Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hiya Newbies!!!
    I was a regular here until I found my spot in the Journey thread......I have hit the 30 day sober mark, and it's so much better...my life is far from perfect, in fact, right now it's a bit of a mess, but I am sober and getting through it. I take antabuse and it is working for me.
    Just wanted to give some words of encouragement to those of you I have not met...and to those of you I know.
    LET'S KICK SOME AL ASS......OK???
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama,

Absolutely fantastic about your 30 days!!! I am so proud of you! It's been an emotional morning at school (last day of the school year) and I am already a blubbering wreck and now you've set me off again - in a happy way.

For those of you who don't know Mama Bear, I would like to tell you a bit about her....(sorry, Mama, hope you don't mind.) Mama has been around for 10 months and in that 10 months she has fought and fought AL. Mama has tried different methods and medication but has NEVER given up trying to find the right way for her.
      CW

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama - congratulations on 30 days. I'm so glad you figured out something that would work for you. Hi Mazzie - welcome!

Choochie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congatulations on 30 Days Mama. I have an appt. with a psychiatrist on Dec 9 to see how Naltrexone worked for me. I have to say it didn't seem to have any effect for me at all. (I got it in August). So, I'm on day 6 with supplements etc., but if I can't pull through this time I'll ask for Antabuse at that appointment. If I manage to stay away on my own, I might ask for a backup perscription "just in case". If Imanage not to drink until then I will be on day 14...so we will see! Glad to hear it's working for so many people. Thanks for the posts!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!

Glad I checked in tonight - Mama, a big CONGRATS to you on your 30 AF days! I know you had a rough time finding your way, very glad you did

Sunshine & calm winds here today but chilly. Big improvement over yesterday!

Mazzie, good to see you back!

Greetings & goodnight to all.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nestlings!

I think it's Friday, no? Yayyyy!
              MamaBear - congrats on your 30 days - it's been a long way here, hasn't it? I'm so happy you stuck it out and found what works :l

Well, I better get moving, seeing that this is my busy season and I fired my biggest client yesterday.

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go... :hallo:
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

60 DAYS AF FOR ME EVERYONE --- WOOHOO -- SO EXCITED!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Good Morning Everyone - just wanted to say check in. Feeling great - hope you all are too.

Sun - must have been a really bad client for you to fire them.

ML - I think you're so smart to be proactive about the meds. You know, great if you can do it without them, but a backup plan never hurts. I am determined as you are and would certainly consider meds if I needed to.

To all the newbies here - please stick with it. You WILL NOT regret being sober - happiest I've been in as long as I can remember!!

Hugs,
                Choochie:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Choochie just was on the thread Oney posted for you . but well done again treat yourself tonight.
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

MM - thanks - yes I just posted there. Thanks, MM for being here with me and others new on this venture.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Choochie how fantastic are you!!!! Congrat on 60 days. So glad you are feeling good. Keep it up - obviously you are doing somethings right.

Hello to all in the nest. Have a greeat sober weekend.

Maz
                      Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Seems like a long day is coming to an end, nestlings... tuck yourselves in warm tonight and sleep well! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Choochie ROCKS!!!!
                          Congrats on your 60 AF days - good for you

I'm fairly tired myself tonight - feet up now - yes!
                          Wishing a comfy night to all.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I hope you had a nice week. Mylife, 6 days, nice work, keep adding those sober days together. Congrats on your 30 days Mama, great work. Choch, awesome 60 days, you should be proud.
                            Hill
                            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone - just stopping by to wish you all a wonderful AF day. And, thanks for your kind words about my 60 days. I tell you, it's exhilirating. It's not that I don't have a little down moment or craving here and there, but I'm learning to cope, and every day I feel better, healthier, more rested, more content, more more more!!! I hope you guys will continue down your good path. We all started by having to piece together days at a time. But, they do start to add up quickly.

Sending you peace and strength,
                              Choochie:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, peeps (well, afternoon.. actually)

Great accomplishments this week - very happy we're all here and in one piece! May today be an AF and happy one for us all!

I've spent 2 hours mucking out the barn this morning (the most activity I've had since the surgery) and I'm right pooped and ready for a nap. Maybe that's just what I'll do

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X