Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

i am very new

i made an appointment to see the doctor today..... the 3rd time within a month....all 3 times saying it was because of addiction...i cancelled the first 2 appointments...... today they got me into an appointment for tomorrow...unheard of really....and she asked...is it because of alchohol....i said yes....

no one gets into an appointment the next day....now i need to go and get some meds...just not sure what to ask for.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

maybe im posting on the wrong site

no one seems to be talking about serious issues here....maybe im just in the wrong place....again....as always

Comment

Newbies Nest

i was hoping for some advice

i want to ask the doctor for something to help with the cravings of alcohol....i really dont know what to do....im scared of the side effects of the drugs....but how crazy is that....all the damn side effects of alcohol and now im scared of drugs....

Comment

Newbies Nest

i feel so alone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi TigernParis.....yes you are in the right place. Welcome. I am so glad that you were able to get an appointment.
            There are different things to help with the cravings. It's hard to know what would be the best option for you. I tried Topamax and had some good result from that but it didn't help completely.
            I suggest that you talk to your Doctor and keep coming here and posting & reading and posting & reading. There are so many great resources here and some wonderful people.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy - Sure was glad to see you! I have missed you. I am glad that you are getting there. I know what you mean about that black pit. Been there. Finally feeling like I'm pulling out of it. Funny when you talk about the addiction of MWO. Yes - I have that too. And, I have that in other things. Something that I am learning. I am still seeing my Therapist and learning some good tools. Anyway, so glad that you dropped in. Don't stay a stranger. You are missed.

Paps - So good to talk to you too!! And, I have to find that lemonade that you are talking about. Is it frozen, powder or what? I love lemonade and need something low sugar and caffeine free to try.

Neart, Fluff, Hardroad - Hope things are well.

TigernParis - Let us know how your Doctor's appointment goes. :h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi TigernParis,

Welcome. Good on you for making that appointment with your doctor. It may seem very daunting however I can guarantee if you have a good doctor you will feel so relieved to have finally opened up to someone. Just admitting you have a problem to someone is a relief too. I am sure the doctor will know what to recommend.
                If you havent already, read the book (available from this site or bookstores) as she talks about the different medications on offer. The book was written a couple of years ago, so there maybe something new. Quite a few of us have tried the different meds, baclofen, topamax, antabuse just to name a few. I personally didnt want to take one drug to relieve another one, but it purely personal choice. It's not an easy journey but with hard work it is possible to break away from the clutches of alcohol.
                Nora's advice to keep coming here too is a good one as this place has literally saved my life. I had 30 years of drinking and it is only now that I am finally learning how to live without the numbing effects of it.
                There is a thread that discusses the different drugs available so it is just a matter of find a thread that interests you or answers your questions.
                Please dont feel alone anymore, you have come to a place where we all know what you are feeling and have been where you are now. There is no ridicule or shame here. We all understand.
                Take care and visit us again soon.
                Hippy
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,
                  Hi TigernParis, Glad to see you here. I can only agree wholeheartedly with Hippy and Nora about this website. You can find out if there are people on line whenever you log in by looking at New Posts. I know what you mean about the taking drugs to help stop addictions to another drug. It feels a bit stupid but I agree with Hippy, once I decided to rid my body of chemicals, I just stuck to the supplements recomended in the MY Way Out Book and did the hypotherapy. Iam 5 1/2 months alcohol free now.

It's funny, my attitude to al has changed drastically from "I'm never going to be able to drink again, poor me" to "Why would I put that into my system?"
                  I have just recently started thinking about why anyone drinks alcohol, it's not the taste because you can get that from non al drinks but they are not the same. It really is the buzz everyone is looking for when they have a wine or a beer or whatever. It's the kick, and isn't that the same kick as junkies get from their drug of choice? Mmmmmm, what does anyone else think?

Tant
                  Tant
                  AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I am back after a couple of weeks. I fell of the wagon, but I did find a doctor that does strictly med management and got a prescript for Campral 333mgs x 2_ 3X a day. Also Lorazapam. I have a muti vitamin and a b complex as the doc suggested. I have only taken it for 2 days and I do not feel the cravings as much. I only had 2/3 a beer and 4oz of wine. Did not really feel like having anymore than that. That is quit a change from 1/2 a 5th of liqour, or 1 bottle of wine with about 2 beers a night. However, I was hoping all cravings would go away. Has anything like this happened to any of ya'll?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree that your health professional is the one to consult about what to take to help with the cravings. I want to try antabuse but my liver may not be up to the task, so I'm waiting till 5th of Oct when i see my psych.
                      This is a wonderful site, and you will always receive the encouragement and support you need.
                      Best wishes
                      Mish
                      :h Mish :h
                      sigpic
                      Never give up...
                      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                      Remaining a perpetual possibility
                      Only in a world of speculation.
                      What might have been and what has been
                      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all- Tigernparis- hope you are okay-and not so alone-
                        Hippy- I know what you are saying about going back to drinking yet seeing it with a new perspective and I now am thinking about it in the way that Tantangra says- " why would I put that stuff in my body"?
                        Hippy you asked how I am doing-Just so you know I am journaling my experience in the forum-"Tell us Your Story"-this has helped me a lot-seeing how my quit is progressing on a daily basis- and being accountable for it-
                        Tiffster- Glad you are finding a way to deal with those cravings-hope it helps you!
                        Hi NoraC and Mishmash!
                        Hope you all have a super sober Thursday!
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,

This is my first time posting on the Newbies Nest so Hello to everyone and I'll start checking in every now and again (it's difficult knowing where to go at first!)

TigernParis - hope you are okay and still posting, why not start your own thread asking for help and you will get a lot of responses, sometimes when it's on another thread it gets lost, I'll look out for you.

Dewdrop :h
                          Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

Fluff - I will check out your journal. I wish I had started one when I first started purely for myself. I think it would help me realise how far I have come since January.

Welcome to the nest Dewdrop (thats what some friends at high school used to call me because my name is Julie!!). I think we need instructions when we first come to MWO as it can be confusing. But we all started at the same place, so we know what it feels like. Ask anything - someone will come up with an answer.

Tant - well done on 5 1/2 months, thats fantastic!

Tiger - are you still hanging in there?

Last day of the week, so enjoy the weekend and come back sober on Monday.
                            Hip
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'll start out the nest today...!
                              How is everybody doing? Hope you all have a super-Sober Friday- and make it a sober weekend as well! We are all in this TOGETHER !
                              Luv, Fluff
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry haven't had service while @ hospital taking care of my client, it is suppose to work fine their but my co-worker and I have had no luck! Thanks for starting Fri. out because I am so mixed up this week didn't even know what day it was. I have just been exhusted with the longer drive and really am not doing much but sitting on the most uncomfortable chairs and something they call a bed and hate to say my butt barley fits. Anywho hope to be AF today but am fighting the thought of sitting back and havin (1?) Lucky will have to work Sat. too and might feel like staying home. Good Luck All! :welcome: to newbies :happy:

Comment

Working...
                                X