the whole world Hardroad, Nora and everyone else - have a happy Saturday :l
                  AF since 13th July 2010
                  NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm back...away a few days, though I imagine not noticed given not here long anyhow but I like this place, and as they say in aa, so I'll keep coming back :} Now, I'm going to have to figure out who could have a 1000 lb. animal named Atlas.....and what it would be. Must not live in the city I'd say!
                    From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
                    But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
                    determined to be AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross-post - Hi Patty!! Good to have you back
                      AF since 13th July 2010
                      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Neart; I wonder what part of Ireland you are in. I go to Leitrim, dream of living there, but of course, no work to be had now. Good luck on your interview, whether it is best to get it or not. I know how that feels.

Oh, Fennel, do you know how to make an iced Americano? Umm. I'll bake some muffins tomorrow morn. Good afternoon to those here and evening to those there...

But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

determined to be AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Neart! Nice to be back. I wasn't good, but haven't given up on me yet. Starting again....

determined to be AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - I'm going back to my Topamax. I've got to do something. I know it will take a couple of days to kick in but that is part of my plan. I'm at work now. Got a lot of things to take care of because I have to be at jury duty on Monday. I'm still positive that I'll be excused but I had better be prepared, just in case.

Good to have you back Patty! I'm looking forward to the muffins.

Neat - Congrats on getting out & about. Good luck on the interview too.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

babysteps;946206 wrote: I'm back...away a few days, though I imagine not noticed given not here long anyhow but I like this place, and as they say in aa, so I'll keep coming back :} Now, I'm going to have to figure out who could have a 1000 lb. animal named Atlas.....and what it would be. Must not live in the city I'd say!
                              Good to have you back, Patty!

Oh.. and please... meet Atlas

Hardroad, good luck on the job interview... sometimes a change of scenery is a really GOOD thing Nora... good luck on ducking out of jury duty... man, you could really have some fun with that... play totally hillbilly, vigilante, or something... :H
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Sunshine and Atlas! My aren't you lucky to have such a beautiful horse. He looks here like his name could be Snoopy!

determined to be AF

Comment

Working...
                                X