Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

renewal;1026570 wrote: Hello there my fine feathered friends....to Lav, Sun and any other 'veteran nesters' it is truly a blessing to see you still here and keeping the nest alive and well. I see many new faces in the crowd. It is you and your contributions that will continue to make this place a welcoming spot for newcomers to settle in. Oh, I should point out, this is Renewal, also known in these parts as Pops.....I created 'Newbies Nest' quite a while ago....then 'rekindled it' a bit later. I'm not around often these days, but like to pop in now & again to check up on things. I see we are approaching our 10,000 post. Wow! What a great tribute to all of you and your efforts to share of yourselves and to here for one another. The Nest has provided a safe place to fall for many....kuddos to all of you. I'll check back in as we get closer to #10,000....my best to each of you.
    Pops.....and 'G'
    OMG, Pops!!!!! :l:l:l
    We MISSSSSSS you! Wishing you and yours (most and foremost "G") a wonderful Christmas and the happiest New Year ever!!!!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning guys! Just popping in to say Hello.

Hippie, I think we can all relate to what you're going through. I have been struggling this past week as well but I keep coming here determined to find my sobriety! The good new is that you have done it before so you can find your way out again! I know you will!

Have a wonderful day all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fellow Nestlings

Hippy!!!!!!!! - where you bin girl? I've missed you. I think we started our journey about the same time early this year. Hope you stick around now and find your determination and resolve again. I've had mixed results this year as well but am in a good place now. I think learning to embrace sober life is helping me to move forward.

Good to see Renewal dropping in and Molly and Lav checking in too. Suns I love your sense of humour. NoraC and Mylife stay strong its worth it.

Just one more work day to go. I am actually having 3 weeks holiday starting tomorrow!!! I seem to be the only one the slightest bit concerned about all the work that is going to be left undone. Maybe I've got to learn to chill out and not be so conchy???

Anyway, big hello to everyone who will drop by today.

Maz
        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello my friends,

Thanks for the welcome back. I feel quite excited actually about getting in control again.

Hi Mylife. Thanks for your support and welcome to you too.

Hi Sunny - thanks to you too. As I said yesterday, I dont feel lost and hopeless as I did in the very beginnning. But I am glad to be back realising how fragile sobriety can be. How's your darling grandbaby? I - well my stepsons wife - has had another little girl, shes gorgeous.

Hello Mazzie, Yours was the first name I recognised yesterday when I logged on and thought it was a sign that this is where I needed to be. Glad to see you didnt get cocky like I did and think you can do it on your own... What you said about learning to embrace a sober life really stuck out for me. That is what I didnt do. All I did was remove alcohol from my life but there is so much more to be done rather than just change what is in my glass. Doggygirl told me at the start if all I do is change the contents of my glass, i wont succeed - and she was soooooo right! I feel like i spent all those sober months sulking because I couldnt have what I thought I really wanted. But now for the first time in a long time, I feel good about myself, I love my life (well getting there) and want to get started on changing all those things I need to.

It is a great feeling to come back here knowing that you all really DO understand what I am going through, how I am feeling and that it is OK to stuff up as long as I pick myself up, dust myself off and learn from my mistakes.

Thanks for your welcome back guys - I really do appreciate it.

Have a great day.

Hip
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

And a special welcome back to the original Hippy Chick

Mazzie, nice to see you as well!

Looks like I'm entertaing the kids & grandson Christmas Eve so that means I'll likely be hanging around MWO Christmas Day......I think I did that too last year. So if anyone needs to talk or anything.....

Have a cozy AF evening!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nest! I'm popping in to wish everyone a wonderful and Sober Christmas! I'll be going out of town for a few days and won't have internet access, so I'm getting in my Merry Christmas early!

Have a wonderful AF Christmas weekend all! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Mazzie, Sun and Lav, I appreciate the welcome back,,,,,it truly is a blessing to see how the nest continues to flourish and change lives. Sun and Lav, the loyalty and commitment you two have shown is wonderful. You make me a proud Pops.....well, I'm off to work all weekend, so let me take this opportunity now to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. Be safe and enjoy your time with family and friends. Take just a minute too, and pat yourself on the back for the efforts you are making to get sober and change your life. It is a journey......don't berate yourself on your failures, rather embrace yourself (and each other) for your efforts and intentions. I respect each of you.
                Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas as well Pops. Don't work too hard
                  Say Hi to G.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, Pops

And to all you nestlings as well! It's starting to get busy around here... guests arriving tomorrow - so I probably won't be around much

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

"It is a journey......don't berate yourself on your failures, rather embrace yourself (and each other) for your efforts and intentions"..... This statement from the nest's founder is why I came back and why this site is so important.

I was the biggest cynic about on-line friendships, about chat rooms, about trusting what you see and hear on the internet. I needed to see people face to face so I could read what they are really saying. But this site has changed my opinion on all that. I have "met" some wonderful people here, that I class as true friends even though I havent actually had a face to face with them. And to be able to loose that distrust i have had is a great thing.

I want to thank each and everyone of you who have commented or supported or kick me up the bum when I needed it and i hope you have a wonderful holiday/Christmas. I hope santa brings you what you desire the most.

Julie
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stick with us Hippy Chick - we are wonderful people here :H

:h Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters - haven't been here in a while and delighted to see you here Hipster, well not delighted............you know what I mean. Hope everyone is well and flying and looking forward to christmas! Hubs and I got up early cos we had nothing done all week except travelling and working and we've flown through the work, well organised now, it's great! Looking forward to my 2nd sober christmas, usually would have been sozzled by now on christmas eve and trying to stay awake to greet my adult children:blush:, it is so foreign to my way of life now I need to remember how awful it was - one christmas eve fell asleep in a chinese restaurant waiting for my dinner to come, fooled myself that cos everyone else was drinking they didn't notice - yuck yuck yuck.
                          Happy christmas all the Nest, this time last year I was clinging on by my fingertips and the Nest brought me through (christmas anyway - few hiccups after that:upset
                          Molly
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi every one. Just going to bed here . Had a few hard days staying AF today was the worst but i got past it thank god tomorrow will not be a problem for some reason i never drank much on xmas day unless was by myself. So good night ever one, or good morning if your oz side and happy christmass
                            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Almost bed time here but I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!
                              Sending thoughts & strength to those who are newly AF & worried about getting through the holidays. I did it last year & you can too. Just keep your eye on the prize - the sober life. It's totally worth it

Greetings to my old friend Molly, greetings madmans, hope you are both enjoying your holiday. I have a lovely dinner & gift exchange here with my kids tonight,

Wishing everyone a cozy & peaceful evening.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi gang, and Merry Christmas. I hope that you have a wonderful day. I made it through my first sober Christmas in decades, I felt like I was actually in the moment, not just going through the motions while trying to get more booze into me. Happy Holidays,
                                Hill
                                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X