Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Hope your Saturdays are sunny and bright! I was up at a decent hour, made breakfast and now watching Sex and the City (the movie) part 1. Felt in need of a "girls" flick today.

Day 6 is underway and I'm feeling good although my stomach is a lil rumbly/upset and I don't know why. Anywho must get back to my flick. Have a great day little birds!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi-Hoooo... birdlings!

Snowy day here... will be off to scout out/cut down Christmas tree in a bit. I do hope we find something better than last year :egad: Our 2 youngest boys went out last last year and 'surprised' us with a tree.. the most hideous looking piece of needle work you've ever seen! :H

Also have the oven going.. chicken casserole is done, pie baking now for potluck dinner party tonight.. the horsie crowd's annual Christmas do. So.. much too busy to be having any silly thoughts today

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Enjoy your horsie potluck dinner in the snow Sunni

No snow down this way, cloudy & chilly, could be worse.
        I'm baking & doing other harmless chores today. I'm loving my sober life.

Wishing everyone a great day!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all hope everone is well. busy these days so have'nt had much time on here, i'm not much good at the baking thing but eating now thats a different story
          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Sun, you have me thinking of casseroles and pies!

Have a great evening all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nestlings!

Dinner was good and fun... 10pm home and sober... life is good
              Hope you all have/had a wonderful night!

See you on the flip side!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi ever one that comes this way today. hope yea all had a good weekend, snowey here it looks like its going to stay like this for a while.
                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. My husband and I set my treadmill up and I took it for it's maiden voyage. Yesterday was another successful AF day (day 7) and I'm onto day 8. I ran again this morning and I'm honestly feeling on top of the world at the moment. Have a great day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest!

Not much to report from the great white North... feeling a bit lethargic and haaa-humm today.
                    Congrats on 7 days Danae... well done!

Off to pretend to do some work.. have a grand day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello there my fine feathered friends....to Lav, Sun and any other 'veteran nesters' it is truly a blessing to see you still here and keeping the nest alive and well. I see many new faces in the crowd. It is you and your contributions that will continue to make this place a welcoming spot for newcomers to settle in. Oh, I should point out, this is Renewal, also known in these parts as Pops.....I created 'Newbies Nest' quite a while ago....then 'rekindled it' a bit later. I'm not around often these days, but like to pop in now & again to check up on things. I see we are approaching our 10,000 post. Wow! What a great tribute to all of you and your efforts to share of yourselves and to here for one another. The Nest has provided a safe place to fall for many....kuddos to all of you. I'll check back in as we get closer to #10,000....my best to each of you.
                      Pops.....and 'G'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pops & G!

I knew you would check in soon!
                        The Nest is nearing 10,000 posts & growing

Hope you are well & Happy Holidays

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi.

Just thought I would pop my head in to say hello and wish you all a happy Christmas. Hope you are all staying strong.

I am not doing too well. I am back to the life I was living before January this year. I have lost my determination and desire to stay sober. I thought I could moderate, but as I have said many times here, I CANT MODERATE! Now I am back to blacking out, feeling the shame and embarrassment, oh and having hangovers! I had forgotten how bad hangovers are!

But all is not lost, I dont feel hopeless and helpless like I did before I started at the beginning of this year. I feel confident that I can get on top of it again with the help of you and MWO. I know what I need to do and how to do it. I am sad that I blew all those months of hard work and committment, but I just have to remember what someone told me when I first started.... dont let the wake rock the boat.

At least this time I knew where to come.

Have a good day

Hippy Chick
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy - I have been thinking about you!!!! :l:l I'm sorry that you are having problems now. But, I know that you can do it. Take care & great to see you!
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Nora. Nice to see you too. x
                              I finally got it!
                              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ohhhh Hipster!! :l:l:l

I'm so sorry... but you're right, you know what to do and how to do it. Wishing you all the strength you can muster, honey. PM me anytime... I've been where you were and I've been where you are now

Comment

Working...
                                X