Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Okay Dill...hope I'm not too late.....goodnight to you and all your siblings here. We are as one and it's true, ALL contributed to the revitalization of the nest....enjoy your night my little ones and I'll see ya in the morning....here's to the next 1,000.
    PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight Guys
      I just got home from my AA meeting, and believe it or not, most of the focus was on Pot. Guess I really needed to hear that. I struggle with that even worse than alcohol, but I don't share about it on here. It was a great meeting. It is Damn freezin here. Wind Chill 10F. You must be as sick of hearing it as I am of typing it. Patriots PJ's on and Patriot's blanket in place. Sweet dreams all. Whose in the race for 4000 posts??? Any takers.LOL
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea--
        It sounds weird but I guess for me...pot is just a "no, no"...I just have too much too lose (education, career, most important my son)...plus it being illegal and all...trust me, I don't judge though....I did WAY WAY too much of it in my college days (and probably too much after) than I should have....funny, nobody but my roommate would have ever guessed it though....knowing what I know now about myself and my addictive personality I'd be so afraid to even sample in that arena anymore....somedays I wonder how I have even made it this far in life....anyone else stop and ever have those thoughts???? Kind of a weird thought to end the night on but....Sea just brought up a thought from my past with that post.....time to curl up on a compfy twig....g'd night!! :l Deep thoughts by SD.....:H
        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
        7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

well, bummer!

I graciously hand over the 1000th poster award to Sunshine and...like so many politicians recently--ask your heartfelt forgiveness at my duplicity.

Poor me :H I didn't win the singing contest on vacation either. I hope I can recover from this devastating fall from grace.. and I accept my time out. :b&d:

The only redeeming feature is that Sunshine gets bragging rights :H

Hope everyone has a great day. Battling more drama in my life. Grad classes are killing me. ork is horrid, husband is annoying me, Huge conflict with enabling sister about Mommie Dearest. My sister is in the hospital and psycho mom makes it all about herself. Unpleasant conversation with her, so I think--for my own needs and issues--it is back to no dialogue with her.

Taking my Supps and hot baths so much I am all wrinkly. Hanging in there, though.

:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Last Call-

Day 4 AF begins, and I have to rush out. I will message you later this afternoon when we are both NOT DRINKING!!!!

Listened to hypnosis tape, and am exercising, but have done that before.

CONFIDENCE!!!!
            I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeplests,

Papa R-You sound as if you are feeling better and getting plenty of rest. Thanks for tucking us all in last night.

Sea-Are you dug out from all that snow you had? You have an interview today and tomorrow right? Are the roads in pretty good shape to drive?

SD-I often thing about how amazing it is that I have made it this far in life. I do believe in guardian angles and I'm sure I must have kept at least a dozen or more busy during my life.

Lasty, Horizon, Sarah, Yoga-Hang in there you guys. It does get better.And it is so worth it.

SS-Hope things are going well with you and your son. It must be an adjustment.

UNG-Welcome back! You have been missed!

Dilly-I know you will probably be here soon. I hope you have a great day at work. Stay strong and keep on keeping on.

The coffee is on. So all you peepers have a great day!
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peepers! I smell the coffee. MMMmmm., Thanks Lil!

I second the thought about wondering how we made it this far. I, for one, am glad I did! Glad you are all here in the nest, too!

SD, I'm with you on the pot. I keep my addictions legal! lol! No judgment here, just fear of the consequences to self and family! Had a good friend go through that nightmare and it was devastating.

Good luck on the interviews, Sea. And I think luck on the weather is about to improve for many of us. Hang on! 4000 posts?!! I don't think I have a shot!

Thanks for the tuck in PR! I had my eyes closed, and was pretending to be asleep because I was too tired to speak! But, I knew you were there.

Have a great day, everyone!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day All
                  The coffee is great. I am all dug out and need to get ready to go to my first interview. Didn't mean to shake up the nest with the Pot talk. It is just a struggle for me. Perhaps they have a forum for that.lol.
                  It is Damn freezing here again today, but we are expecting a little warm up in a few days.
                  I will let you all know how it goes. I do hope not to be kicked out of the nest for being dually addicted. I am truly working on both and I love you guys.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea-no worries on dual addictions. I can't take pain pills. I have my own history with drugs back about 20 years ago. Sometimes I think I could get addicted to toothpicks!!! LOL!

Good luck on your interview. We'll be cheering you on here in the nest.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning birdlings!

Hmmm... I have to admit I never even smoked a joint in my life. The original good girl here I guess :H Actually, I had at least SOME insight, even as a young whippersnapper and was deathly afraid of drugs and becoming hooked. I always knew that I had an addictive personality; there was never a question in my mind. How on earth I could let AL take over at this stage in life... I have no clue.

As for 'how did I make it this far in life' - my thoughts sometimes are more along the lines of 'how did I get here?' - I mean a girl from some backass small town in Germany, cruising Canadian highways in a Jaguar... that sorta thing... :H

Sea, my dear... I'm crossing fingers, toes, eyes for you - go nail that interview today (and tomorrow's, too!)

UNG... how are you feeling, luv? ASIDE from having to hand over the golden twig? :H

Lilmea... addicted to toothpicks :H If that only were our problem, huh?

Sarah... Props on day 4 - arm yourself with everything you got - day 4 has brought me to my knees more than once.

Papa... always so good to 'see' you. :l

And now, I shall get dressed *ahem* damn good thing the boss bitch is half blind (that would be me) - but we're getting that looked at this afternoon. Optometrist appointment for myself and my daughter. And getting my son's Social Insurance Number so he can get a job and start paying me back all the money he owes me. And get him some new clothes - the stuff he brought is in dreadful shape.

You all have a wonderful day - be good, be safe, be sober

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good morning little ones....Sea, don't feel bad at all about sharing your 'pot situation'....yeah, this is an alcohol forum, but hey, in my opinion, an addiction is an addiction. Whatever the form it may take, it ruins lives and is in need of help and support. This is 'an equal opportunity nest', where help is offered for whatever somebody happens to be going through in their life. Personally, Sun, I'm with you. I thought I was the only person in the world, in their late 40's who had never tried pot.....heck, to be honest, I've never tried ANY illegal drug of any kind....ever.....now drinking....that's a different story, and why I'm here. Gotta go do a little hiking so I'll talk to y'all later.
                        Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Personally, Sun, I'm with you. I thought I was the only person in the world, in their late 40's who had never tried pot.....
                          :shocked:
                          EXCUSE ME!!!??!!!!!
                          I am NOT in my LATE
                          forties!
                          Sheeeesh. :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

I wasn't implying.......ah jeez....won't try to explain......Upnorth, move over, I need to join you on the TOT............and Sun, you are the picture of beauty....all 29 years of you.....
                            PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Much betters! :H
                              A blatant lie.. but betters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

WHOA! I'm keeping my head down for awhile!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X