Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunni gg and Charlotte's . Highlight of my day was a trip to the dentist but it was'nt to bad can still eat sweets will be hitting the bed soon
    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night MM - Night all. I think maybe everyone's fledged to different threads??

Take care everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm still here

Sunni, the rains came this morning then the wind. I had to walk down my road in all that mess to retrieve my big trash can on wheels.......it went for a ride in the wind!

Say Hi to Ms Sophie for me! How's the cost of hay this year? I'll send you some if you need it
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all! I made it through Day 5. Went to a study group this evening -- trying to think of things to fill up my evenings when AL used to be it! Have a great rest of the evening!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi ML - great - so glad to hear that you're being so proactive. You will not regret giving up alcohol if you can stick with it. You're going to start feeling better and better. Would like to hear about your group meeting if you feel like talking about it.

Choochie:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

i'm back! (albeit with my tail between my legs!)

hi everyone! been niggling at myself to come back on for a while now but the old al has been seducing me into thinking i havent got a problem when i quite clearly have. started to get too smug thinking i had this moderation thing down (same old story really!). in a nut shell - got complacent and now have been on my trusty old bottle of vino a night during the ween even. im so ashamed of myself but not going to let it get me down. need to face this head on with a new plan of action. been snowed in for nearly a week now with two kids under 4 and not able to get out and do anything is getting quite frustrating. hubby and i been consoling ourselves with the vino/beer of an evening but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I absolutely love the feeling of being sober and all its effects on me and my motivation/health so i am going to go back to the strict NO ALCOHOL AT ALL in the week and no more than 2 drinks a night at the weekend. come january i am to do a month but i know its unrealistic of me to start a sober month now. so back on the waggon for me - cautiousy, carefully and never ever complacently again! sorry for being crap - i will be posting every day i think its vital to success.... xx

1st goal: 100 days
              2nd goal: 1 year
              ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nelly welcome back
                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope everyone is having a great week. Keep up the awesome work.
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nellie, maybe you could get some December days at least. I would say start now but I know people have to really want it to make it work. Maybe you could at least rack up some sober days in December. Wishing you luck. You've been here, so you know what to do. Let us know how we can help.:l

Hi MM, Hill, Sun, ML, CW, Lav and others to come along today.

Hope you guys have a super AF day!

Choochie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning urchins!

Wb Nellie! Hey, I know all about the complacency and what comes after... glad you are reworking your plan. Not sure if there ever is a 'right' time to start - but that's something that you must work out for yourself.

LOL Lav... actually, I really shouldn't laugh... I haven't checked on my own garbage can yet. It's been rather miserable here, too. As for hay, I get my hay from said neighbour who's boarding my horses now and his cost is very reasonable (considering, what others want).

Mylife.. what sort of study group? Did you enjoy it?

Well, I better get my rear end in gear here... lunch meeting and tons of work ahead today.

MM, choochie, hill, and all others to come - have a great day today!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

reality check

hi guys thanks so much for your supportive unconditional words! you know what, you're all so so right. read quite a few bits and bobs on here today and reminded myself that at the heart of the issue is this 'al' brain. my reasoning isn't me - its 'the beast'.... its starting to dawn on me that moderation may well be not for me. not seen much evidence really that it works for anyone on here. need to reconcile myself to the notion of complete sobriety and that that in itself is not a bad thing. if i stop and think about it - i need to come round to the idea that leaving the drink behind me is not a reason to grieve but celebrate.....! x ah well day one done anyhoo - yipeee!

1st goal: 100 days
                        2nd goal: 1 year
                        ultimate goal: forever

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi fellow nesters

Always room for one more in the nest? I flew away for a while but need to be back. Good on ya Nellie for day 1 and working thru some things. What do we really give up when we stop drinking? A few things like blotchy face, puffy eyes with bags underneath, bloated tummy, feeling sick, feeling very tired, no energy, emotional see saw, head in a fog, relationships going sour, empty bottles, that 'look' in our BH's eyes, lost time, forgotton conversations etc. And apart from that, it is a slippery slope and will just get worse never better unless we stop the madness and start looking after ourselves.

I am on day 11 today. We have the rain and wind here too - I'll have to check my bin as well!!!!!

Thinking of you all today - have a sober one.

Maz
                          Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening fellow nest dwellers!

Hey Mazzie.. good to see you! Of course.. there's ALWAYS room in the nest - you know that! Nicely put, btw... what do we really lose.. oh the insanity, huh?

Very glad you are wrapping your head around the idea that life without the drink isn't missing anything, but rather ADDING so many opportunities. It's a good thing to remind ourselves of... especially when we seem to get 'bored' with being sober.

I think it'll be a relatively early night for me.. I'm pooped and Mr. Wonderful is out of town - so I can do WHATEVER I like tonight

And with that I shall luv ya and leave ya... have a good night, everyone!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All! Goodnight Sunshine!

Mazzie, thanks for reminding me (again!) of everything I hate, loathe and cant stand....I know it's another thread, but it's true on any thread! We are not giving up ANYTHING! And we have everything to gain. I was so sick of looking at those bags under my eyes in the morning and feeling bloated and grouchy! Who wants that?! A sick person, like I used to be! Thanks again for the reminder, and have a great AF evening all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I slipped up last night and ended up drinking. I have been really trying to seperate my thoughts into MY thoughts and the beast's thoughts and had a successful few days telling the beast to go away.

Unfortunately, last night, it seemed it was ME wanting to drink not the beast, so I allowed myself too. I wish I had a stinking hangover this morning but I don't so I really need to think hard about this and re-visit my plan.

Hope everyone is is feeling good.
                                CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Working...
                                X