Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

jennyneric;994806 wrote: Feel down alittle, I did not make it through monday AF but today is Tuesday and it's never to late. I always start out in the morning very determined but by 5 or 6 the determination has waned and we all know the ending of that story but, it's morning and here we go again. I hope today is the day. I can get there I know it.:sigh:
    Don't be too hard on yourself hun, no one said it was going to be easy! You are trying, that's the main thing. Tuesday is a perfect day to start afresh, and just for today, give yourself a break. Let your body and your mind feel the benfits of being AL free for today.....and then tomorrow.who knows. ODAT and if it comes down to it, an hour at a time or ten minutes at a time. You CAN do this jenny!

Comment

Newbies Nest

nellie78;994831 wrote: hi everyone

hope all of you are ok. im feeling a bit crap today but have even managed to find a positive in that i know its not because of the booze - have a poorly tummy. so on very plain food for a few days i think. hubby is away til fri and i am working/looking after children so busy busy. have absolutely no desire to drink. on the herbal tea big style and keeping up with the l glut for the sugar cravings (don't have any). so despite feeling poorly, feeling good if you know what i mean...? can relate to the good sleep/wierd sleep thing. am finding im having lots of full on dreams but overall sleeping a lot deeper and a lot better. thanks for all the mutual support everyone! my goal this week is to make it to fri completely al free and nothing fri with one or max two glasses on sat. xx
      Sorry about your tummy nelly, stick with the herbal tea and take care! My goal again is to reach Friday AL free, it was great that you and I were on the same page last week, here's to another! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi FB & Nellie -
        Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly but "I know what you mean." Yes isn't dreaming again wonderful! And the deep sleep even though sometimes (like last night) there are odd awakenings - although I think that is there and has been for many years. I get up and have a warm glass of milk read a bit and go back to sleep.
        I'm a bit "blah" today but realized last evening I need some exercise. What with all of this sleeping and better eating I have energy to burn!
        Here's to an AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah....Tuesday without a hangover. Who'd a thunk it? Slept well - thought I had some melatonin left from last time, but nope. Took a benedryl and it helped me sleep. Woke up at the alarm if you can believe it. I have done this before - thus the name Wagoneer - I keep jumping on and off the wagon - but this time I feel a little different. Don't know what it is. More scared I guess. I was finding myself drinking because my work is so stressful, but it certainly did not help. I would drink a bottle of wine a night and noticed that it would effect me more than usual. And not in a good way. I never drive if I drink, don't miss work, etc. But I know that I need to cool it. Plus, the money spent on it really adds up. Maybe my cheapness will help in my sobriety! Christmas is coming and we have three kids! Anyway, I am thankful for starting my day two and wish everyone well. Have a wonderful day!

K
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone - just wanted to drop in and wish you all a happy AF day! Or, if you're modding, wishing you the best with that. Tried it for years and didn't work for me, Feeling great at 29 days AF (yea)!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi guys

yep here's to week 2 'fighting back', good to know there's someone out there sharing this. going to try and resist temptation to stay up and watch too much crap telly. bowl of bran flakes and a cuppa then off to bed x

1st goal: 100 days
              2nd goal: 1 year
              ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Newbies Nest

Struggling tonight guys, really I expected this last week, not on day 8! I am going to have a hot bath and I'll phone my OH who is working away for the next few days...maybe that's why the urge is so strong. I always drink loads when he's away. Anyway, it's a bummer but I am trying hard. All the old thoughts are flooding back into my brain. 'you have done so well, you deserve it' etc etc
                'not working tomorrow, what harm can a glass of wine do?'

No, I deserve better! Trying really hard, it's an hour till the local shop closes.... no AL in the house but that shop is a five minute walk away...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fighting back, I know how that feels, I hope you make it through. I wish I had more help to give and as soon as I figure out a way I will be the first to offer the key's to the gate but so far nothing! You can do it! Look at all the people just like us that already have!
                  You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                  Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Newbies Nest

FB Fight Back! i can relate I had such an urge to go pick up a bottle of wine on the way home from work (my long time patter) but kept looking at that and the thought of going into the cheap little corner store made me stop and I realized i was hungry. So I made it now chewing on a tootsie roll pop.
                    Way to go Choochie, Nellie and Wagoneer! Here's to an AF Tuesday and another good nights sleep.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks jenny and mere, I made it. Had my bath, chatted to my OH and watched some telly. Took my herbal sleep aid too cos I thought I wouldn't sleep, but I did! Day 9

Comment

Newbies Nest

FB, Mere, Nellie, ICan, Wagonner Jenny and all you other aspiring abbers - good Wednesday morning.

Mere - good point about being hungry and way to go for not giving in! I always eat if I'm having an al craving. Figure even junk is better than al! And, of course, don't want to get the cycle going again. Remember that AA acronym - HALT meaning when you're having a craving you are probably either hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. Then, fix that instead of imbibing!!

FB so glad you were able to resist too and congrats on day 9!

Looking forward to the satisfaction of another AF day. Day 30 for me (yea)!!

Choochie:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Choochie;995521 wrote: FB, Mere, Nellie, ICan, Wagonner Jenny and all you other aspiring abbers - good Wednesday morning.

Mere - good point about being hungry and way to go for not giving in! I always eat if I'm having an al craving. Figure even junk is better than al! And, of course, don't want to get the cycle going again. Remember that AA acronym - HALT meaning when you're having a craving you are probably either hungry, angry, lonely, or tired. Then, fix that instead of imbibing!!

FB so glad you were able to resist too and congrats on day 9!

Looking forward to the satisfaction of another AF day. Day 30 for me (yea)!!

Thanks Coochie, and congrats on day 30, you should be very, VERY proud of yourself! Your posts have been a great help to me so :thanks: and :goodjob: and oh, what the hell have a hug as well! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

FB - gosh you've made my day. Thank you so much for letting me know that I've helped you. I hope we'll be here for a long time, encouraging one another and reminding each other of how wonderful a thing being AF is!

Sending you strength and peace and big hugs!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi guys

still doing well with the booze. having a bit of a poo day but think its hormonal. going to stop feeling sorry for myself and get out of the house to finish my christmas shopping. hubby away and i just need a big hug. grandparents have peed me off (my in laws). my own gorgeous mum and dad passed away 11 years ago when i was 20 and its always around the christmas season i miss them most. it particularly to do with the comparisons i make between the grandparents they would have been with the grandparents my children have got. just invited the whole clan for new year and it got turned down as my mother in law is taking her other grand daughters to pantomime. my daughter would have loved to go and there is no way my own mum would have left her out. i felt so sad... anyhoo my lovely lovely sis cheered me up and we're going to take my daughter to one anyway. i suppose its all down to me, my hubby and the family who do care to make it all magical for her.... such is life.... x on the alcohol front though its quite nice not to feel numb anymore - i dont know if any other women feel this but im finding proper 'emotions' starting to emerge - good and bad. i can't remember ever feeling hormonal or weepy when i was on a bottle of vino a night... which is weird as i thought alcohol was meant to make you emotional. i think it had the opposite effect on me - i.e. masked all my true emotions - i just couldn't be bothered and not much seemed to affect me. im rambling so i'll go now but just trying to see the positives in a dark moment!!! x take care, i'll be ok!

1st goal: 100 days
                              2nd goal: 1 year
                              ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job FB and congratulations to you Coochie! Thanks for the reminder of HALT although I've found that if my mind is made up to drink I usually do it. So I do think this giving up the booze has so much to do with the mind and mind over matter....at least for me.
                                Nellie I can totally relate to the numbing feeling. I numbed stress, loneliness and AL gave me a false sense of happiness. Yesterday I had a blah day as well - and of course started thinking of drinking wine at the end of the day but didn't which would have made my blah day a blah night and a crappy AM.
                                As for the other grandparents - I've been there with the "other grandparents." Kids grow up and they figure things out and your right you just have to do for your children what you want and not expect the others to be like your folks would have been.
                                I woke up early and thought "crap am I hungover?" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nope.
                                Have a good day you all!

Comment

Working...
                                X