Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Pat, deffo the right place - actually there is no 'right' place, post wherever you like, read around and you'll see where you feel most comfortable and Nellie:hallo:, pretty much everyone here as had several 'Day 1's', the trick is to make them count - remember how rotten it feels, disappointed in ourselves etc. and then vow not to go there again, it works!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, day 1 AGAIN for me. Had a rough weekend but feel a bit better and more positive as I am back at work today. I am going to start to read and post more, a wise man told me to. (thanks, you know who you are!)

ODAT, nellie, but being sober till at least Friday was the challenge that I set myself this morning, let's do it together and then on Friday we can maybe support each other over the weekend?

Hope everyone has a happy and sober week! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Fightingback, I too find reading and posting here can be truly great support. Great idea Nellie and yourself having your own 'challenge'. It is no cliche - ODAT is probably the biggest lesson I have learnt on here - we can deal with ANYTHING if it is just a day! Great to see this place hopping!
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks molly, I think it is finally sinking into my stupid brain how valuable this place is. It is really encouraging to see so many success stories too, and I like to think one day that will be me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Id like to join that challenge as well Nellie and FB, make it through till friday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Candotoo and Nellie C- Yes the 5:00 "bing" after a long day at the office and being in charge I think "ah I can go home and have a glass of wine." Not this week though!
              Thanks for the advice on taking L-Glut earlier in the day - can you buy it at health food stores or supplement stores?
              Yes a week without wine is a week with a clear conscious, energy and positive emotion! Happy sober Monday to all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!!!!! Great to have some positive motivation here. Come on folks - we can do one day at a time!!!!

Welcome Pat:welcome: This is a great place to start and be sure to check out the other threads too.

I have a big container of the powdered L-Glutamine that my son got at the Vitamin Shop. I think you can probably get it at any supplement store. He uses it after he works out.

I really need to start using it again because I am going overboard on the sugar. :H So, I better try that again.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Im doing good here tonight. Going to watch a few films and go to bed early and drink water!

Comment

Newbies Nest

my first sober day in 20 years was yesterday. I am a high functioning alcoholic that consumes ALOT of alcohol between 6-9pm. This forum, the MWO suppliments, CDs, Topomax and the special people who kept encouraging me to try is what led to my first day. Today is number two.

To all of you who are reading and just thinking about it, I encourage you to dive in and post away...post your fears, post your frustrations, ask questions, private message people, ask for phone numbers, join the chat sessions in the evenings...in other words...START!

There is no judgement here and I can truly attest to that. Remember...

You are only as sick as the secrets you keep:welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Pat!!! That's the way to do it. Believe me - I had a LOT of early nights.

Trap - Yahoo!!! I knew you would do it. So proud of you. :l:l

Let's keep on keeping on everyone!!! One day at a time or even one minute at a time. Sometimes that is what it takes. :h
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mere, Cando, Pat, Nellie and F Back - Hi you wonderful veterans for helping us through - Nora and Molly.

Just wanted you newbies to know that I am 21 days AF today because of this site and the people like Nora and Molly who help us along. Their words of encouragement are invaluable because they're a little further down the road.

Sounds like a lot of us are the 5pm start up drinkers. I'm like most of you here -- functioned (even though it was extremely painful with a hangover virtually every day) but was miserable in my little rut.

If you will take the time to read and post (A LOT) this site can work wonders for you. Reading the MWO book, listening to the tapes for abstaining, etc. - all the advice in the Tool Box, etc. There is a wealth of information here and fantastic people to bounce things off of.

We are all with you. And, someday you won't be quite so new!! Just hang in there - it is so worth it.:welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,

Just dropped in to encourage and welcome the newbies to MWO. I havent posted on this page for ages and it is fantastic to see so many new faces. JUst to update on my own situation and let others know that there is hope, I was a daily drinker...from the time I opened my eyes till the time I passed out (anytime)...residential rehab twice (thrown out for drinking), day rehab for six months; 12 hospital admissions(poisoning), 2 DUI's, almost went to jail, had to sell my much loved business because I ran it into the ground drinking on the job. The good news is that I have now been sober for 3 months and my life has turned around 100% If you think that this is tough, I say yes it is, but staying drunk and unhappy is much harder. Throw yourself into sobriety head first, the rewards are immense, give it everything you have got. Much strength and love to everyone, Saffx
                          I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Newbies Nest

pat hoolie;989093 wrote: Id like to join that challenge as well Nellie and FB, make it through till friday.
                            Please do join in Pat, the more the merrier. Sitting here having a cup of earl grey before bed, so looking forward to waking with a clear head tomorrow! See you on here tomorrow!

This thread is incredible, a great mix of people and situations and useful tips, advice and encouragement. Thanks to you all (too many to name!)

Trapped Dad, well done!

Hey, if I did it today, I can do it tomorrow, right?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to all!
                              Good to hear folks stories and us newbies who are starting out. I realized on the way home from a meeting that because of this site I have more AF days under my belt then the last 10 years!
                              An "aha" moment today - I've been in an organization where area business people come together and are assigned a team to work on a project. I have been on a team for over a year that never worked from the get go - the coach of the team somewhat threw up his hands and let the "bullies" of the group just go for it. So my coping was "tipsy and quiet." Tonight at one of the meetings they were all drinking wine (of course how else did they get along?) and I said "no thanks." Wow the feeling that came up for me after over a year of being ignored, treated disrespectfully, etc., etc., just made me not want to be around them. So I did my best for the main part of the evening and excused myself graciously at the right time.
                              Whew the things I've done to "get along......"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Mere!!!!:goodjob:

Hey all - Good job on the 'till Friday challenge. That's the way to do it! One day at a time.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X