Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Glad everyone is checking in! My night went good, I really thought it could of been bad. Glass can be tricky ask the birds! I had to do back to school shopping for son and exchange his football cleats, than went to favorite store bought some candles and new glasses. Which I have to say first thought was to put wine in. but I"ll rethink that. Got some laundry now, and dishes. But now will meet my only friend at a bar because played penny slots and won 60.00 bucks! Yea! No AL though I will use my rootbeer trick.
    Good day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Crosspost Liverbirdy - Way to go!!! :goodjob:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another crosspost Hardroad! Way to go - $60.00. Rootbeer? Never thought of that.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, I'm a disaster, Nora - I trip over my own feet regularly Are you ok at work? These things can make you feel jumpy, can't they - I think alarms sometimes set our imaginations on overdrive! Hope you get to finish up soon and head home.
          Hardroad - that's cool about the winnings!! Mario posted some lovely recipes for AF drinks there a while ago although I'm not sure where. They might be nice for your new glasses?
          That's it liverbirdy - ODAT
          Still waiting on that chai latte, Fen....*cue tapping of foot on ground* hmmm not sure about the service around here, might have to put in a complaint to management if there isn't a complimentary slice of cake to go with my drink...that might sweeten me up
          AF since 13th July 2010
          NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone.

Just showing my face to say hi. Been having a bit of a break from the computer lately. Getting out of the house and actually doing things which is a huge change for me. And not having a panic attack when I pick the keys to the car up which is nice, helps me enjoy the outting.
            I think a combination of higher dosage anti depressants and my husbands change in attitude is working together to make me feel alot better.
            Havent had a chance to catch up on the nest, but hope everyone is doing OK.
            Have a good week.
            Hip
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy!!!!!! I have been so worried about you!!!! I'm glad that you checked in!! Now if Molly will check in.:l:l:l:l
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy also glad to see you back!! If anyone has some recipes for low cal drinks non AL. please let me know, diet rootbeer has worked for now but would like choices. I get so scared easy the alarm would have me under a table, I'll work on that! Monday is almost here hate to see all the work weekend people left me. Every monday half day just making things back to normal.Youngest son is up to more trouble telling me him and friends going to water park and drivers mom' doesn't know she worries about deer
                but guess his dad is aware. I just don't know.

Comment

Newbies Nest

neart;946908 wrote: I do love a good comedy, so if anyone has any recommendations?
                  OMG - me too!!! The last movie I really laughed at was Couples Retreat. Terrible film - but hysterical.
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nestlings...I have chai latte, tea, coffee, diet coke, water and Nora's tofu breakfast burrito this morning. Also, pastries, toast, marmite, and bagels.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A good, fairly recent comedy is "It's Complicated", with Meryl Streep. I really love "Little Miss Sunshine" as well. "Waking Ned Devine" is fantastic, but my all-time favorite is "Some Like It Hot". I'll try to think of some more.

Comment

Newbies Nest

May I have an egg and marmite sandwich, please? I just can't face another fish this morning.
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;947324 wrote: May I have an egg and marmite sandwich, please? I just can't face another fish this morning.
                          Of course, Coco! Do you prefer U.K. marmite, or N.Z.? How would you like your egg?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oooooooooo I love egg and I love Marmite.....but have never tried them together:huh:
                            I want to live life sober....not die a drunk

Comment

Newbies Nest

Marmite

Hard boiled egg mixed with a bit of mayo and some Marmite - just enough to make the eggs a brownish, gross-other-people-out colour. I don't know about the provenance - my Mum used to make them for me when I was just a wee chick in Canada.

Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Coco....I will have to give it a try....
                                I want to live life sober....not die a drunk

Comment

Working...
                                X