Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:new:I've always been fairly strict with waiting for the small hand to hit the 8 at night but lately I've been craving a glass of wine at 5 or 6. I think that's when I really knew I had a problem to deal with. I'm so sick of waking up in a fog and feeling like crap all day every day and lately I have been waking up with my neck so stiff and sore that I can't move it for hours (from passing out in one position I think). I don't enjoy life at all anymore and it's time to stop making bad choice after bad choice. I have the most amazing family and a great life. I can't believe I treat myself this way. I've always been so secretive about everything so I'm hoping this site will help me be more honest. People are so encouraging and positive here, it's very refreshing. Wish me luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Candotoo - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! :welcome:
      Congratulations on realizing that you need to change. That is such an important first step.
      I recommend getting on here and reading & posting and reading & posting. Learn all you can. Jump in and ask questions! We all understand. You are not alone. :h
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

...day 2 and have no worries about making it to day three. i am determined to beat this. i am convinced there is a wonderful real me under this haze. i had and have so much potential just got to see this through. getting to friday then plan to start a new challenge immediately. thanks guys for all the support going to try and come on every day and post something even if its not deep and meaningful!

1st goal: 100 days
        2nd goal: 1 year
        ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. Day 2, and no fuzzy head, woohoo!

Well done on saying 'no' mere, that must have taken a lot of guts!

Nellie, I hear ya, making it to Friday and then a new challenge, my first AL free weekend in forever perhaps? I don't want to get ahead of myself though, just ODAT for now.

Candoo, welcome! I can totally relate to everything you said in your post, that's why I am here!

Reading through some threads last night and one of the most powerful messages I got came from an article someone posted. (Sorry, I should have saved the details I'll try to find it.)

It said we must tell ourselves I will not drink today....NO MATTER WHAT. It went on to talk about changing the way we think about AL and it really hit a chord with me. So, for today, my day 2.....I will not drink today, NO MATTER WHAT!

(amd it really feels good to say it!) Good luck everyone, keep posting here, and to the veterans, thank you so much for your valuable words of advice and encouragement, you know how much they mean to us !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
            Watch Saw 3D Online Free

Comment

Newbies Nest

LYLY, ABSOLUTELY!!! :welcome:

You have found an good spot. I too am fairly new here (22 days alcohol free) and I attribute it to this website. Do stick here for sure. Of course, you can go to any of the threads. But, starting out here is good because you'll be with others just starting. Also, the veterans will find you here and they have invaluable advice. For me, the support of the people on this site is what is keeping me from drinking. I'm getting stronger every day and feeling fantastic. Everything in my life has gotten so much better -- I could write a book.

Anyway, read everything you have time for on the site. Buy the MWO out book if you haven't already. Then just let everyone know your questions and concerns - they will be here for you.

Choochie
              p.s. Be sure to visit the other threads because the information is spread out throughout the site. One important stop should be the Tool Box under Monthly Abstinence. Other good threads too, though, so you'll just have to spend time searching and reading.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!
                So good to hear everyone's committment - from Nora C, Can do, Fighting back, Lyly and thanks for your encouragement Choochie- Day 3 for me and had the best sleep last night! Awesome!
                So I hope everyone has a good AF day knowing your a person underneath the haze of al that we put ourselves through.
                Lyly you are definitely welcome here! We are all here for the same reason- I get so much support and learn so much about this bizarre hold al has on us.
                Great day to all@

Comment

Newbies Nest

lyly10388;989760 wrote: Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
                  Definitely! Welcome Lyly!

Choochie;989791 wrote: LYLY, ABSOLUTELY!!! :welcome:

You have found an good spot. I too am fairly new here (22 days alcohol free) and I attribute it to this website. Do stick here for sure. Of course, you can go to any of the threads. But, starting out here is good because you'll be with others just starting. Also, the veterans will find you here and they have invaluable advice. For me, the support of the people on this site is what is keeping me from drinking. I'm getting stronger every day and feeling fantastic. Everything in my life has gotten so much better -- I could write a book.

Anyway, read everything you have time for on the site. Buy the MWO out book if you haven't already. Then just let everyone know your questions and concerns - they will be here for you.

Choochie
                  p.s. Be sure to visit the other threads because the information is spread out throughout the site. One important stop should be the Tool Box under Monthly Abstinence. Other good threads too, though, so you'll just have to spend time searching and reading.
                  22 days is AWESOME Choochie, well done! :goodjob:

mere;989816 wrote:
                  Good morning all!
                  So good to hear everyone's committment - from Nora C, Can do, Fighting back, Lyly and thanks for your encouragement Choochie- Day 3 for me and had the best sleep last night! Awesome!
                  So I hope everyone has a good AF day knowing your a person underneath the haze of al that we put ourselves through.
                  Lyly you are definitely welcome here! We are all here for the same reason- I get so much support and learn so much about this bizarre hold al has on us.
                  Great day to all@
                  Well done mere! Day 3 for me now too, had a very busy and challenging day yesterday, (the kind of day that would usually see me 'rewarding' myself with a drink for coping with!)

I am feeling good about my mini-challenge to myself to staying AL free till at least Friday and working from there. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in to say that I hope everyone is doing well and reaching their AF goals! I'm 22 days today (yea) and feeling strong - not to mention healthy, vibrant, alive, calm, serene, happy, rested (the list goes on).

Stay strong everyone!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Choocie! I love the adjectives you use - all so true if one can just get out of that haze! For me it was feeling too crappy from the night before so I'd have another glass of wine to "feel better!" LOL! What a vicious cycle but once I can get off that merry go round "wow" what a night's sleep and to wake up with my full faculties!
                      Day 4 for me and this is where I start feeling cocky so I best take one step at a time today and tonight - first evening I have nothing planned. So I'll check in this evening during the "witching hour."
                      To all I hope you meet your goal today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

feel great, feel strong

Day three today. Normally we persuade ourselves (my and my hubby) that as its happy hump day (i.e. mid week) we 'deserve a drink'....how stupid.... not even close to feeling like i want need or 'deserve' one. i can honestly say that I have can see why non drinkers don't see alcohol as a 'reward' - they'd rather something else. so i have treated myself to this months copy of marie clare without an ounce of guilt....! x

1st goal: 100 days
                        2nd goal: 1 year
                        ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me Again Everyone -

I think I'm starting some "break through" thinking. I'm starting to feel as if not only am I not missing out on anything by not drinking, but that even if I could moderate I wouldn't choose to do so because:

- even a couple of drinks makes me feel blah (for some reason the yippee feeling isn't there - maybe because I've been drinking for so long???)
                          - even a small amount of alcohol makes me tired and edgy now (not fun like it was many moons ago)

I think we associate al as something positive when it is in fact a negative............we have to retrain our brain to see things as they truly are.

And, for me, the slightest amount of AL changes my sleep to very poor versus:

FANTASTIC SLEEP WHEN I GO TO BED SOBER!
                          Cheers to being AF today!
                          :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why to reward yourself Nellie! Coochie I totally get what you mean by sleeping so well - such a motivator!
                            Well I had "that feeling" at around 4 this evening - like maybe I'll have wine tonight. And then I realized I was hungry and was going to try and do too much after work which would stress me out and "if I have wine I won't really notice..." Ah once again doing things I don't really want/need to do but pushing myself so since I'm pushing myself I'll have a drink so I can enjoy it or numb it out.
                            BUT I went to the gym, bought a get up for Halloween at the office and came home and ate.
                            So I made it through my day 4. Hope all do well this evening. See you in the morning!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great Job Mere!!

Great going everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

lyly, why you selling saw 3D?
                                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X