Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone, I hope you are well. Choochie, nice work on the 50 days. May it be the first of many. You should be proud of yourself. Fightingback, keep adding those days together, great work. Madmans, good work. The urges do come strong sometimes for sure. Surf those urges, they will pass.
    Hold fast.
    Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hill, thans for your words of encouragement. I love your posts and always get so much from them.

FB, Sam and Madmans - hope you're still stringing together some al free days.

Thought I'd post a helpful link for you guys today - good stuff if you can take the time to read it.

6 Things that a Recovering Alcoholic Needs to Learn in Order to Stay Sober

Have a super af day everyone,

Choochie:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi hillslidetime and choochie how are you all keeping today. good post choochie . still AF here on day 24 here , busy here as normal ( if wiping asses, cooking and cleaning for two kids count's ). take care.
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Madmans, very valuable work indeed - keep it up my good man!! And, super on day 24 - don't you feel like a better dad?!! Awesome!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all newbies that come this way today . Choochie do feel a lot calmer as the days go by , so better for all concerned. For any Americans reading have a good thankgiving just dont burn the !!!!!turkey!!!!!
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, newbie here... evening binger, 4 days off. I'm highly irritable. I ordered the starter pack ~ I'm in Oz ~ and anxiously awaiting its arrival.. I'm getting itchy for some help. I don't have support around me and feel like I need some. Hoping I can get it here.
              :heart:When the wine is in, the wit is out. ~Proverb

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Spirited,

Have you had a look at the Underoos and Friends thread? We are all in Oz and New Zealand so in your time zone. Come on over and introduce yourself, you will be made most welcome. In the meantime, while you are waiting for your supps from this site, have you got any B vitamins at home? If so get started on them right away, and vitamin C (large doses - around 6,000mg for the first month). Drinks heaps of water and lemon, and plan to rest and take it easy. Stay on the boards and read, post when you are struggling and even when you arent, this is a great place, with a lot of wonderful people...all on the same journey that you are. Strength and Grace Saff
                I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spirited Oliver:welcome: - I saw you also on another thread - good that you're posting in multiple spots. Good to have you aboard.

I too started with the supplements, healthy diet, and exercise. I read tons of addiction-related books and stay on this site as much as I can. Read, read read - tons of good stuff here but it's spread throughout, so just explore. Oh, drink lots of water with lemon and L-glutamine is good for cravings too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Spirited Oliver and welcome to the nest. Great job on your four days, well done! Like Choochie says there is a lot of support and valuable information here to help you through. :welcome:

Hi Hillside, Choochie, Madmans, great to see you all here.

Fighting a cold and it is freezing here but dealing with it as best I can and NOT using it as an excuse to have a 'wee brandy to heat me up' or a 'hot toddie' like I used too!

I hope you all have a great day, and if any of you are in the US, a great Thanksgiving! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters - bumping up the thread for you
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone,

Lav, thanks for bumping.

Proud to say that I did not drink yesterday (not that I thought I would). It's just that I had dinner at my sisters - everyone else drank, but I didn't. And, I'm really happy for that today. It is sooooooooooo worth it.

Hope you all had a good day and that you'll have another AF today!!

Hugs,

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lavende, hope everone had a good sober but happy day yesterday .hi to Spirited Oliver and welcome. must go just saying hi
                          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

good stuff Choochie happy for you
                            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

MM - everything alright in your corner??:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

yea all good hear cold but good
                                AF 5/jan/2011