X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome HorizonsNew

:welcome:
    Welcome, we're glad you found us. We're pretty much all in the same boat but with many different stories and inspirations. Take your time, keep reading and posting little threads as you feel the urge.

I have only been here a month and have not been able to tell my whole story either.

While I am reading different threads sometimes I feel the need to share little fractions of a much bigger picture. And in one short month, I gotta tell you I feel amazingly uplifted and I find I drink a whole lot less then ever before. Don't get me wrong MY GOAL is to BE ALCOHOL FREE.

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome, horizons! Ditto what Polaryzed said! Except I've been here longer than a month. I've been here 2 months! We're both newbies, really, just like you. I wish you well.

Hi Polaryzed! It's been kind of a quiet day in the nest today. I hope all are out having a good day. Myself, I have been out and about, doing shopping and the like. I haven't been happy with the weather around here; it's cold and grey, but I have been reminded that spring is just around the corner (thank you Lil), so I am hopeful!

I went out to the barn to feed my dogs and cats tonight. I live on a small farm. For the first time evers since we have been here (16 years), the deer were up in our paddock area just behind the barn. You'd have thought we were raising deer! There was a herd of at least 20. They took off running when I came out of the house, but, they didn't run far. I think they have figured out that we won't hurt them. They ran a few hundred feet away and watched.

Anyway, I'm checking out the available twigs for the night. I see a good one over there. I'll perch and wait for the others to come. PR? Do you have anymore cat stories to tell?

Good night, fine feathered friends!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Horizon! :welcome: I'm a newbie as well. I've only been here 42 days. You see, the nest is full of newbies just like you. So read and do keep posting.

Dill-You live on a farm- I will not be jealous -You live where you can actually see deer from your house? Yes I will be jealous after all! LOL! I don't have any dogs but I do have 4 cats. I live in a small town and if I get one more animal I have to get a kennel license. (Spring IS right around the corner)

Polar-I spent 3 weeks before I even joined MWO weaning my AL intake down before I went cold turkey. But more than anything I had to get my mind set. Just know that you can do this. Have you checked out the drink tracker? That helped me when I first stopped.

Papa R-know you will be here soon to tuck us all in. What is this I hear about cat stories?

It's time for me to go find my favorite twig and nestle down for the night.

Hope all you peepers have a good evening.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still Trying To Figure This Out

I ordered the whole beginners package last week and am looking forward to reading it all. Im active in AA but really dont pull together any long term sobriety. I have managed 90 days in the past. I have been able to pull together anywhere from 3-5 days at a time each week and have not been drunk (at least in front of anyone). I keep my life busy with as many AA activities as I can so i am less likely to drink. When i will be alone i do make sure that i have enough alcohol that i will not run out and want to run out and get more because i will. Anyway i cant wait to start working through the DVDs etc to try to get a better handle on this. i love reading all the posts. Today is day 2 of at least 5 days this week that i will be sober. Tomorrow i have an AA breakfast to go to. Anyway Thanks for your support and i love to hear all your stories.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Horizon and Cacky
            I had a wonderful day with my Sister today. She lives on the Seacoast. We went to her hairdresser. I was only brave enough to cut off 3", but it is definitely much more stylish. We had a fantastic lunch at Bugaboo Creek, then went to Barnes & Noble for coffee and dessert and to browse the books. So Many Books. So Little time.lol. I am exhausted, and am ready to pull up a twig. I did not get to a meeting or call my sponsor today, but I did stay AF. I will see her in the morning at a meeting. Oh, yeah. I tracked down my friend Gary. He did not drink. He was just feeling down. He just got laid off. He went to a meeting tonight. Sweet Dreams to all. Rest well tonight PR.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello there all...well, made it through another 'double double'...barely. Whole lot of 'drama' at work....for those who don't know, I work in a Psych hospital....need I say more? Dill, no real 'cat story' persee...besides, I'm a whole lotta pooped right now. I will say that Gilligan (my cat) MUGGED me when I walked in the door at midnight tonight. Every Fri & Sat, he's alone from 6 a.m. till midnight....his brother (Titus) I had to put to sleep almost 4 months ago, so 'G' is pretty lonely........anyhow, like I said, when I walk in the door, he is all over me!! Pretty cute as he is on me like glue.....now if only he were a single woman...oh well, still good to be loved. Well, gotta go 'bond a little'....goodnight my little ones..............................Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Cacky! Keep checking in and posting. Glad to have you.
                Sea, I loved hearing about your day with your sister. It sounded just so nice. I'm glad your friend is OK. That's a relief for you, I'm sure!
                Renewal, That was a perfect Cat story, just as it was! I could picture the scene very well! Maybe you need to get a kitten for Gilligan? Then we could have a naming contest!
                Lil, Yes, we live on a small farm and it is a lot of extra work, but well worth it. We do see deer outside our windows! Not right in the yard, because of the dogs. But close. I even saw a coyote last week! Right from my kitchen window! Of course, the getting in and out of the driveway in winter is a pain.

March starts today and it gives me a feeling of hope. I think of the color green. I see fields of winter wheat starting to come up and the ground there is tinged green!

Have a good day all. Coffee and danish is ready!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning dill and all to follow
                  Yes Renewal, I think Gilligan needs a buddy. There are so many wonderful cats that need good homes. I almost brought another one home yesterday, but I don't know how my daughter's can will handle it. She is part Siamese and can be evil.lol.
                  While you are having your little Spring visions dill, we are preparing for a Nor'easter 12-16" for my area. Just in time for my commute to my interview over an hour away. Crap!! Thanks for the coffee dill, mmmmm strong just how I like it. I am off to an AA meeting this morning, then I am helping my friend with his resume and he is going to fix a few things around the house for me. Good deal, huh? I am meeting with my Sponsor this evening to begin Step One. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I will be polishing up my shovel. AGAIN.

Comment

Newbies Nest

New to site

Hello... I found this site while looking into the cravings I was experiencing on my 3rd day AF. It is day 5 now, and I've joined, knowing that the support of others going through this experience would be invaluable. As it was, it was very helpful with those cravings on day 3 and 4! I look forward to the exchanges of experience as we all take steps to improve our lives. Namaste'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome YB and :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters,

Wlcome Cracky :welcome: 2 days is a great start. hang in there.

Welcome Yoga :welcome:

Sea-Good luck on your interview tomorrow. I hope the roads are too bad!

Dill-Small farm? Still jealous! LOL. But thanks for the coffee and danish.

Papa R-If Gilligan is lonely, I have 4 cats. All strays that adopted me hint hint.

Hope everyone has a good day.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you everyone for your kind words of welcome.I started my quest to cut back (and eventually be AF) yesterday.I have been drinking constantly every night for the past 7 years..I have never missed a day..even when the booze burnt my throat I carried on chugging it down.Boxes of white wine and liquers..always the same stuff and always at 5pm onwards.
                          Well, after spending hours reading stories on this wonderful site and realising I was not the only woman in this position, I made up my mind to change the pattern.I cut out the liquer..i poured it down the sink..never mind that it was half full and cost $30 a pop..sod it.
                          Now don't get me wrong I still had my 6ish glasses of wine but I feel like I have made a start.
                          That's all for now, Blessings to you all..I am on my way!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It feels good to be here with people who understand and are all striving for the same thing.
                            Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                            Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                            10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                            2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                            Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                            AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                            Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Newbies Nest

bouchard, You said it! I couldn't agree more.

horizons, good on pouring it down the drain. Next step is to not replace the bottle!!! You can do it.

Lil, I bet you couldn't part with a single one of your cats and you know it!

It's been so bright today. I got out for a walk and it was nice as long as you could be out of the wind. I can't believe that the eastern states are having a winter storm. Sorry, Sea! Let us know how you are getting on.
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alright, where are ya all? Hope all is well with everyone. I went to a meeting this morning. It was very good. My sponsor was there and wants me to do another meeting this eve, because I missed one yesterday, but not gonna do it. Sorry, it is Freezing out and I have the house to myself all night. I will not drink. The speaker this morning said some interesting things about sarcasm as a form of anger. I have always had a very sarcastic sense of humor. I also had a therapist years ago who told me that people (like me) who continue chronic marijuana smoking well into adulthood, usually have some type of anger issue. I never felt angry in my haze of smoke.lol. Interesting stuff though. I am gonna jump in my PJ's, wrap myself in my New England Patriots blanket (sorry Renewal) and wait for the Sopranos to come on. Hope all of my feathered friends are well.

Comment

Working...
                                X