Hi all
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love you Sun. Your name is your personality. Thank you for being here

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, mollyka! Welcome to the Newbies nest! Hope you post again and tell us a little about yourself!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks you guys. One of these days I will share the Seacailin saga: A Drug, Alcohol, and Violence Memoir, minus the blackouts of course.lol
            Not having a good day here, but not drinking. As a matter of fact, going to an AA meeting in a half hour. Got lost going to my interview this morning, and got stuck in traffic because of a crash. When I got there parking was very scarce. I was about 10 minutes late. They seemed very understanding. I just wasn't "feeling it" at the interview, if you know what I mean. When I left this morning, I had no heat in my house. We somehow lost our heat in the middle of the night. I don't know what happened, but I messed around with the digital thermostat, after waiting all afternoon for the gas company, and somehow it came back on. I made a lovely dinner for my daughter, and she knew that I was cooking for her, but has not come home. Thanks for all of your good wishes. I shall sit on the "grouchy, irritable" twig for now. Perhaps I will feel better after the meeting. Tomorrow is the "Big" interview. The job I really want. Love ya all. Off I fly to get my medicine. (AA)
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea, make room for me on the grouch, irritable twig. I'm there with ya'! Promise I won't sit too close!

Well, I'm turning in for the night. Need some quiet. Tuck-ins welcome!
              Goodnight!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi again people! I were gone for a while, visited my family and didn't feel comfortable logging into this forum at their computers. I got as far as 9 whole days with alcohol, but today i've touched it and i'm so ashamed. I hope you're all feeling better atm, life is a long journey, just remember not to get discouraged. I feel dissapointed at myself atm, but it's all about just keep on trying

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mollyka :welcome: We're all newbies here in the nest.

Papa R-don't you know all us birds here in the nest are no older than 29? LOL!!

Sea-Have a good AA meeting and then get a good nights rest. tomorrow will be better. :l

Dill-I see you sitting on your grouch twig. I'll just pull your little blankie up under your little beak until Papa R comes around to tuck us in.

Enity-jump back up there on that wagon. You're back home now and you can come here for support.

I'm going to get into my jammies, grab a book and settle down on a comfy twig for the night.

To all the rest of you nesters-hope you have a good evening.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

29? Yeah, right!

Okay, Sunshine..29? Yeah, me too. Age is only a number and you look great! of course, just so you know, I am going to post a 20-year-old sober picture of me! WAIT! I never knew you were from Germany--though you were Canadian, eh?

Papa Renewal--I never did the pot thing either so I can relate. In fact, did not even drink until i turned 50--umm, I mean 29!!!

SEA--good luck with the job interview. All my fingers and toes are crossed.

Love the safety of the nest, going to put on my PINK robe. Cuddle up to Papa for a quick back rub that I sooo deserve.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Sheeesh Upnorth, now I'm giving back rubs?? Where does my generosity end? Okay, you and your pink robe c'mon over. Let me tuck in the others first. Others of you still awake form a line behind upnorth.............goodnight cherubs,
                      PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wake up wake up! Betty's still feeling chirpy and is jumping up and down to say hello.

Lots of studying going on so haven't had time to read. But hope you're all enjoying being safe in the nest.

Bx
                        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning!

Up for another AF day here..day 4. Cravings REALLY strong last night so it was a battle.

Hey, Papa--the don't forget to bring scented oil for the back rubs....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 AF. Physical symptoms gone, slept really well for once. Just me and my shoulder devil from here on in.

Have to go to the liquor store today to replace alcohol I "borrowed" from someone else on AF day minus one. That will be interesting.

Getting serious about job hunt. Exercise going well.

Good morning, everyone!!
                            I can't drink and pretend to be sane. I can't drink and pretend to be moral. I can't drink and continue to live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sweaty! Stop jumping up down and making all that racket!

Uh-oh. Looks lik eI might be staying on the Grouchy Irritable Twig (GIT).
                              UNG, I was battling pretty hard last night, too. That's why my patience was so low, I landed on the GIT. Hope we have better days today!
                              Sara, I wonder if you could just give the person some money and let them go to the liquor store instead of you? Or did they not know that they lent it to you. Well, if you absolutely must go on your own, be strong! Just think about all of us waiting for you in the nest!

PR, How are you? How Gilligan? Have you thought anymore about getting him a kitten?

Lil, I KNOW you're coming! I am getting off the GIT right now to make you some coffee and a coffeecake! By the way, we're also having a spinach omelete and grapefruit.
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

SweAty-So good to hear from you! Isn't it strange how we can go from wondering what to do with all that free time we have when we first stop drinking to being so busy? You have really stayed strong and positive. Good job.

Sarah-Can't you just give your friend that you "borrowed" from the money to replace the bottle? What exercises are you doing? I've started back on my treadmill after a few days lapses. It really does seem to help my attitude. Stay strong.

Sea-I hope you got a good nights sleep. Good luck on your interview. I'm sending you lots of good vibes today. Let us know how it goes.
                                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X