Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello baby birds
    I dont check in much here anymore, but I wanted to give strength and encouragment to everybody in the nest. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk or vent or have a question.
    I ALWAYS fall asleep when I use the CD;s too....but they really do help me relax!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Im not sure what to even say right now, I just realized today and admitted to myself that I am an alcoholic and can't even stand myself anymore. I stayed home from work, hungover, the guilt and shame is to intense right now and i am so tired of BSing myself and everyone around me about this disease, How did I let my live get to this point and can I ever forgive myself for all of the distruction to myself, family and friends....wow I am so scared right now!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome DJ!

Well, you're in fabulous company. We all have been THERE. The guilt, the shame, the utter disgust with one self... I know. Now, that we've covered that... let's get on to more important things.

What has happened yesterday is in the past. No amount of guilt and beating yourself up is going to change it. However, what you do TODAY and tomorrow.... that is up to you. The anxiety, the disgust, the sick feeling in your stomach will subside - if you don't keep fueling it.

Have you read the MWO (My Way Out) book yet? You can download it from the store on this site (for about $12). That's a great start. Also.. have a look at these threads:

The Toolbox
        Just like a swimming pool

Well.. have a look at ALL threads, really
        Treat yourself well today.. lots of water, fresh lemon if you have... little healthy meals and get yourself a plan together. You can do this. One day at a time.
        :welcome:
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi DJ,

I think a lot of us have hit that scared point at some time in our drinking history. Use it to your advantage to make a healthy decision for your life. If we didn't go through a bad time, there would be no motivation to change, right? Hang in there and things will get better!

Good luck with your journey, there's lots of good advice on this site.

Comment

Newbies Nest

THANK YOU for the responses, I am getting the book tomorrow and have been reading so many great words from everyone on MWO, I am digging deep to find that strength I once had, I am not going to fail this time, it is not an option.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi DJ,

Welcome! I started off here in the nest myself nearly 2 years ago. This is a good place, lots of support available! Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Making a strong commitment to yourself really helps! I was sick & tired of drinking & of myself, something had to change & it did
              Stay positive & focused, log on daily......it helps a lot!

Wishing you the best oin your journey.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav,

I think the thing that is the most frusturating right now is that I am having such a hard time even seeing my future without alcohol when it is the thing that has damaged so much in my life and in my spirit. I feel like my whole world is crashing down on me...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I hope you are having a nice week. Hey DJ, I noticed your post here to Lav. It is very normal to not even be able to fathom life, or picture it, without booze. I think part of the reason is that we have never experienced it, and don't have a frame of reference. In addition, I think we need a clear mind to really grasp it. For me, it tooks months of sobriety to get a clear mind. It is a bit of a catch 22 I guess.

You can fight this battle. Read and write lots, there are many people who can help. All the best,
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Fledglings!

Why, I do believe it's FRIDAYYYY!
                    I get to stay home and warm and dry... my barn owner called and said he'll do the horses for me this morning - he has stuff do do around the barn anyways. Luv that man! :H

I did some major re-arranging on my desk yesterday... hard to believe... but I actually got ROOM now! Not sure but that could be my biggest accomplishment of the year.

DJ.. hill is completely right... in the early days it's simply unfathomable to think of a future without AL. Funny thing is, a couple of weeks in... you may find yourself smiling at random times during the day, just ENJOYING whatever it is you're doing and being unable to recall such a moment during your drinking days.

Ok, off I go... I do have a full schedule today.
                    Be good, fluff balls... I'll catch ya'll laterz!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. DJ, I felt like you did and succumbed to drinking a couple of glasses of wine after 19 days AF thinking I couldn't envision going FOREVER without that pleasure. What drinking reminded me is that it is NOT a pleasure! I didn't even really enjoy it, and now I'm back to day 1.

Hill, thanks for the reminder that it takes months to clear the brain from this poison. Sun, I'm with you, it's Friday -- TGIF!

My slip in the last two days has reminded me that I'm missing nothing when I don't drink. I felt great and as if I were on anti-depressants for the 19 days I did not drink! Just 2 glasses of wine for the last two nights gave me a headache, and a general feeling of depression! It's so not worth it. I really think I am allergic to it!

Anyway, back on the Wagon for me, I have a lot of days left in my life to be sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hullo all! Today is Day 5 for me and I'm feeling fine. Clear headed and I can't remember when I've last felt this on point. So it's Friday and I will continue to stay strong. ODAT. Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DJ..there is an interesting thread going on you may want to read about never drinking again.
                          Be strong little nestlings
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, it is so true, I can't really imagine a life without the drunk DJ in it....and my life, i am with you on the comment that I can't remember a time in the past couple of years that I had "fun" drinking, but i damn well remember breaking my two sons hearts that are 12 and 14...my daughter is 19 and just started college, I finally told her today I admit that I have a huge problem and I know the hurt I have caused her also....this will be the first christmas in years that i wont be drunk and make some kind of a scene, what a relief that will be to everyone!!!! I also know me and the moderation thing will never work for me, my biggest issue with alcohol is when I have one I go until I black out so....but as mmam bear says I LOVE MY FAMILY MORE THAN ALCOHOL!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Danae on 5 days sober.....I cant wait to have a clear head again!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest! Just a quick check in before heading off to fight the crowds of us who postponed for too long (again!) on the Christmas shopping.

I had a great AF day yesterday and am planning another today. Have a great Saturday all!

Comment

Working...
                                X