Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Sarah
    You become a Senior Member when you hit 1000 posts, so get talking.lol.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening birdies,

Papa R-I just finished the dishes. My chores done!

Sunny-Glad to see you back safe and sounds. How's it going with the kid? Good I hope.

Sweety-22 days! Yes you can!

Horizon-I had to taper off before I quit. I went from vodka to beer. I was still drinking a lot. But I don't really like wine. So in my mind, anyway, I thought it made it better. Good luck.

SD-Who was that wild woman flying out of here in that funny looking hat? lol.

Maggie- :welcome: Glad to have you in the nest.

Sarah- :welcome: and congrats on 2 days.

Sea-I'm glad you didn't have to fight the snow to get to your interview. Hopefully the roads will be better by Thursday.

I hope everyone has a good evening. I'm just going to hang out on my favorite twig.
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, the nest is busy this evening! Very nice.

I am going to find a good twig. Is anyone watching 24 tonight? I need a twig near the TV!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi guys..

everyone in the nest sounds well.....i have been flitting about and very busy with work.
          We had lost of snow today....it was so beautiful.
          How are things in and out of the nest?
          ss...hope you are ok. sounds like alot of heavy stuff. stay grounded...and join me under the desk for chocolate anytime!
          sd....how are the emotions?
          sea...workin 9-5???? I just began the process of applying....i realize my current employer is a tad disfunctional.....it might be healthier to move on. Easier said then done....!goodluck on thurs.
          sweaty...af beer....treat it the same way as the real stuff....if you can mod...mod the af stuff or go without. For that just chillin feeling when I am going af.....i like to use juice or lemon water or even soda in very fancy stemware! That way I feel like a grown up while I just chill. I think it was you posing the question...hope I'm right.
          papa...how is your world? I got the northeast area of the nest all shoveled out for everyone. Hope the snow banks arent blocking your view!!
          I'm off to relax and watch my trashy tv show...the bachelor.
          bye for now...tweet tweet
          -withy:l
          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Day 23 and FINALLY feeling a physical benefit. Was really really tired last week, but am feeling quite 'chirpy' today.

Sea - I was sending 'good luck' vibes for your interview Lol! You need to put them in a jar and open them on Thursday.

Lilmea - I love that you call me sweety and not sweaty. x

Within - nope, am not going to bother with the AF beer again. I think one of my modding rules has to be no AL at home unless we're entertaining.

I'm nursing a burn I got while go-karting on Saturday - the fact that I'm allergic to the dressings is causing more trouble than the burn itself, and I'm a really really bad patient.

Hello to all I've missed. I'm off to enjoy Tuesday! Bx
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys..It sounds like everyone is doing well. Just checking in

Comment

Newbies Nest

So how do you finally go af for a night? I cannot remember

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good evening little ones....yes, nice to see a busy nest today. Sounds like everybody is off to a good start this week. It also looks like early tomorrow, somebody is going to post our 1,000 post!! Who will it be?? Who will be #1,000? Sleep tight little ones....sweet dreams about sitting on "the golden twig" as our 1,000 'poster'................
                  Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am here. I appreciate the back up.
                    :nutso::nutso:

Comment

Newbies Nest

HOLY WOW!!

There has been so many new comers lately it seems!!! That's great!!!:welcome:
                      I'm having a horrible time keeping up and keeping track of everyone!! I need to keep a notebook beside the computer and start taking notes....hey, I'm going to start doing that!!! I will never remember everything and everybody...maybe after awhile....
                      Within--as far as the emotions go...I'm trying to just keep the 'ol ex kind of at a distance...keep it very much about our son...I realize he still has the ability to hurt me emotionally, probably always will...better to keep him emotionally a little more distant than most.
                      The nest just seems so busy I don't even know where to begin...I feel like I've only been out of touch for a few days but have so much to catch up on!!! AHHH...sorry....I continue to read your posts Dill, Sea, Lil, SwEET, Sunny, Savon, UNG, Polar, PR and everyone else...so I know how you are doing...I promise I will be better at getting on more frequent and responding...your posts and trust me your responses and very important to me!!! :hug:
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can I get some help from the nest please..I do not want to venture out to look for advice from the rest of the site but if you feel that this post needs to be moved then I trust you guy's to do it.
                        I am from the U.K but have lived here in the U.S for a few years. I have medical insurance via my husbands work. I want to discuss my AL problems with a doctor but I am scared that #1 the insurance will drop me? #2 I will be classed as a high risk and the premiums will go up? #3My problem will become company knowledge?#4 The doc will be an ass!!
                        We have moved regularly from State to State in the U.S so I have not formed any long standing relationships with anyone that I can ask!!I would really like an informed answer to this as I want to begin to move forward and gain control of my life again.
                        Thank you in advance for any advice.
                        Blessings to you all. xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps,

PR-who's getting close to 1000. post and how can you tell??

SweAty-sorry bout that. Sometimes my glasses and the computer screen don't see "eye to eye" LOL! I hope that burn you got isn't too bad.

Horizon-I'm sorry, I really don't know what to tell you. I know others on the boards have talked about the same concerns. So if the other nesters can't help that maybe the way to go.

Texas, MDHW :welcome: Pull up a twig and make yourselves at home.

Hi Dill, Sea, SS, Within, Cracky, wake up! Time to start another day.

Coffee's on so help yourself and have a good day
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Ya'll,

I'm a newbie, but I don't post in the nest much. LilMia....hey buddy.

Savon, how you doing? Great I hope.

SDlovespackers.....it's hard to remember everybody, but if you love the Green Bay Packers then we are BFF's (Best Friends Forever) I love the packers even without Brett.

Horizon, I wish you the best in talking to a doctor. I've never heard of an insurance dropping you for discussing any issue with your doctor. I guess they can. Do not let your fear of loosing insurance stop you from talking to your doctor about your drinking. If they do a fasting blood work to check cholestrol, like my doctor, they will know if your liver enzyines are up meaning your liver may be in trouble. I suggest you get a physical including bloodwork and then wait to find out if you have any liver issues. That is what I did and it opened me up to tell my doctor about my drinking.

Remember what good is insurance if you are dead. I didn't mean that bad, but that is why we have insurance....to help us get the best medical care we can get. I don't know what you want to ask your doctor, but a doctor should be there to treat the patient. The advice I have given you is to make sure your liver is okay. If you want to be prescribed meds, I've never done that with my doctor.

Please check out the forums that has supplements in them. There are alot in there. Maybe someone will come along that can explain the supplements to you.
                            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Newbies Nest

texas52 and mdhw, WELCOME! We're all here to back each other up! We can use your help as well! As for going AF for one night, well, I don't think there is really any one answer to that question. Hopefully by this morning you have found out your way!
                              :welcome:
                              Hi SD, April, and Lil. Lil, the number of your post is posted in the top right corner of the post window.

Thanks for tucking us in last night, PR! Wow! Who will be the 1000th?! Keep your eye on the board and make it be YOU!

horizons: You expressed perfectly the reasons why many don't seek medical help. I can't tell you what to do, or whether or not your fears can become reality, but I doubt they would. I will tell you that I was in the same place as you and I finally decided I HAD to try talking to my doctor and see if any meds would help. I finally talked with her last August. The world did not end, my insurance didn't get cancelled. It still makes me nervous that it is a written record (in my chart) and there is a record with the pharmacy as to what drug I take, but, nothing bad has happened. I am not sure how effective the med I used (campral) was, because I ended up drinking through it, which defeats the purpose. I DO think it was helping, but I needed more personal determination and resolve. Anyhow. The other thing about talking to a physician was that she turned out to be COMPLETELY non-judgmental, and supportive and congratulated me on being so courageous. She made me feel better about things! I can't say all docs would be that way, but I bet many would. The other thing is, that in telling her, I had another reason to succeed. I didn't want to let the both of us down! I know she sincerely wants me to get better.
                              Well, Hope that helps.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill-Well duhhh! about the post! LOL!!!

Moony-glad to see you here this morning.
                                AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X