Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;947343 wrote: Hard boiled egg mixed with a bit of mayo and some Marmite - just enough to make the eggs a brownish, gross-other-people-out colour. I don't know about the provenance - my Mum used to make them for me when I was just a wee chick in Canada.

So, sort of like egg salad, only with marmite added? Coming right up! Oh, the N.Z. marmite comes in a jar with a red top...it's similar, but has a slightly sweeter, malty flavor. I've got both sorts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

And either will probably do splendidly - just don't give me Vegemite (I tried it once. Enuf said.)
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all - getting ready for jury duty so this is a quick fly by.

Thanks for my breakfast Fennel - hate to eat & fly.

I love the old movies Uncle Buck, Young Frankenstein, Stir Crazy. Some Like it Hot is hilarious - Love that movie!!!

But, I love some of the stupid comedies - Grandma's Boy, Dodgeball, Stepbrothers.

Yep - I'm weird. Now the truth is out.

Ok - everyone have a wonderful day. I am going to be very busy getting excused from being a juror. :H

Talk to you tonight.:l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just stand up and start yelling, "Hang the bastard." They will probably excuse you.
          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellllooooo Nestlings!

Dragging my butt in here - barely alive. It's like 500 degrees today and my riding coach just about killed me this morning. Never mind my horse... he just about had a waterfall coming off of him :H

Anywho.. GOOD to see everyone around! Sorry, I've been busy smooching up baby peanut and learning how to braid Atlas' mane. Dammit, I used to do my daughter's hair in french braids all the time.. why is this so much harder?

Hippie.. hun.. so glad to 'see' you - been thinking of you. Did I miss something? Hubby's attitude changed? For the better? Do elaborate!

Fennel.. I just saw 'It's complicated' not too long ago (made Mr. Wonderful watch it, too - one of those 'I watched batman with you - suck it up big boy! :H) - I loved it!

Coco, dahhling... I get the fish fetish... but eggs and marmite????? *shudder* Now, if you had said eggs and salted sardines or eggs and caviar... *drool*

OK, I will try to cool down develop a regular heart beat again - seriously, that woman just about did me in today!

Enjoy your Monday, everyone!
            :l
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;947060 wrote: Hippy!!!!!! I have been so worried about you!!!! I'm glad that you checked in!! Now if Molly will check in.:l:l:l:l
              Oh, I'm with you on that, Nora - great to have ya back, Hip and WHERE'S MOLLY??!!

Thanks for all the suggestions - I love Some Like it Hot aswell - brilliant I'll check out a few of the others. I love those old school ones like Uncle Buck and Big too, so you're not alone, Nora...

Hope everyone's having/had a good day? It's 9.20 pm here, and I'm in bed on the laptop - had an interview today, 2 1/2 hour drive away for a 15 min interview, then the drive back! Even if I don't get the job, at least it was interview practice. Talk to ye all tomorrow
              AF since 13th July 2010
              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I'm beat! Heading off to bed after an action filled day with the little kids...Nora, I trust you got booted off of jury duty?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fennel - I wanted to call you but I knew you were so busy....YES....I managed to get released. I think they were just tired of me raising my hand & makings excuses actually. But, whatever, worked......

HOW ARE THE KIDDOS???? Having a great time I bet???
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everyone seems all talked out already! I am so glad Mon. is done spend my work hours doing what weekend staff didn't plus cleanup after them. So Tues. should be better. I haven't heard of any of the things you are all mixing together? Dosen't sound to good maybe I am more the plain Jane of food. Well one more AF day, try for another Tues. Good night all! I hope I wake to the smell of coffee and maybe BACON? :danthin:

Comment

Newbies Nest

VEGGIE bacon
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Folks, Sorry for the disappearing trick - have been having a few issues and feeling very blue. Bit brighter today but certainly not goin to cheer anyone up!! Nora congrats on 'Senior Membership'! You certainly deserve to be one, I, for one, have learnt a lot from you and lived thro your ups and downs:goodjob:.
                        I can't even begin to address everyone, just glad you're all doin ok. I only ever did 2 interviews in my life Neart and they terrified me! The one I did for the job I'm in now was hysterical! - The bloke on the panel started asking me a question - I knew from the first 3-4 words out of his mouth I not only wouldn't be able to answer him but I didn't even know what he was talking about - the question went on and on and on and the sweat was breaking out all over me. Eventually after about 5 mins of the same question he finished asking and looked at me waiting for my answer. I paused - for a while - and then I sort of quietly said 'could you repeat the question please?' The other two women on the panel uncontrollably snorted laughing and one of them got a big snot down her nose from laughing. One of them ended up as my future boss and has since told me that that was what got me the job!!
                        Forgive me if I dip in and out, I'm not drinking, just fragile!
                        Talk soon
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Molly!!! You do whatever you need to do - whatever suits you :l Have you been to your doc or is it a case of life just being a bit tricky at the mo? Either way, we all love you here :l
                          That is so funny about the interview :H:H I must remember that one... I heard someone say that they were asked in an interview for a teaching job how they would go about teaching PE since they were so overweight? Can you imagine??!!
                          Nora, so glad you got out of jury duty - persistence is key when attempting to annoy people! Hardroad, how's your day going? I'm with ya on staying away from Marmite mixed with all sorts... give me a cuppa and some nice bread any day for brekkie and I'm happy. Hi Coco, Fennel, Sunnie, Hippie and everyone else who calls in today
                          AF since 13th July 2010
                          NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Neart, Went to Doc and he has upped my anti-d's - I just wasn't dealing with things that should have been dealt with years ago and now boozeless are just too raw if that makes any sense?
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Makes complete sense...AL has a habit of suppressing so much, and I think we lose/don't develop our coping skills, how we process and get through issues. For me, anyway. It's not the same thing, but I have found myself the past 2 or 3 weeks that I can't understand why I'm not in better form - like I'm off AL, nicotine, I've finished exams etc and I should be delighted, but I just feel flat and cranky and blah a lot of the time. Dunno if it's connected to being AF or what, but I"m hoping things will pick up. Got to get out on that beach a bit more often, I think! And get a job...
                              Lots of hugs from here :l:l
                              AF since 13th July 2010
                              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All!
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X