Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Crosspost - Hi Nora!! How are you doing? Good to have you here. How are things with you? Are you still on the car hunt?
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh - my car saga.............:H

I am buying a car - sight unseen tomorrow night. My niece from Louisiana called her friend from California and he has been on the lookout for a car. He is a mechanic. So, finally he found one.....his friend is selling one. But, he looked at it and he knows that my niece would kill him if the car is not in good shape. :H So, I called this other person and managed to explain who I was. So, I'm buying a 2005 Ford Focus 2 door Hatchback. I don't even know what color it is. But, we're driving an hour away tomorrow night to buy it.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all Newbies and Senior Members!
        Thanks Molly and Neart for sage advice. Yes Neart it is like the pickling process I guess that's why they sometimes say "he's pickled!" Not to make a joke out of it. I'm so glad I found this sight.
        I'm going to call the hypnotherapist today and see about meeting with her. I didn't drink this weekend as much as I have but it's still a bad habit over the weekends.
        I ate gummi bears last night instead of drinking and woke up with sugar nerves - wow gotta watch that too!
        Here's too a AF Monday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;958306 wrote: Oh - my car saga.............:H

I am buying a car - sight unseen tomorrow night.
          My niece from Louisiana called her friend from California and he has been on the lookout for a car. He is a mechanic. So, finally he found one.....his friend is selling one. But, he looked at it and he knows that my niece would kill him if the car is not in good shape. :H So, I called this other person and managed to explain who I was. So, I'm buying a 2005 Ford Focus 2 door Hatchback. I don't even know what color it is. But, we're driving an hour away tomorrow night to buy it.
          You so crazy... :H

At least a mechanic is looking at it for you. That's the golden rule.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!
            I guess I'm technically a "senior newbie" LOL
            Day 1 here.

Hope everyone has a good day!
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the Nest K9. I'm actually Day 1 myself today. :l Glad to join you.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nora!
                You're a senior-newbie too! We can do this!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

Guh - recently found out that I'm boarderline for Type 2 diabetes :upset: I'm on meds and I'm not supposed to drink while taking them....thank goodness I'd already decided to go AF. On the plus side, I'm really being careful about eating healthy and have lost 4 lbs already.

Hey, Nora and K9 I see that you're in South and Central California, I'm in NorCal! :hallo:
                  :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Enja (and fellow California-er!)
                    I used to live in Southern California but moved back "home" about 3 years ago. It was a wise choice to stick close to my family, and my daughter loves it here. It's small and off the beaten-path, and I'm glad I don't have freeways to worry about when she starts driving!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Enja - my hubby is up in Northern California right now. Pleasanton area. Beautiful up there. Sorry about the diabetes. Congrats on 4 lbs though.

K9 - I wouldn't mind being away from the freeways. My son just totaled his car a few weeks ago. But that wasn't even on the freeway.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Nora. Hopefully the meds and losing weight will get it under control. I put on about 15 lbs through drinking and could never lose it because of the hateful cycle of drinking too much, too hungover/tired to exercise, not making the best food choices, feel crappy about myself, drink to "cheer" myself up - rinse and repeat! Looking forward to using some of the money saved not buying AL on new clothes.

K9, how lovely that you could go back home and be near family - I miss that, mine are scattered about the USA and UK. I live in the foggy city by the bay so we do get quite a few visitors, which is great!
                        :heart: AF since 29th August 2010 :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;958416 wrote: Hey Nora!
                          You're a senior-newbie too! We can do this!
                          Hi K9 - Welcome - this a fresh week, you've gotten last week's bump out of the way - now on to better things!!

:h Coco
                          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Coco-Nutter

Yep! Slips and slides are out of the way...time to dig in my paws and get 'er done! :danthin:

Comment

Newbies Nest

For a while there, the nest was starting to look like it was being taken over by the Irish - I see the Californians are on the up though

Hope everyone's been having a good day? I heard recently about a person I used to know who had major problems with AL - he's AF 6 months now, so good to hear cause he's such a sweet guy.

I'm back home too after many years away, and although I hardly know anyone other than my folks now, I have to say I like being home, where I grew up. I never thought I would say that when I was younger and dying to get away!!
                              AF since 13th July 2010
                              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone here and especially K9 - great to see you, I saw your thread and I know how strong you are and bloody well done! I know how much you must have hated going back to Day 1 but you know what you've done in the past - all that AF time, curing your liver and your brain - all still there, just a new start and the days do clock up again. I'm actually longer sober this time than I was Jan - May so I feel I'm in new territory again which is nice.
                                Nora - stick like glue woman!!! I really missed you around. Bet the car will be grand. My son bought a car a couple years ago sight unseen. No mechanic checked it - nothing, he just paid the money and drove off and it was a Brillo car, he never had a bit of trouble with it!
                                Enja, I bet loosing some weight will help solve the diabetes problem. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high everything that was supposed to be low and low everything that was supposed to be high! Within 2 weeks of giving up, everything (except the liver - it took a bit longer) was back to normal and I lost heaps of weight even tho I eat awful things now I used never eat - and I don't feel a bit guilty buying clothes cos all the money I'm saving - so there!!!!
                                Hey Fennel, Mere, Hardroad, Mama oh and Coco - 21 days that's fantastic, 'by george she's got it, she's really got it'!!!
                                Neart, good on ya with the 2 months and the soccer! I think the headaches seem to be related to the AD's I seem to get them for a couple of weeks every time he ups the dose so hoping they'll be gone soon, also a bit of tension I suppose, life has been a bit fraught lately - grand now but lots of stuff to work thro.
                                Welcome Disgruntled:welcome:let us know a bit about yourself, this is a great place with great people! Talk tomorrow folks
                                Molly
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X