Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Sunni, it's great to have you back around, sounds like you're getting your strength back too - good on you. Having a grumbly day, so moaning on all the threads - am hopping from one to the other so no one gets too fed up with me! Still cold and mucky and sludgy here in Dublin an Delia Smith is making plum puddings on the tele and making me feel guilty cos I have done NOTHING for christmas, think I may be in a panic!
    Hey Lav, my poor old Chooks are feeling the cold - they look as miserable as me! Hi Mazzie, the brilliant Choochie, Madmans, is that actually your belly? Cost a few bob to get that there!! Hi Hills Mylife and Char-am and all else in the nest - have a lovely sober Sat night, I'm planning one anyhows
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon all! Just checking in quickly between errands. Will be posting tonight I'm sure! On day 8 now and feeling great. Nice to see you this morning Molly and Choochie! Sunshine, glad you're feeling better! Mucking the barn -- you must be feeling a lot better!

Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi am new now what?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi maryjane!

Welcome to MWO & the Newbies Nest, this is a good place

Make yourself comfortable, pull up a twig & settle in - you're among friends! Lots of newbies like yourself & a few of us 'elders' here to help you in any way we can.

Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it from the Health store above. It's full of good info for you.

Take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan.
          If you can, buy the Hypno CDs - I found them very helpful in learning to relax without AL & change my thinking too!

Vist the nest every day, it really helps & you'll find a lot of support.

Best wishes on your journey!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everone justed popped in before going to bed .welcome Maryjane your with good people here, read loads and post let people get to know you is a good start. Molly not quite my belly but give it time. Mylife your doing great you will feel so good getting a weekend over you
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all. Just popped in to say goodnight. Looks like everyone is doing well. Welcome Maryjane! Keep reading and posting!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone, hope you are all doing well. :welcome:Mary Jane - good advice here from Lav. The toolbox has an immense amount of information - don't be overwhelmed - just scroll through and take what you want from it. Post your questions and people will help.

MM & ML - hit golf balls yesterday and did ok (Michelle Wie has nothing to worry about). I think it's going to be a good hobby for me, though, and I'm excited about it. Molly, someone asked MM if that was his belly once and he said no, his wife would starve him if it were!! That picture is actually one you can choose from the Avatars here.............

And, drumroll, I went to an AA meeting yesterday. I'll be posting about it on the AA thread. I didn't think it was going to "be me" but I'm serious about staying sober so I decided to take the plunge. I was pleasantly surprised about how much I got from it. It was a great group, they made me feel really comfortable - very warm and nice - so happy I went!

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day today.

Hugs,
                Choochie:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great news, Choochie! I've never yet been able to bring myself to 'go there'... I'll look for your experience on the AA thread!

And hello and good night, everyone else! Had a stay-indoors day with a little laundry, a little carpentry, a little cleaning and a lovely nap. Can't ask for much more on a Sunday, can ya?

Hope you are all enjoying a lovely, sober Sunday evening!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Choochie, I found the AA thread once and lost it again -- is it under monthly abs? I'll find it....eventually! Great to hear you're getting out there and doing positive things.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ML - yes, Weekly AA is under Monthly Abs. I posted there today in some detail about my meeting yesterday. I hope you guys will read it.

Sun, believe me, my concept of AA was such that I really didn't see myself there. I'm glad I went, though - the "religious" part of it (one of my hesitations) was very minimal and I met some really great women (it was an all women meeting). I just thought I'd feel a little more comfortable there - not that I wouldn't go to one with men, just that at the beginning it might be easier.

Hi Madmans - hope you're doing well.

Have a great evening all.

xx,
                      Choochie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all, Still here Coochie , still AF. Sunni and My life i see your doing great that all brings a smile to see people doing well . Helped put up the TREE last night and just found the whole thing very stressful , must be the fact other years i would of had a large hot one in my hand . anyway everone have a good monday
                        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

MM - super to hear that you're still with us on the not drinking - really happy to know that.

To all of you coming by, hope you have a wonderful AF day!!

:lChoochie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! MM, I felt the same way yesterday, just kind of draggy and irritated and felt like DRINKING! But I didn't and I feel so happy to have survived and feel so much better today as a result. Congrats on making it as long as you have! I'm hoping to remember these good feelings to get me through the bad ones.

Have a great AF day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check-in before I retire for the night... hope all you nest dwellers had a sober and sane Monday! I'm feeling kinda blah - so not much chatter from here. Night night!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone - just wanted to wish you a good day.

xx,
                                Choochie:l

Comment

Working...
                                X