Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sam - saw you on another thread and sent you a message there.

Misty - glad you're with us. Tons of advice if you can take the time to read! It is so worth it.

Let us know if we can help but in the meantime be sure to visit the Tools section under Monthly Abstinence.

Sending you guys strength!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sam and Misty, glad to see you've both landed in the nest - best place in the world when starting out here!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all glad to say i've got over my saturday night now on day 7AF .
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Madmans - way to go overcoming the Saturday night temptation. Weekends can be hard for sure. :l

YEA - ONE WEEK - NOW THAT'S A BIG HURDLE - CONGRATS AND STAY STRONG!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone

Madmans, well done on getting over your first weekend! That was a huge hurdle for me to get over last week, you should be very proud!

Happy to report that although the champagne and wine were indeed flowing, I stuck to water, had fun and left early with my OH (who was incredibly supportive!)

Day 13 today, I am amazed that I haven't had a drink in so long. I don't know what the future holds so sticking to ODAT for now, I can't think too far ahead just yet...

so it's early Sunday evening here, OH is catching a flight in a couple of hours and I feel kinda jittery at the thought of being alone tonight. But I will not drink...I know if I did I would drink till I pass out and I really don't want to feel that bad. Not again.

Gonna take some of my herbal sleep remedy and get an early night I think.

I hope everyone is doing okay, whether modding or abstaining for now...good luck to everyone and hang tough! xxxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

FB - Woohoo on 13 days - wonderful. I promise you it gets better and better. You gotta be looking forward to the 2-week marker!!

Sending you strength and a big hug.

Choochie:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks choochie, I am more bewildered than anything else! This place has helped hugely....I have cravings right now, didn't have them yesterday when I was surrounded by the stuff but for some reason today is harder. Hanging in there though.

:thanks: :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - Fighting Back, for a long time when I started trying to be sober I used to think if my Hubs would only go away somewhere I could drink 'and noone would know'! I really used to think that - luckily he never went anywhere!
                  Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks choochie and fighting back dont want to think about next weekend as we have a social event i cant get out of but tomorrow is monday not saturday, odat. fb 13 days is great roll on 14. hi molly looks like the bad weather is not going to be as bad as first thought
                    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Beginning to pee down here tho MM!

Comment

Newbies Nest

yea raining here too, out on the west coast but forcasters think we will miss the worst of it. pity i love a good storm one more reason to tie the cat to the wall (only joking )
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haha, I'm laughin to myself cos hubs kept ringing me all day telling me how to tie the chicken house up!! I thought you lot on the West coast were to get the worst of it? I'm in Dublin
                          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all cat lovers out there the cat is fine untied it this morrning and posted it up to molly to sleep with her chicken's, this cat loves chickens. also for anyone that followed the VASELINE IS LETHAL thread i did give the cats teeth a good polish with vaseline.its looking very smart shiny teeth, very shiny
                            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I blew it. Bought wine, drank a bottle and then had a couple of vodkas on top of it. Needless to say I feel like shit today, let myself down big time.

It's my own fault, I caved. Not going to drink today though, going in to work and it serves me right to feel this bad. Will I ever learn?

Trying desperately to look for a positive, I had 13 AL free days where before I would be lucky to have two. Back on board today, ODAT....and if any of you newbies are thinking about it, just imagine how awful I feel today and don't do it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just stopping by to say hi and have a great af Monday.

FB - sorry you took a dive - hoping you can get back up and start again. All I know is you have to have a plan and really want to be AF. The veterans have better advice on how to do this. Wishing you luck - as you've alread realized, I think, it's just not worth it. I know some of the old timers will come along here with some possible ideas for you if you want them. Big hugs - sending you strength.

Tina, Madmans, Mere, ICan, IFuL, Wagoneer, hope you are all still with us and having success in your quest!

Hugs,
                                Choochie - hope I didn't miss anyone!!:l

Comment

Working...
                                X